How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

01-04-2013
V.I.P.

Does anyone have trouble understanding this show? i'm worried there might be too many characters to keep track of.

01-04-2013
V.I.P.

^Don´t worry, my bf has the same problem. every now and then I have to pause and explain who´s who and where they come from

I think someone posted a guide a while ago?

01-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
They couldnt have started the season with the white walkers, that would have been overkill! the season lasts 13 episodes after all... and season 2 didn´t start with Dany and her dragons either.
This season has 13 episodes?

Yea I think that having read the books makes it so much more understandable to all the characters. I also have to stop and explain to my friends while we watch.

01-04-2013
V.I.P.

^No sorry, I was just guessing cause usually the short term tv shows are 13 episodes but I should have checked before just writing down a number
According to tv.com the season will be of 10 episodes.

01-04-2013
V.I.P.

Oh It's all good, I knew there was 10 episodes because that's how much each season had. I did hope for more!

01-04-2013
V.I.P.

I think we're going to see the white walkers in some kind of a flashback. Don't know if they'll stay true to the book because there were other happenings during that battle that they didn't show (yet?...)

02-04-2013
fashion elite

The season is usually 10 episodes, each about 52 minutes long, but this season the 10 episodes will be 57 minutes or so adding 50 minutes of footage, in a way another episode to the overall season time.

Last edited by CommanderTMugler; 02-04-2013 at 03:36 AM.
02-04-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
I think we're going to see the white walkers in some kind of a flashback. Don't know if they'll stay true to the book because there were other happenings during that battle that they didn't show (yet?...)
A flashback of the Walkers seems anti-climatic...

Starting this season with Sam caught in the eye of the Walker storm would have paid off from last season's epic last moments. We don't need to see a resolution of sort-- since I'm sure the Walker Army will be featured towards the end of the season, but just a bit more time showing where they're headed... a brief confrontation of sorts between the Watchers and the Walkers would be nice. A bit more action wouldn't hurt the opener. Instead, we just got a lone straggler zombie clawing at Sam... Maybe it's due to budget constraints. My ideal episode would concentrate on the Watchers confrontation with the Walkers, Jon in the Wildlings encampment, and contrast all that coldness with Dany's story in the sun-drenched seas. I thought her story felt rushed, with the attempted assassination and the old knight (sorry, don't know his name) revealing himself and his service to her.

I hope to see more military-strategizing for this season. More skirmishes and even battles would be nice. Just less snarkiness and bantering would be most welcomed for me. Is there this much snarkiness in the books?

02-04-2013
V.I.P.

Yes, Ser Barristen Selmy indeed revealed himself to her much quicker than in the book. I guess Belwas has been cut out of the tv series. Dany's story will have to be rushed, I guess. I can't imagine them doing 3 slave cities on a TV budget, even if it's HBO.

03-04-2013
backstage pass

^^^ Interesting: So Dany actually gathers her army from 3 slave cities...? That would be so much grander had they gone along with that. Too bad it's clear they're rushing her story; it's the one I'm most interested in. I'm not a fan of the insanely popular Tyrion and Arya, but looks like they're getting the most devotion. Their story and their characters are too modern for such a time and place that whenever they're the focus, I'm instantly drawn out of that world and only see actors reading their all too-carefully scripted lines.

03-04-2013
V.I.P.

Dany doesn't really get her army from 3 cities, she sort of conquers 3 cities. And is learning to rule. I really like her storyline the best. I do also think its rushed but only time will tell if its a good idea or not.

Last edited by heelscatchfire; 03-04-2013 at 03:25 PM.
03-04-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucy92 View Post
Does anyone have trouble understanding this show? i'm worried there might be too many characters to keep track of.
I encourage you to follow this channel

she did a first video on the targeryans and it's so well explained!
it make sense to me now
she will post the following videos soon I hope

V.I.P.

I can't stop watching this

04-04-2013
backstage pass

Thanks for that tidbit heelscatchfire! Dany's story is indeed rushed then. And it seems they're making her out to be gentler, kinder and more compassionate... and even naive? Her character should really be more guarded than how she was so trusting of the strange creepy little girl-- it's not like there's not been an attempted assassination on her, or she's been lied to or tricked.

I guess their budget really isn't that great if the grander events are left out...

04-04-2013
V.I.P.

She is very naive, she thinks the best of people but I do believe she gets stronger and more guarded. or at least I hope she does.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
game, thrones