Game of Thrones - Page 5 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
08-06-2016
V.I.P.

Lady Mormont looks like she could be Ollie's sister.

09-06-2016
浪人

If she ran for president I'd take her over any of the candidates we have right now on both sides.

14-06-2016
front row

All i can say after watching episode 8 is... SHAME SHAME SHAME..... ding ding ding.

Its clear the writers have no idea what they are doing especially since George has no input in the show anymore.

15-06-2016
fashion icon

Episodes 6 and 8 were so anticlimactic, I expected more action.

15-06-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj36 View Post
All i can say after watching episode 8 is... SHAME SHAME SHAME..... ding ding ding.

Its clear the writers have no idea what they are doing especially since George has no input in the show anymore.
LOL I was hearing septa Unella as I read that.

I agree, it "feels" like GRR's touch is missing. The whole Blackfish storyline went in the same direction that Dorne went - down the drain. like what was the point of having these characters on the show?! the books gave them much more material to add value and substance to the overall story. in the show they're just 'hey here's a character from the book. and then he's dead'

Last edited by Littleathquakes; 15-06-2016 at 05:48 AM.

19-06-2016
V.I.P.

Loved this episode. I feel like yes something is missing but finally Sansa got a great moment and I wish Jon listened to her about Ramsey

fashion icon

Yes!! Finally!! Queen Stark! She played her game and pulled her ace up her sleeve!! No magic, no gimmicks, just her and her rage, experience and wits.

I kind of love that this was in a way set up as a game of chess, with Sansa coming through as the Queen that Lord Bolton didn't see coming. She gave him a proper death though I kind of wish Ghost would have done it.... but still.... she gave Ramsey his own taste... Lady Bolton then and there....

20-06-2016
fashion elite

How things could've been avoided...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1rmprF6e0RA

V.I.P.

This episode was difficult for me to watch, I don't really like battles. So many bodies, dirt, blood, even horses got wounded it's moments like this when I wonder why do I even bother watching this show.
But I'm happy for Sansa, she totally saved the day. And finally Ramsay is gone, I couldn't stand him (although that for him only means he's a great actor).

浪人

I wonder if Yara and Daenerys will have a relationship.... They really seemed to be into each other....

21-06-2016
V.I.P.

That reminds me, where was Ghost? Just sitting back at castle black with Mel? I wonder what Jon will do with her?

21-06-2016
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by castorpollux View Post
I wonder if Yara and Daenerys will have a relationship.... They really seemed to be into each other....
Powerful women are attracted to other powerful women, from the way I saw it.

fashion insider

And I thought Season 5 was awful (except for Hardhome…) LOOOL

This season felt like it was wrangled together by 14yo boys weened on George Lucas’ Prequels. The characters have all been severely dumbed down to caricatures from their interesting first few seasons selves. The storytelling is so illogical, senseless and characters behave in such irrational motives just to get from the desired plot point to plot point, and for that general audience fist pump moments.

Last episode had the Terminator waif and undying Arya doing level 9 of Assasine’s Creed. This episode has Return of the King’s last alliance battle at the gates of Mordor meets 300 body-piling at the Hot Gates LOL And Sansa not even letting Jon in that she might have 10,000 Knights of the Vale at her side is beyond unforgivable: Let’s just let 1,000s die in the name of Sansa-empowerment… WTF

Storytelling nonsense aside, the production-value, cinematography is really strong: The battle, the dragons are all Peter Jackson LOTR-spectacleworthy. That’s all this show has going for it. The dialogue, the direction and all things that are needed for supreme storytelling is all but missing.

21-06-2016
V.I.P.

I thought about the Sansa thing too - but then remember, we're talking about Littlefinger here. I don't think anyone knows what he's up to until he shows up. For all we know, she might not have known whether he would come or not. I thought the way they did that was pretty effective. I was hoping they'd pull a hail mary like that but the producers and director let it go long just enough to let you lose hope.

the way the Bolton army turned into a classic case of Roman organized military might vs sporadic warring tribes (in case anyone else watches those types of documentaries) was pure cinematic brilliance.

I do wish that Drogon can sneak up without announcing his presence. I think the masters might been more taken aback had a big shadow just flew over them instead of hearing the screech of the dragon first. Also when Dany climbs on his wings you can tell it was a set of steps in the green room, instead of a true ramp, which is what his wing would've served as for her to get on his back.

21-06-2016
浪人

I figured she was using Jon's smaller forces to draw out Ramsay's relatively larger army.... If he would have seen the Knights of the Vale, then he probably would've stayed within the walls of Winterfell....

I don't think Sansa owes anything to Littlefinger; if anything, he owed her for marrying her off to Ramsay in the first place.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
game, thrones