How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

29-04-2013
V.I.P.

^ Yes! When he said that you realize her and Brienne have really bonded.

I love that intro! The duel between Beric and the Hound was awesome!

I can't wait to see Sansa's reaction to the wedding news but I don't think she will appreciate her match like she probably should.

What's with Selyse Baratheon's fetuses?! (not sure I spelled her name right) That was not in the book...

29-04-2013
V.I.P.

Episode 6 promo

29-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelscatchfire View Post

What's with Selyse Baratheon's fetuses?! (not sure I spelled her name right) That was not in the book...
IKR?! I go to my friend's house to watch it cause I can't afford HBO and we all were like "this wasn't in the book, was it?" - and the thing is, we couldn't even figure out what was happening. It's a real head scratcher. We thought at first it was the shadow monster that Melissandre birthed (ie, she took one of fetus's life to give birth to that monster), but there are 3 fetuses and only 1 shadow monster, so that quickly got thrown out.

29-04-2013
V.I.P.

Haha I do the same! I can't afford hbo even for two months.
She had them named so it couldn't be the shadow baby. I guess they were stillborns she kept. One was named Edric which is the name of a character at Dragonstone in the book so is the fetus his tv show replacement?

29-04-2013
V.I.P.

Beric was a medieval Jedi Master, with his medieval lightsaber

30-04-2013
fashion elite

They changed some small details overall but nothing major, in the books Sansa then Cersei are engaged to Willas, the true heir to Highgarden but he's never mentioned on TV. It wasn't Loras who spilled the beans, let alone in a one night stand (though it made for an overdue same sex scene).

For a second I thought Loras and his squire would add in new same sex storyline but that was demolished in a minute, as well as Loras' devotion to Renly along with his main quote "“When the sun has set, no candle can replace it” that went on for a while in the books.

I have a bit of resentment against that since I would have loved to see Renly's story develop for a bit longer. Him getting killed by a random shadow was so amateur and not up to par with the rest of the other deaths in the series.

30-04-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
Beric was a medieval Jedi Master, with his medieval lightsaber
I thought Witch King of Angmar...

Too much talking. If I wanted all that talking, I'll read Henry Miller's Rosy Crucifixion trilogy.

Loved that fiery duel! Apparently, it's all real fire-- no CGI. Finally, some action worthy of the world they live in. And Arya losing it when the Hound won and she went after him with someone's dagger. She is a fearless and ferocious little cub! I'm adoring her more and more-- the actress is amazing; she can communicate with so much emotion in just one word. Maisie is simply spellbinding to watch, unlike the adults with their overindulgent scenes that go on and on-- jeez.

I loved Cersei's cocky evil/sexy grin throughout her meeting with her brother and father. She is just so wickedly sexy-- until her father flipped it on her and she's vulnerable, desperate, pained, fragile-- she's human after all. I adore her as much as I do Arya; she's like a deadlier version of Lady MacBeth. Now she's in the same predicament as Tyrion. Looks like they'll have to bond to get through/out of this...

30-04-2013
backstage pass

Haha I didn't get vulnerable, desperate, pained, or fragile from that scene.

I think the point of that scene was to make both Tyrion and Cersei look like petulant brats.

backstage pass

^^^How could you be so heartless!

I don't think the show would want to show their star Tyrion as a petulant brat. Just my take, of course.

Now, I don't care much for Tyrion nor Peter... but he's never come across bratty or petulant and Peter is smart enough to never play Tyrion this way; Tyrion knows very well despite his privileges, he'll always be known as the imp. I thought he was trying to weasel his way out of the marriage, but he definitely knows his father will always have the best of him so resorting to a petulant behavior would only fall on deaf ears. As for Cersei, she was begging her father like a little girl "Not again-- please!" all the while dad beats her down even further with the "disgusting" rumor of her and Jaime... He is a merciless tyrant to his children. Maybe it's just me that's got a soft spot for her, but that desperation at that moment was all too obvious. In any case, the daddy-issue is so beyond therapy for these two! Good thing Cersei failed at having Tyrion killed-- otherwise, she'd be on her on now on this...

01-05-2013
backstage pass

Well my interpretation of Tyrion's "weaseling" and Cersei's "pleading like a little girl" is acting like petulant brats.

And I mean "petulant brats" in more of a lighthearted manner. The looks on their faces after being rebuked by daddy (yet again), especially Cersei's face changing so quickly from smug to shock to upset, is priceless.

backstage pass

without spoiling too much, they say from episode 1 "winter is coming". Now 3 seasons in, when is winter coming? Has it happened in the books and if so around when?
Thanks

front row

Yes, it already happened in the books and if I'm not mistaken winter started in the second book when the citadel send white ravens to all the great lords (that is the sign that the winter officially started). However the weather didn't change that fast and there was a brief autumn before the snow storms started in the north and now there are going south, in a dance with dragons ( the last edited book) it's snowing in Kings Landing.
Btw, summer and winter last for years in Westeros, so really long winters have tragic consequences.

Last edited by efilipa; 06-05-2013 at 09:47 AM.
06-05-2013
fashion elite

I loved the scene between Lady Olenna and Tywin Lannister.

Also Arya about to drag Malissandre was great!

06-05-2013
backstage pass

I think this was one of the strongest, most intense episodes despite the lack of any physical action of the season. Winter storm's here. All the players are in place and making their move-- casualties will be enormous. Poor, poor Ros.

Arya has become my favorite player in this Game of Thrones. She has balls of iron. She doesn't need her dire wolf-- she is one. Why do I get the feeling she will be rescuing Gendry?

That climb to the Wall was beautiful; cinematic and the VFX are supreme. First rate.

heelscatchfire: When you hinted there will be someone who will make Joffrey seem like a pussycat, were you referring to the Rob Thomas-lookalike torturing Theon? I don't know if anyone can top Joffrey's getting off on what he did to Ros...

06-05-2013
V.I.P.

^ Poor Ros!! Yea I don't know about that, it is hard to top Joffery's actions. That came out of an interview I read with the writers/author, I can't remember. I don't even know what is happening to Theon or his captors.

I adora Arya, you are so right, she does have balls of iron. To confront Melisandre! Its interesting that she said Arya had a darkness in her. I hope nothing bad happens to Gendry, I've started to really like him and Arya as a duo.

The Lady Olenna and Tywin Lannister scene was priceless.

I wish we had seen Tyrion tell Sansa about their betrothal.

The climbing of the wall was beautiful, Jon and Ygritte at the top

Its getting close to the end so the next episodes are going to be really intense. Each episode has been so on point. Its hands down the best season of Game of Thrones.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
game, thrones