How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

23-04-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
Just finished watching the 2nd episode. I practically hate all of them. They're all rather pathetic. Hannah seems to do a lot of waiting and doesn't know how to make things happen. Shoshanna is a stereoypical nerd. Jessa annoys me with her "indifferent" hipster coolness.
Marnie is very likeable though. She's ambitious, direct and strikes me as the only one who knows what she's doing or how to do things. And she's prettiest.

Also, the setting comes off as kinda fake. Is this an accurate portrayal of student life/early working life in New York? It doesn't seem to be.

I agree with EVERYTHING! I'll keep watching for now only for Marnie, she's the prettiest and less annoying of all of them.

23-04-2012
Looking Up

But at the same time these negative qualities are a good starting point because they make for good character development.

24-04-2012
fashion elite

The second episode was worst than the first.

Jessa is the only character on the show I can stomach, and of course she's portrayed as the one with all the issues. Shosanna isn't well written. Hannah says horrible things at horrible times and is baffled when people are horrified. And Marnie drives me up the wall. She bitches about her wonderful boyfriend. She's furious when Jessa doesn't show up to her own appointment. She's not concerned for Jessa's well being or her mental state. Oh no, Marnie's upset cause she's waiting around for Jessa.

I definitely won't be watching next week.

I was really looking forward to Girls. I'm a young woman living in New York, so Girls was suppose to appeal mostly to me. I read all the reviews that stated that Girls is so "real" and "funny". However the show is the complete opposite of those characteristics for me.

24-04-2012
tfs star

ugh the file to watch it has been removed

24-04-2012
Looking Up

^ Try this:

http://www.putlocker.com/file/FF77A741CAFA4B03

30-04-2012
V.I.P.

Does anyone have a link for episode 3? Preeeeeetty please! lol

Looking Up

^ Try http://www.allmyvideos.net/2wjutlpmhxkm

03-05-2012
V.I.P.

Looooved last Sunday's episode.
I felt so bad for Hannah. "Your dad is gay". lol. Ugh, if I was her, I SO would've thrown the wine at his face.
Oh, and kudos to the show ending on a high note with Robyn's "Dancing On My Own".

V.I.P.

Just watched all 6 episodes, and I love this show. I guess because I can relate to Hannah being the student who moved away to go to school in NY and is being supported by my mom (im still in school but I have a job) and not knowing if you can function without them. I relate in some way with all of them even though I am a guy. Its a pretty realistic show in my eyes, especially last episode when she went back home and not realizing that people live vicariously through you because you moved away to such a big city and are trying to live your "dream" life.

24-05-2012
fashion insider

Yeah, I'm a fan..anything featuring awkward sex-scenes with unsexy people, I'll gladly support.

So w/ the new True Blood airing at 9pm, then Veep airing at 10, followed by Girls at 10:30, I think I have my Sunday nights this summer already mapped out.

"You couldn't pay me enough to be 24 again." Truer words were never spoken

28-05-2012
V.I.P.

Does anyone have a link for episode 7? I'm getting so impatient with all the gifs and quotes on Tumblr about the last episode LOL

trendsetter

you can get links of all the episodes at Seriesyonkis.com.

http://www.seriesyonkis.com/serie/girls

27-06-2012
V.I.P.

i just watched all the 10 episodes, and i can tell i really like this show. it's kinda realistic, but not like super-realistic of course. i like the idea of making a show on this early 20 generation and their problems, most shows are about teenagers (like Gossip Girl, Skins) or about adults like Sex and the City.
so i really like the problems, the questions of life, their adventures portrayed, but i'm not really satisfied with the characters. i mean, they are interesting, but Hannah is just annoying and let's say out loud, a loser. Shoshanna is just unreal, i can't believe such nonsense, idiot persons like her are even exist. i kinda like Jessa and Adam, he's just such a weirdo in a good way.
i'll definitely keep on watching. does somebody know when season 2 will start?

28-06-2012
V.I.P.

January 2013
Posted via Mobile Device

28-06-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coco vaughn View Post
i just watched all the 10 episodes, and i can tell i really like this show. it's kinda realistic, but not like super-realistic of course. i like the idea of making a show on this early 20 generation and their problems, most shows are about teenagers (like Gossip Girl, Skins) or about adults like Sex and the City.
so i really like the problems, the questions of life, their adventures portrayed, but i'm not really satisfied with the characters. i mean, they are interesting, but Hannah is just annoying and let's say out loud, a loser. Shoshanna is just unreal, i can't believe such nonsense, idiot persons like her are even exist. i kinda like Jessa and Adam, he's just such a weirdo in a good way.
i'll definitely keep on watching. does somebody know when season 2 will start?
I agree with everything you said especially because I'm 23 and I can totally relate to their issues but I don't necessarily believe that those characters are real they seem a bit too stereotypical and not multi dimensional

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
girls, hbo