How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-03-2014
backstage pass

^^^ Jeez... She's so lacking in creativity. Never liked her. I suppose her name is enough to get her by with these mainstream publications. I get it's Vanity Fair, and they're very conservative, but my god, this woman does the same compositions time and time again... At least do a professional job with the photoshopping... the lead spread with the poorly executed cut-and-paste dragons is a total joke.

If I were given the chance to shoot this, I'd put my all into it-- or at the very least, shoot the actors in their best light if nothing else. And, do a much much more superior job with the photoshopping. Magazines are so lazy these days it's insulting.

02-04-2014
fashion elite

Last Thursday I was able to go to an early screening of the first episode of Season 4, it was fantastic, I was even able to take a picture on the Iron Throne.

Here is a general review, not really spoilers but what to expect from characters, no real story plots.

I think everyone is going to love Oberyn Martell, his introduction is just awesome and his words will make you root for him. Arya has the last scene in the episode with the Hound, it's amazing, she's totally bad ***. Daenerys is just there for right now, you get to see her dragons getting snappy with her. Olenna Tyrell is just so awesome and witty. Also Jamie cleans up good. The opening scene with Charles Dance as Tywin Lannister just gives you chills. I can't wait for everyone to see it next Sunday and I can't wait to see it again.

02-04-2014
V.I.P.

^Exciting that you got to see a screening of the first episode of season 4. I'm glad to hear you thought it was "fantastic". Can't wait to see it for myself!

02-04-2014
V.I.P.

^ that's so exciting, CommanderTMugler! I love you got to sit on the Iron Throne, even a little jealous of that.

Its great to hear that from the show. Sunday can't come soon enough! This season is going to be fantastic.

06-04-2014
V.I.P.

imo it was a decent kickstart to the new season. I'm intrigued by Oberyn, looking forward to more of him. Also to see what happens with Jaime, I felt kinda bad for him...
The new guy in Khaleesi's army (cant remember his name), did they change actors? is he the same character from last season, wasnt he blonde?
Arya is the baddest of them all and Maisie plays her so well

06-04-2014
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokobombon View Post
imo it was a decent kickstart to the new season. I'm intrigued by Oberyn, looking forward to more of him. Also to see what happens with Jaime, I felt kinda bad for him...
The new guy in Khaleesi's army (cant remember his name), did they change actors? is he the same character from last season, wasnt he blonde?
Arya is the baddest of them all and Maisie plays her so well
Yes they changed the actor.

Next week's episode is going to be awesome!!

07-04-2014
V.I.P.

^ Next weeks episode! I'm so excited.

Yup, Daario got recast, Shiru and I discussed it on the previous page after the character posters. The previous actor Ed Skrein is going to take over Jason Statham in the Transporter films.

I loved the ending with Arya and the beginning with the sword. I like Jamie's short hair, I do feel bad for him, now his family sees him as a lesser man.

Last edited by heelscatchfire; 07-04-2014 at 02:42 PM.
07-04-2014
V.I.P.

I felt so sad with the sword scene at the beginning
I missed the actor change discussion cause Ive been avoiding this thread in case of spoilers

13-04-2014
tfs star

OMG, I'm speechless, now I understand why they called it the purple wedding!

14-04-2014
V.I.P.

i've to say that i have mixed feelings for this latest episode. overall it was a good one, though not as great as the premiere. the tension was very much palpable (this being the 'purple' wedding and all) but it felt more of an erratic jump from one POV to the next, and unfortunately Stannis' and Bran's storylines are almost becoming fillers. i can't wait for those two to catch up to the action. however i do love how those sexy Boltons and Martells are now sharing the spotlight with the usual King's Landing cast. Iwan Rheon is just so damn hot as Ramsey i'm having a hard time not rooting for him, inspite of that gruesome first scene

and on to the ultimate vengeance, the Purple Wedding. Westeros seems in dire need of a wedding planner, and they better not be from some second-rate house like the Freys or the Tyrells since the groom always ends up dying tsk! eversince the Starks' demise i've anticipated this next wedding like no other, but the problem is, now that we are bereft of a king, who else is there to hate? poor Cersei, but o woe is Tyrion.

fashion insider

Raggedy Prick... Goodnight.

But in all seriousness, I wish Jack Gleeson the best of luck.

Last edited by BaBorrow; 14-04-2014 at 08:31 AM.
14-04-2014
V.I.P.

i've read the books so i had been waiting for this.
Great episode!

14-04-2014
V.I.P.

That opening scene was terrifying. But who's the chick - I don't remember reading that Ramsay had a hunting partner.

14-04-2014
V.I.P.

I expected this but I still can't believe they really just killed off the most interesting character of the series.

14-04-2014
V.I.P.

I havent read the books so I was so not expecting this... I always thought that his death will be like the culmination of the saga. I loved to hate him
Gotta love GoT, this was only the second episode!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
game, thrones