How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-03-2013
fashion insider

Okay I love Game Of Thrones but it sometimes scares/disgusts the feminist inside me. I'm excited for the next season, I just hope it won't have 'rape' mentioned every ten minutes of the show

26-03-2013
V.I.P.

26-03-2013
backstage pass

There are so many trailers, I can't handle it!!! Far too excited for this season. I'm currently reading the books, but i'm only just finishing the first, but I'm sure there are going to be a lot of deaths in this season....
But THE DRAGONS ah! I'm just so excited. And a bit obsessed...

V.I.P.

Only a few more days!! So close! I can't wait.

31-03-2013
fashion elite

The season premiere tonight! I can't wait!

31-03-2013
fashion icon

FYI, for those who have Time Warner Cable or Comcast (and live in the US), both networks are offering HBO for free viewing this weekend (even if you don't pay for it) so that they can reach a wider audience for the season premiere of GoT! Which is pretty awesome of them.

V.I.P.

I wasn´t expecting much from the premiere episode (other than the excitement that the season finally started) but now I can´t wait to see more about Daenerys´ story!! Jon´s seems it will interesting as well.
The opening sequence always gives me goosebumps

31-03-2013
V.I.P.

Yea I caught most of season 2 on hbo today.
The premiere was good! Dany's storyline is always one of my favorites. I really like Margery Tyrell, she seems to know how to handle the Lannisters. Poor Tyrion! Tywin is a total dick for what he said.

I wish this season was extra long so they could accommodate the whole book. I can't wait til next year for some of the scenes.

31-03-2013
V.I.P.

^Tywin is a cool dad, isn´t he? O_o

01-04-2013
tfs star

well I was disappointed with the resolution of the cliffhanger, what happened to the hoards of ice zombies ?

01-04-2013
fashion elite

I'm so glad the show is back on!

Richard Madden aka Rob Stark is so sexy, the Scottish accent, the brown curls and those baby blue eyes, oh lord help me.

The highlight of the episode was Tyrion vs Tywin, his dad is such a ****ing bad *** and I feel sorry for Tyrion since he is the only Lannister with some sense. I see Tywin compared Tyrion to his own dad Tytos Lannister. This scene is a great set up for the ending of the 3rd book, I hope they show that one scene during this season and not next year. There will be so much irony.

Drogon was awesome flying over the sea, diving down underwater, catching that fish, flying back up and roasting it in mid air. I wish he would do that to Malissandre so she can meet her fire god.

Let me start rooting for Natalie Dormer, she slayed as Anne Boleyn in The Tudors and now as Margaery Tyrell. She’s young enough to be believable a Margaery but experienced enough to keep up with Lena Headley’s wicked Cercei. She is soooo shady! I can’t wait to see those to go at it as the season goes on. PS, Dormer has a great cleavage.

Overall, not much going on in the season premiere but a GREAT FOUNDATION for the upcoming episodes and how the story will develop. For next week, I can’t wait to see Olenna Tyrell in action.

01-04-2013
V.I.P.

^I agree with all of that CommanderTMugler... Except for the part about Natalie Dormer's cleavage. It didn't immediately come to mind. :p

01-04-2013
V.I.P.

^ Me too, I do hope the Tyrion and Tywin scene is shown too! And I have to agree with the Robb comment, I've always liked him but this season he looks

oh I love how the intro included Harrenhal and Astapor. As well as Winterfell burning. Its cool how the intro changes to suit the show.

01-04-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by jml2 View Post
well I was disappointed with the resolution of the cliffhanger, what happened to the hoards of ice zombies ?
Yeah, wtf... That finale was all kinds of wonderful. You can't just show such an awesome teaser-- the actual beginning of the storm... only to then show that it completely passed by in the opener of the new season. Total disappointment.

The rest were underwhelming to me. I'm just a casual fan, but I would prefer they concentrated on 1 or 2 storylines for the opener. And I must be the only one that's bored with the sniping, snarkiness and banter. I don't want to watch a soap opera; I'd prefer to see merciless, brutal, raw scheming as befitting the age and time these people live in.

On a positive note, Dany is such a thing of beauty and her Gareth Pugh teeth/dagger necklace is equally awesome. The only other to rival Dany's beauty for me is... Jon. Oh boy...

01-04-2013
V.I.P.

They couldnt have started the season with the white walkers, that would have been overkill! the season lasts 13 episodes after all... and season 2 didn´t start with Dany and her dragons either.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
game, thrones