How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-07-2013
fashion icon

Emilia is good but she isn't a standout on the show I don't think, Michelle Fairley should have been nominated. I think part of the reason why Emilia got nominated is because her storyline is a fan favorite. Whereas people aren't always so keen on storylines involving certain others, like Sanasa, who often gets labeled as a "b***h (which I disagree with)," even if the acting is pretty remarkable. I find Sophie Turner's acting more on point, was actually hoping she might get a nomination (even though it was a bit of a long-shot). Oh well, there is always many more seasons to go for her to get her chance!

20-07-2013
V.I.P.

^ Your make a great point. I think that's what Peter Dinklage gets nominated so much as well because he is a fan favorite. He is great but there are other deserving male actors.

20-07-2013
fashion icon

^Some might disagree with me but I actually think that Jack Gleeson should be nominated, I mean, that's some pretty fine acting if you can make your character almost universally hated. Don't get me wrong I think Peter Dinklage and Emilia Clarke are both good actors but I do wish that sometimes the award show voters would think outside of the box (and not just for GoT nominations). But I am glad to see that the show does get nominated at least!

V.I.P.

I've been saying the same thing about Jack/Joffrey. He's a phenomenal young actor. If people hate him that much, he's doing his job very well. And Charles Dance as Lord Tywin - cold, cunning, menacing - those two guys should be nominated before any other male actors on the show. It's a shame Sean Bean never got the Emmy love, either.

22-07-2013
rising star

V.I.P.

i think everyone of them are good choises for the parts they play. fantastic show.

26-07-2013
fashion elite

I assume the Royal Wedding will take place on the second episode of the 4th season, George R.R. Martin is writing that episode.

07-08-2013
V.I.P.

Season 4 casting updates

Pedro Pascal has been cast as the Red Viper or Oberyn Martell
Quote:
"Game of Thrones" showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss said casting the Red Viper was tough. "The Red Viper is sexy and charming, yet believably dangerous; intensely likable, yet driven by hate. The boys love him, the girls love him, and he loves them all back. Unless your last name is Lannister. We found a fellow who can handle the job description and make it seem effortless. He wasn’t easy to find and he won’t be easy to stop," the duo told EW
- huffingtonpost

Roger Ashton-Griffiths will play Mace Tyrell father of Margery and Loras.

07-08-2013
fashion elite

I was hoping they would get Oded Fehr from The Mummy Series to play Oberyn Martell, he would have been perfect but hair and make up will possibly change Pedro's image dramatically.

elleraine.com

I would have assumed they would have cast someone a bit more pleasing to the eyes for Mace Tyrell, he's supposed to be this handsome guy in his younger days but over the years he's gotten a bit fatter but his good looks remained.

07-08-2013
trendsetter

I've downloaded the books ... Wish me luck LOL

07-08-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygodiva View Post
I've downloaded the books ... Wish me luck LOL
The first one was hard for me to read because it was too similar to the show but I enjoyed from the second one
hope you will enjoy too ^^

backstage pass

Dinklage's nominations are nothing more than fan-pandering and a gimmick for the show. And why not? Nominations are always based on a a gimmick/ hook, and as everyone knows; it's a popularity contest. And Dinklage leads in both these catagories.

If Dinklage were just a middle-aged actor, he would have not been so popular to fans, not the nomination commity. It's because he's a little person who plays the clever, down-to-earth outsider character-- with a very modern attitude and demeanor that the typical fan can easily relate to. In other words: He's the Everyman. And his gimmick is he's a dwarf-- he stands out in the show, as well as in the nomination pool. It's very PC to promote and nominate the "first" little person for an award. I don't think he is particularly exceptional an actor-- there are others way more charismatic and layered than Dinklage's portrayal-- or his character's: Charles Dance and Nicholaj instantly come to mind for the men. For the women, Michelle Fairley has always been consistently strong in her portrayal, and Maisie gets better and better, for me. But nominating middle-aged actors just wouldn't give the show the notice as nominating Dinklage. And nominating young people/ teens is already old news (so too bad for Maisie and Jack).

10-09-2013
V.I.P.

any Sigur Ros fans?
'Game of Thrones' casts Sigur Ros in season 4 -- EXCLUSIVE -insidetv.ew.com

Quote:
In what’s become a Game of Thrones tradition, the HBO fantasy hit has teamed with an acclaimed indie band for the upcoming season.

Thrones has landed Icelandic art-pop sensation Sigur Rós to appear in season four. Jón Þór “Jónsi” Birgisson, Georg Hólm and Orri Páll Dýrason are currently shooting an appearance on the Thrones set in Croatia. What will the band mates do? Will they play a song? Might a bowed guitar be involved?

We’re sworn to secrecy on the nature of the appearance. But they are musicians, so … let the speculation begin!

Thrones showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss are longtime fans of Sigur Rós and would often listen to their music while shooting in Iceland (one of several countries used in the production of the show).

GET MORE EW: Subscribe to the magazine for only 33¢ an issue!

In past seasons, Thrones has tapped The National and The Hold Steady to perform songs inspired by lyrics in George R.R. Martin’s Song of Ice and Fire saga (“The Rains of Castamere” and “The Bear and Maiden Fair,” respectively). Both tracks were also used on Thrones soundtracks. The show has also enlisted members of Snow Patrol and Coldplay for guest appearances.

Sigur Rós also had a guest spot on The Simpsons last season and are on the verge of starting a U.S. tour. Thrones returns to HBO next spring.

10-09-2013
V.I.P.

Dunno them but any news is great news.

I thought this vid was interesting too. released a few weeks ago.

27-09-2013
V.I.P.

I was afraid to watch the show at first because the names of the houses and people scared me now that I finally watched the first two seasons, this show is actually pretty good.

Sansa is a pretty interesting character. I really disliked her at the beginning since she acted like a spoiled brat, but her character later evolves a lot n I love it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
game, thrones