How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-04-2013
V.I.P.

To answer your question: the book actually doesn't have torture scenes of Theon, rather he has moments where it's describe him limping or in pain and mention because he's had things (fingers/skin/genital) removed. And thank God for that.

10-04-2013
tfs star

oh lord I can't handle the grusome stuff on this show, I'm not looking forward to this new sadist.
The kid playing Joffrey definitely should get a golden globe or something.

10-04-2013
V.I.P.

Thanks Littleathquakes for clearing that up. I remember a mention of his finger & things like that.

13-04-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
I find Bran's story incredibly boring in the books. Like I know it's fantasy but his story gets really weird and crazy. I have no idea where Martin is going with his character.
YES!! I dread seeing his name when I am about to turn the page. And its all the same in each chapter, some wolf dream where he killed a bunny. I also did not particularly enjoy Samwell but his storyline has become somewhat interesting. Anything is better than Bran.

14-04-2013
windowshopping

For some reason anything that is not happening in King's Landing/wherever Dany is doesn't really interest me...

14-04-2013
fashion elite

This episode was a bit slow for me, next weeks seems more interesting, I can't wait for the scenes betweem Olenna and Cersei as well as Dany buying her army.

15-04-2013
V.I.P.

I know...I was like "there's 5 more minutes left...I think she's going to do it, I think she's going to do it" then the punk rock version of Rains of Castarmere started blasting and the credits rolled.

15-04-2013
V.I.P.

Actually just reading some reviews, it's "The Bear and the Maiden Fair" that was played

15-04-2013
backstage pass

I've never liked Tyrion or Peter the way that everyone seems to adore him, but this season I can't stand him. His scenes are insufferable and seems to be there only because he's "Tyrion" and everybody loves Tyrion so the show wants to give him his time even though his story is just fluff. Meanwhile, more interesting and important stories are shortened, or cut at the expense of "The Tyrion Show"-- like Dany's and Jon's-- which will actually have some consequences to this world of theirs. Do we need to see Tyrion gifting his Page with whores like some Playboy's version of "The Price Is Right"...? I'd prefer a longer scene with Dany and the Slave Trader-- actually, more Dany and no Tyrion would be most welcomed. And Arya's goodbye to Hotpie was adorable and the appropriate "breather" instead of more "cool" tyrion.

The gratuitous nudity, slanted towards the women, comes off as a bunch of geeky writers thinking that their audience are only a bunch of geeky 17-year-olds boys.

And oh yeah, poor Jaime. His dad is not going to be happy: An imp first, and now a cripple.

15-04-2013
trendsetter

its HBO, what do you expect from them

loved that scene with Arya as well

15-04-2013
V.I.P.

I have no problem with gratuitous nudity but gratuitous scenes? no, thank you. That scene with Pod and Tyrion was such a waste! I thought something more important was coming but when he poured the wine and asked for details I couldn´t believe it...

Poor Jaimie, no good deed goes unpunished :/

Who else is glad to see Misfits´Iwan Rheon?

16-04-2013
tfs star

that Tyrion and friends scene was probably a waste of time given how much they need to cram in, but I kind of liked it. There's so much backstabbing and dog eat dog competition, it's a relief to watch a few characters getting along and having fun

16-04-2013
V.I.P.

I loved Jaime's scene - they did that scene really well.

16-04-2013
V.I.P.

Ye Tyrion's scene was funny but I agree did we really need to see him give Pod some whores and ask for details. I'd much rather see other extended scenes.

Poor Jamie, oh well. I really like the new Jamie that comes out of the mutilation. I can't wait for those scenes.

I'm also excited to see Iwan Rheon! I wonder what he is up too with Theon.

16-04-2013
backstage pass

Just want to add how cool was that Theon chase scene! Finally, some well-choreographed action scene for the season-- too bad it was so short... and the ending with the "Deliverance" homage... Theon's got a great as* LOL

I look forward to seeing Arya more and more now, she's just the perfect breather for me. Her scenes are very natural, and never tedious, or contrived. Her combination of awkwardness and naive confidence makes her so endearing to me.

I find the slave trader's attitude towards Dany so deliriously entertaining-- in a cleverly written way: His disgustingly chauvinist attitude towards her; demeaning and belittling her throughout his meetings with Dany is hilariously left out by his interpreter without missing a beat. And all the while, apparently Dany completely understands what he's saying. She's so focused on securing the army, his words mean nothing to her-- because he is nothing to her.

I love how confidently, and how with utter surety Dany rules now-- even putting her most trusted Jorah in his place, lest he forget who he's dealing with. She's really grown into her own. Her scorn and merciless ferocity for those who have betrayed her are dealt with in the severest of ways. But those that unjustly suffer-- even strangers, she's sympathetic and kind, and unafraid of retaliation. She's no bleeding heart Liberal. She has come to define "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned". Love her more with every passing episode. Dany, Arya and Cersei are the Holy Trinity, and reason to watch, for me. And Jon Snow.

Last edited by Phuel; 16-04-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
game, thrones