How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

24-04-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
That Joffrey is one sadistic SOB, I don´t care about the spoil please tell me that we´ll have his head on a spike!!
I love that they introduced a new fantasy element, the dragons are no where to be seen...
apparently that part wasn't even in the books, so it makes me feel uneasy they went that far with those girl and him for the show. he's a SOB already, no need to go this sadistic. i already hate him enough.

24-04-2012
V.I.P.

in the books he's much worse to Sansa though, they just can't shoot those scenes with Sophie, so i feel like they used them to show that side of him. just a guess though

24-04-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvedansen View Post
in the books he's much worse to Sansa though, they just can't shoot those scenes with Sophie, so i feel like they used them to show that side of him. just a guess though
i've watched some interviews with sophie and it seems we're yet to see his pure evil-ness towards her, so i wouldn't scrap it already. i just find it unnecessary. he's vile enough.

will someone please tell me what will happen with that black shadows baby? you're free to spoil me.

V.I.P.

^the thing with that is that this exact scene only happens later and at another place in the book, so i'm not sure exactly who it's going to kill now, but her first "shadow assassin" kills Renly ...sad emoticon now, as i can't put a real on in, since it would show up without highlighting - lol

Last edited by Alvedansen; 24-04-2012 at 01:14 PM.
24-04-2012
V.I.P.

yeah, i know it's gonna kill renly in the next ep(), i am wondering if that thing is going to be killed or it will continue to live on and kill?

V.I.P.

i think they just dissolve...or are called back or whatever. it's never perfectly described in the books (at least not yet - i'm reading the fourth book atm). it's just her kind of magic. they have never been killed by men, though

24-04-2012
V.I.P.

oh, so they come and go? i thought this thing is here to stay. glad i was wrong. thanks for the explanation.

V.I.P.

I absolutely adore this show, but did anyone else think the last episode was borderline terrible?? I'm not sure what happened to the writing, but instead of lifting really great lines from the book (ex: when Cat tells Stannis and Renly that they both call themselves kings, yet let the kingdom bleed, etc) they gave characters lines that made them seem .. well, kind of silly and inconsistent (i.e. Cat telling the two that she'd knock their heads together if they were her sons. I mean, why would she say something like that when she's there to negotiate with Renly?) And Dany's scene whining and screaming like a spoiled child in front of Qarth was just painful

When in doubt, wear red.

Brilliant brilliant season so far
The last episode really disturbed me in the best way possible ^^. What disturbed me the most was of course that whole birth thing and I really can't stand that bitch of Melisandre.
As for Joffrey he is definitely the worst vilain ever, that scene with the two prostitutes was really hard to watch especially because Jack Gleeson acting is so good and convincing. I also hate the way he treats Sansa, I thought that he actually had some feelings for her.
I'm glad the Khaleesi has finally found a shelter because: first I can't wait to see the dragons. And secondly the whole despair thing was becoming a bit boring. Moreover I can't wait to see more of Qarth which reminds me of El Dorado.
Arrya is really intruiguing me as well. I'm excited to see how her journey will be now that she joined Tywin Lannister entourage.

tfs star

Love Tyrion! He always is scheming something, he is the man with the plan. Love him!

26-04-2012
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiffany View Post
I absolutely adore this show, but did anyone else think the last episode was borderline terrible?? I'm not sure what happened to the writing, but instead of lifting really great lines from the book (ex: when Cat tells Stannis and Renly that they both call themselves kings, yet let the kingdom bleed, etc) they gave characters lines that made them seem .. well, kind of silly and inconsistent (i.e. Cat telling the two that she'd knock their heads together if they were her sons. I mean, why would she say something like that when she's there to negotiate with Renly?) And Dany's scene whining and screaming like a spoiled child in front of Qarth was just painful
Actually, that quote is straight from A Clash of Kings, chapter 33. However, I do agree that the writing could improve and in some cases be more faithful to the original book, especially concerning the direction some characters are taking... Petyr Baelish, for example. His scene with Cersei back in the first episode - despite one of the best in the entire episode - was so out of character; he never would've confronted her like that.

27-04-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Didacus View Post
Actually, that quote is straight from A Clash of Kings, chapter 33. However, I do agree that the writing could improve and in some cases be more faithful to the original book, especially concerning the direction some characters are taking... Petyr Baelish, for example. His scene with Cersei back in the first episode - despite one of the best in the entire episode - was so out of character; he never would've confronted her like that.
Wow, I didn't remember the quote at all - thanks for confirming that it was in the book (although I still don't get the logic behind her saying something like that - it just seems counter intuitive).

And I agree with you about that scene with Littlefinger and Cersei - I guess they're trying to make things more dynamic by adding scenes (most of which are pretty good, that one being one of the best) but I hope they don't take too many liberties with the characters. The first series was excellent and I'm just afraid that the second will go down hill if they don't keep the writing to the same standards

V.I.P.

The show keeps getting better and better
I´m in awe of Arya, I love this character! the only thing missing last night was Robb... and maybe someone slapping Joffrey LOL

30-04-2012
front row

Daenerys was very pretty in this chapter , great scene between her and Sir Jorah, his words betrayed him and confirmed what Xaro Shoan told her.

09-05-2012
Feels Like Heaven

That kid Joffrey...omg...I don't think that there is anyone who makes me more angry like he does..but scenes when Tirion slaps him are pricless

I loved scenes with John and Ygritte,they would make such a cute couple Will they maybe be together? I know that John can't be with women,but maybe something happens?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
game, thrones