How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-06-2012
V.I.P.

This season went by in a blink of an eye! I don´t recall a boring episode
I´m gonna miss the goosebumps I get from the opening, a year is too long to wait.

04-06-2012
V.I.P.

agreed, it went by wicked fast

windowshopping

I think I might be the onl one not impressed about the finale. I can say that the only character I really care about is Tyrion (and maybe Cersei & Jamie...yes I love my lannisters). The rest of them lost their charm for me...
Aria's story started quite promising but now it seems to just go on and on without any end in view. The youngest Stark kids' stories are losing steam as well. I couldn't care less whom Robert marries or betrays.
The only thing that could really get me excited is if Daenarys would really cross the narrow sea sometime soon, but in the book it doesn't so...

Oh well...I'll be glued to the TV next season anyway

04-06-2012
V.I.P.

Game of Thrones Season 3 Announced!
renewed GAME OF THRONES for a third season, it was announced today by Michael Lombardo, president, HBO Programming.

“Series creators David Benioff and D.B. Weiss raised our expectations for the second season – and then surpassed them,” said Lombardo. “We are thrilled by all the viewer and media support we’ve received for the series, and can’t wait to see what Dan and David have in store for next season.”

Based on the bestselling fantasy book series by George R.R. Martin, GAME OF THRONES is an epic drama set in the world of Westeros, where ambitious men and women of both honor and ill-repute live in a land whose summers and winters can last years. The Emmy®- and Golden Globe-winning fantasy series began its ten-episode second season Sunday, April 1 (9:00-10:00 p.m. ET/PT), with other episodes debuting subsequent Sundays at the same time.

Among the early critical praise for the second season, Newsday called GAME OF THRONES “the best show on television,” while the Los Angeles Times termed the series “a cinematic feast” and “masterful.” The Wall Street Journal hailed the show as “magnificent” and USA Today called it “near perfection.”

According to early data, GAME OF THRONES’ season two premiere has already accumulated a gross audience of 8.3 million viewers, and is on track to easily surpass the season one average of 9.3 million viewers.

Season two cast members include: Emmy® and Golden Globe winner Peter Dinklage, Michelle Fairley, Lena Headey, Emilia Clarke, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau, Aidan Gillen, Iain Glen, Kit Harington, Richard Madden, Maisie Williams, Isaac Hempstead Wright, Sophie Turner, Jack Gleeson and Alfie Allen.

HBOWatch: This is the moment we all knew was coming but couldn’t wait for! We will all be graced with yet another season of Game of Thrones next year! No word on whether the rumored split season 3 is actually going to happen. Also nothing on the filming schedule which would give a lot away about a possible season 4 of Game of Thrones. But this is good news nevertheless! Storm of Swords is an amazing novel with tons of major plot points so we can’t wait to see them on screen. Congratulations everyone!

You’re probably asking yourself “When does Game of Thrones season 3 start?” A man can’t know everything. We’ll be getting word from HBO on exact release date some time this winter. But expect Game of Thrones season 3 to premiere in April 2013.

via hbowatch.com

V.I.P.

Casting

David Benioff noted during the airing of the second season that they would delay the introduction of several key characters first appearing in A Clash of Kings until the third season, citing the large number of characters already introduced in season two. Dan Weiss added that they couldn't afford to have people "waiting around" for their characters to become central to the plot.

According to Entertainment Weekly, Benioff and Weiss confirmed that the following characters will be cast for season 3 along with "a few others"
Mance Rayder, the Wildling "King beyond the Wall"

Tormund Giantsbane, a Wildling raider

Daario Naharis, a Tyroshi mercenary captain

Jojen and Meera Reed, two young Crannogmen siblings

Edmure Tully, Catelyn Stark's brother and head of House Tully

Brynden Tully, the "Blackfish", Catelyn's uncle

Selyse Baratheon, Stannis Baratheon's wife

Shireen Baratheon, their daughter; cast with Kerry Ingram[8]

Olenna Redwyne, the "Queen of Thorns", Margaery Tyrell's grandmother

Beric Dondarrion, the leader of the "Brotherhood without Banners" (the character already appeared briefly in a scene in season 1)

Thoros of Myr, a red priest with the Brotherhood

via wiki

front row

I think 10 episodes per season are too few, at this pace they will catch up George Martin before he finishes the novel series and then what? we'll have to wait 5 or 10 years until he is done?

Last edited by Birkin; 04-06-2012 at 07:30 PM.
04-06-2012
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I had mentioned to a co-worker that it would be awesome if Khal Drogo popped up in the House Of The Undying and there he was! It was nice to see him again. Daenerys dominated the finale again IMO, her scenes were some of the best. The very final scene gave me goosebumps and I am dying for season 3 to start!

05-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birkin View Post
I think 10 episodes per season are too few, at this pace they will catch up George Martin before he finishes the novel series and then what? we'll have to wait 5 or 10 years until he is done?
they're splitting the third book in 2 seasons. i think i've read somewhere their plan is to make 10 seasons of it, so GM has 4 years to finish the 6th book and 5 to finish the 7th.

Feels Like Heaven

I'm watching the season finale when I finish studying but I'm so tempted when I read your comments! Control Maja,control!

05-06-2012
V.I.P.

dajrekshn, I hope all that is true. The more the better! I have only watched up to episode 5 but I've read book 2. I cannot wait to finish the season. Sounds like the finale is fantastic! Eventually I will start book 3

06-06-2012
tfs star

just watched the finale, it was aaawesome!!
I am intrigued by Arya's friend. I loved how each story ended for the season, very cool

06-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelscatchfire View Post
dajrekshn, I hope all that is true. The more the better! I have only watched up to episode 5 but I've read book 2. I cannot wait to finish the season. Sounds like the finale is fantastic! Eventually I will start book 3
You have a year to read half of the third one. You have time...

I liked the season 2 far more than i liked season 1. Can't believe Jon Snow's path actually became an interesting one in the end (of the S2).I hope Theon doesnt die soon, he and Tyrion are my favourite ones to watch. Surprised how much Jeoffrey wa put on the DL in the last few eps, tbh. All in all, sucks we have to wait for almost a whole year, but that's the price of quality i guess.

tfs star

has anyone read the first book after they saw the whole season 1 series? Was it worth it even though you knew most of what would happen?

07-06-2012
V.I.P.

^I started it and lost interest half way through cause the changes are minimal. I hope to finish it sometime though lol

08-06-2012
tfs star

thanks koko. I'm afraid that might happen to me too lol.
I'm dying to see what happens next in all the stories

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
game, thrones