How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
Seems like they're combining way more than book 3 into season 3
i think they're speeding things up a bit for some characters (which is good imo, as nothing happens in book 4 - at least i'm halfway through it and thinking about just quitting it, because it's an insufferable snorefest) but the plan is still to break book three into two parts, right?

05-03-2013
V.I.P.

^ I thought they were breaking book 3 up too.

05-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvedansen View Post
i think they're speeding things up a bit for some characters (which is good imo, as nothing happens in book 4 - at least i'm halfway through it and thinking about just quitting it, because it's an insufferable snorefest) but the plan is still to break book three into two parts, right?
Get ready for book 5, it really picks up, and that makes you impatient for the rest of the unfinished pieces. Also, just so you're aware, books 4 and 5 are unlike the rest of the series - they're not in sequence. they happen concurrently. It threw me off to see the same characters being mentioned in the same scenes as I read them in book 4.

06-03-2013
V.I.P.

^i hate that he did that. i would have much preferred if books 4 and 5 had told the story chrnologically. i just don't care for any of the characters in book 4 (i guess my main focus is still on the Starks and Dany) so it's horribly boring for me and there's not even a chapter to look forward to. there are maybe chapters in the whole book in total that i'm interested in. and i was just reading one of the Arya chapters and i couldn't even remember how she got there and what had happened to her etc. i can't even imagine how it's gonna be with the other characters that don't even appear in the fourth book.
imo it was a terrible decision to split up the books by characters instead of the timeline and i can't imagine that the show will do the same (or at least i hope so).

10-03-2013
tfs star

Is the book Martin's writing now going to be the last installment?

10-03-2013
V.I.P.

After book 5. There is The Winds of Winter and A Dream of Spring (book 6 & 7). Book 7 is the final installment.
Book 6 has not been released yet.

17-03-2013
V.I.P.

Game Of Thrones Season 3: Trailer #2

17-03-2013
fashion icon

So I'm terrible at sharing youtube video's on here, it's the one thing I've never mastered... but anyways, here's a link to a mashup between the Princess Bride and the GOT season 3. It's called the "Princess Bride Promo" if anyone wants to look it up instead. But it's so perfect and hilarious, love it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=AFOXCfoKO1k

Love the second official season 3 trailer, so many stunning scenes this season. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 17-03-2013 at 11:11 PM.
17-03-2013
V.I.P.

^ thanks for that link! I really like the trailer. I love the end title with the dragon.

Here's how to embed: [ y t ] paste the random letters & #'s after v= [ / y t ] Removed all the spaces in the [ ]
Or on Advanced Settings there is a button, you click and insert the url like an image.

17-03-2013
fashion icon

^Ahhh.... thanks heelscatchfire!

I loved that mashup because Princess Bride is one of my favorites. Though I think they should have found a way to include the scene with "mawwiage..."

backstage pass

Am I the only one struggling a bit with the book?
After watching season 1 and 2 I bought all books and... I struggle to finish the first one
It is in no way bad but it is just so long I guess, I am 3/4 of the first book and I will definitely finish it but thinking there are 3 more after...

please tell me what you guys think of the books, did you read them? should I continue?

V.I.P.

They're long, but they were page turners for me. I couldn't put them down...

19-03-2013
V.I.P.

^^the first three were page turners for me as well, but i love long books, so the length wasn't a problem for me. the fourth one, however, is simply atrocious and one big borefest

19-03-2013
V.I.P.

so cute

19-03-2013
V.I.P.

^ aww

Personally, I really enjoyed the books. I have only read up to book 3, and they were pager turners. It did take some time to read them but I read a bit everyday. I am a bit apprehensive on picking up book 4 because they are so time consuming. But overall they are great.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
game, thrones