How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

16-04-2013
V.I.P.

^ I agree with you about everything regarding Dany. She has always been my favorite character in the books and the show. Along with Arya & Jon.

Theon did have a nice backside.

16-04-2013
tfs star

the scenes of Dany and the slave trader were great, I really enjoyed the captions vs english translations

17-04-2013
backstage pass

Dany is really a double edge sword
You tend to like her because she started so sweet and she wants to clame a thrown that belong(ed) to her family
but her dad was crazy (mad king) and she's the descendant of a family of conqueror that burned people and cities without mercy and she seems to be heading toward this path as well
so I still like her for the moment but I don't think I will like what she is becoming

backstage pass

Wow that last scene with Jamie. No matter how many times I see it, and no matter how much I know it's coming, it still shocks and disturbs me when I see it.

I've always found this show harder to stomach than other shows like Walking Dead, Dexter, etc. I guess it's because I'm more afraid of pain and gore rather than death and gore.

Also, I don't read the books but I usually spoil myself with the wiki. I didn't spoil myself this time around, but I have a very very very strong feeling Daenarys is gonna take those 8,000+ Astapor slaves she bought and 2 dragons (actually 3 since the one she gave the slave trader isn't loyal to him) and literally wipe out all of Astapor. Very smart move. Once she said she was giving up a dragon, I had a feeling it's what she would do, because she would never give up a dragon. It'd give her a test run with the slaves, a taste of war, establish her ruthless reputation, and it'd be a win-win since she gets her army and prevents further mistreatment of future slaves. It will be glorious!

V.I.P.

^ I think your close!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
I find Bran's story incredibly boring in the books. Like I know it's fantasy but his story gets really weird and crazy. I have no idea where Martin is going with his character.

I don't even think Martin is too sure where he is going with Bran's storyline. I read that Bran is the hardest character to write for because of his youth & knowing how to have someone that young react to the loss, anger, resentment all those strong emotions. Also he said Bran's story is difficult because of it is the one with the most magical elements and he wants to get those elements right it being the science fiction genre.

19-04-2013
trendsetter

This really was the defining moment for Jamie, will be interesting to watch his character from now.
Love him and Brienne together.
I kind of like some of the changes they make from the book, it keeps me hooked to see someone like Theon and what will develop of his story line since he was practically nonexistent in the third book.

22-04-2013
tfs star

awesome ending to latest episode, wow!

22-04-2013
V.I.P.

last night's episode.

22-04-2013
front row

I was waiting for that Dany's scene since season 1!!

I'm glad that they did justice to the book, it was truly magnificent !!

22-04-2013
V.I.P.

The end!! it was perfect. So happy for Dany she is on her way.

The whole episode was great. I do feel slightly bad for Jamie, although after all he has done, he may deserve some of that treatment.

I can't wait for next weeks fight between Gregor Clegane & Beric Dondarrion. Should be interesting!

I like how we got a little back story on Varys. Margery is awesome, she really knows how to work Joffery and Cersei knows it.

23-04-2013
tfs star

I really like Margery, she's so clever

23-04-2013
V.I.P.

Go Dany! What a great episode ending

28-04-2013
backstage pass

Please please please let the next episode be all about Dany leading her grand army! She is on fire

28-04-2013
fashion elite

Everything about tonights episode was flawless!! It made up for some slower times, they really caught up, I'm thinking they won't split it into two books!

29-04-2013
V.I.P.

Brienne and Jaime's hot tub scene...really great job what the show did. This happens in the book too, but at a far slower pace. I'm thoroughly impressed they were able to get that done in that amount of time and draw out Jaime's ambiguous character. The "Jaime...my name is Jaime" part was

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
game, thrones