How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-03-2010
V.I.P.

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo
I saw this last night and I'm so glad I did, it was amazing! I really hope the rest of the series makes it to America, but after seeing this version--a remake seems ridiculous, Noomi Rapace would be hard to replace. If people were able to sit through the sub-titles in Inglorious Basterds, I see no reason why they can't sit through this, which kept my attention from start to finish.

What do you think? Remake or not...

22-03-2010
trendsetter

^^ I was thinking who would play Lisbeth. But I am at a lost for names. None of the actresses in their 20's today have a toughness to them.

Ellen page would be good but way too young. Anyone but Natalie Portman. I would love to see an unknown.

Last edited by Working Girl; 22-03-2010 at 07:54 AM.
22-03-2010
fashion elite

i watched the movie and it was really good - i also read the book 'girl with the dragon tattoo' and the second part 'the girl who played with fire' - both were amazing - can't wait to read part 3 and see the second movie!

V.I.P.

^I haven't read the books, but I really should. Now, I'm curious...

22-03-2010
fashion elite

^you should - they are real pageturners!

V.I.P.

is this the movie that is based on a Swedish book? is it the Swedish movie??

fashion elite

^yes loonaka - the books are written by the swedish writer and journalist Stieg Larsson and the movies are also swedish productions!

V.I.P.

Apparently Kristen Stewart and Carey Mulligan are going for this role.

And it pisses me off. Hollywood needs to butt out and just accept that a European country with a European actress named Noomi Rapace actually made a damn good movie. Subtitles won't kill anybody.

09-04-2010
backstage pass

I love it And the following movies are really good too, especially "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest."

front row

I'm pissed off they're remaking this. In Sweden this movie is super popular and I think it's a good movie, regardless of what language the actors are speaking - does it kill people to read subtitles?! It's sad if this is the future for so called 'foreign language' films, to be remade by Hollywood 2 years later simply because people are desperate to make a profit. It's not a foreign language film for people in Scandinavia and it doesn't need to be remade. If you get what I mean. Desperately hope Kristen Stewart doesn't get the role, she'll massacre it with all the lip biting and the running her hands through her hair thing she does.

10-04-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fika View Post
I'm pissed off they're remaking this. In Sweden this movie is super popular and I think it's a good movie, regardless of what language the actors are speaking - does it kill people to read subtitles?! It's sad if this is the future for so called 'foreign language' films, to be remade by Hollywood 2 years later simply because people are desperate to make a profit. It's not a foreign language film for people in Scandinavia and it doesn't need to be remade. If you get what I mean. Desperately hope Kristen Stewart doesn't get the role, she'll massacre it with all the lip biting and the running her hands through her hair thing she does.
I agree, David Fincher needs to back away from this, it's so insulting to everyone involved in the Swedish production. I mean how far will they go? Using British accents in Sweden would be stupid and changing the locations to somewhere in America would be bizarre. I also fail to see how the nazi storyline will figure in--it won't as be as authentic.

11-04-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
Apparently Kristen Stewart and Carey Mulligan are going for this role.

And it pisses me off. Hollywood needs to butt out and just accept that a European country with a European actress named Noomi Rapace actually made a damn good movie. Subtitles won't kill anybody.
I agree! Kristen Stewart would ruin the movie. And WHY even do a remake? Like you say, subtitles isn't that hard. I don't think anyone can do this as good as Noomi Rapace. She IS Lisbeth. That's just the way it is.

Distroying the cute swedish language and the amazing actors.. Please don't

fashion elite

the Girl for the US-Hollywood version of the Trilogy has been officially anounced (no famous Carey Mulligan, Kristen Stewart, etc.):
Quote:
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' is Rooney Mara, Sony announced Monday in a press release. Rooney, a virtual unknown, will play Lisbeth Salander in the three-movie franchise of Stieg Larsson's trilogy of novels. David Fincher is directing the film, due to start shooting in Sweden next month and due out in December 2011.

huffingtonpost.com

don't understand why they want to make a Hollywood version! I liked the Swedish version very much! Guess they are thinking about making big bucks worldwide with the right and bigger promotion than the Swedish ones had! well, that's Hollywood

V.I.P.

I haven´t seen the movies yet so I´m can only say what friends who saw it told me, that a remake won´t be such a bad idea cause the swedish movies are no big deal, they left a lot from the books out, budget wise they´re not as big as HW movies are...

Anyway, anyone read the books? I read all three in a 1 1/2 weeks lol
At first it was hard for me to get into the first book, the pace was kinda slow but at some point it cliked for me and then I couldn´t stop reading

One thing I hate is that they´ve changed the first book title in the english version (I think the third one as well). The original is so much better imo and it´s about the "message" of the saga...

16-08-2010
front row

Thank god it's not Kristen Stewart or Carey Mulligan. Still fail to see the point of this though, and it bothers me that they're shooting in Sweden. The movie has already been made, leave it alone

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dragon, girl, tattoo