How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

10-06-2013
V.I.P.

All the season finales are a bit of a let down after the 9th episode.

10-06-2013
backstage pass

Weakest season. Snuggly ending though-- Dany's Mother of Dragons and to a Free Army! (I am getting bored with Dany's "You're not slaves, you're free people [but I still need you to fight for me]" speeches.)

Season 3 has been strangely forgettable and bland to me despite the massive potential. There are some glorious, beautiful and strong moments, though:

• Jaime and Brienne's relationship/scenes
• Cersei's smugness at the meeting with her father and Tyrion for his arranged marriage to Sansa only to finds out that she's also forced to marry again
• John and Wildlings climbing the wall (although too brief)
• Dany reveals herself to the first slave master and unleashes her dragons to claim and free the Unsullied
• Brotherhood of No Banners' leader duels the Hound with a flaming sword
• Sam destroying the White Walker (all of Sam's scenes, actually. He's very endearing to me.)
• Arya and the Hound's relationship/scenes
• Ramsey Snow is despicably interesting and gleefully mad to me he's a standout character this season (I guess someone was right-- he's much more memorable than psycho-brat Joffrey)
• Jon's desperate "I've got to go home" to Ygritte as she pierces hims with arrows

I know everyone is reeling and shocked by the Red Wedding. I thought it was alright, but there was too little of a buildup to the scene, I felt uninvested in the characters and disinterested in the forced horror. It felt lacking in intensity. Not really memorable after all.

Last edited by Phuel; 10-06-2013 at 12:59 PM.
10-06-2013
V.I.P.

It was an ok finale imo, tying all ends more or less. I was hoping for a great cliffhanger though...
I was pleasantly surprised at how stoic Sam was in his scene with the Maester

10-06-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
It was an ok finale imo, tying all ends more or less. I was hoping for a great cliffhanger though...
My thoughts **SPOILER IN WHITE**:

In the preview there was a shot of a woman's face (looked like Catelyn's), eyes closed. I thought that would be the end scene where her eyes open and she becomes Lady Stoneheart. That would've been a terrific cliffhanger. But I didn't even the shot of the woman's face in the actual finale.

11-06-2013
backstage pass

The finale was a bit of a letdown especially after the tragic events of the 9th episode. I think overall it was again an awesome season, I'm really interested in how they will develop Jaime and Brienne relationship especially now that he's finally back at King's Landing.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I felt like the finale was a bit of a let down too, especially considering the ending of episode 9. Regardless, there were some great scenes with great characters. I'm excited to see where the Arya story is taken in the show, I think her scenes were my favourite this season.

trendsetter

Just finished watching the first season, downloading the second. Yep I'm addicted. Going to read through you guys comments from the first season.

23-06-2013
V.I.P.

The finale was a bit let down. I thought there would be more drama..
I love the show though and the books. Does anyone know when new book comes out?!

25-06-2013
trendsetter

They killed the Starks!!! OMG

18-07-2013
V.I.P.

16 Emmy 2013 nominations!
DRAMA SERIES
"Game of Thrones" (HBO)

WRITING FOR A DRAMA
David Benioff and D.B. Weiss ("Game of Thrones")

SUPPORTING ACTOR IN A DRAMA
Peter Dinklage ("Game of Thrones")

SUPPORTING ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
Emilia Clarke ("Game of Thrones")

GUEST ACTRESS IN A DRAMA
Game Of Thrones • HBO • Diana Rigg as Olenna Tyrell

and more nominations in cinematography, casting, sound, makeup etc

18-07-2013
fashion elite

What?!?! That supporting actress nomination should have gone to Michelle Fairley not Emilia! I love Emilia but she can get hers later on.

18-07-2013
V.I.P.

Completely agree! I was so surprised not to see Michelle Fairley instead or listed along with Emilia. Emilia Clark is fantastic but I do think Michelle truly shined this season. And I wish they would choose another actor besides Peter Dinklage as a nomination.

18-07-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelscatchfire View Post
Completely agree! I was so surprised not to see Michelle Fairley instead or listed along with Emilia. Emilia Clark is fantastic but I do think Michelle truly shined this season. And I wish they would choose another actor besides Peter Dinklage as a nomination.
I agree about supporting actor always going to Peter Dinklage, Charles Dance (Tywin Lannister) would have been great as well as Nikolas, I'm glad they gave Diana Rigg (Olenna Tyrell) a nomination for Outstanding Guest Acress.

18-07-2013
V.I.P.

Glad to see Diana nominated, she was delicious in that role. Michelle totally deserves a nomination, but I am happy for Emilia as well.

18-07-2013
V.I.P.

Diana Rigg was amazing, she was everything I expected and more. I love Lady Olenna even more after the show.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
game, thrones