How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Cafť / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

18-03-2013
fashion insider

I have such mixed feeling about this show, on the one had I think its a VERY accurate portrayal of not only the people in my age group and city but people in general. I always see her as the tortured artist almost like Anais Nin, a slave to her hyper sexuality.

The stress and anxiety you experience when you have to put you work out there to be judged and ridiculed is almost unbearable. It was brilliant to show Hannah's debilitating health due to her ebook deal.

I was soo shocked to see the Adam's jizz, I did not need to see that.

20-03-2013
rising star

I absolutely loved the ending in the last episode. Lena Dunham is romantic. Who knew that?

06-04-2013
backstage pass

I'm actually really glad that the Charlie character is out. For some reason, he irked me to no end and the whole ending with him and Marnie in the finale was just so...expected? Not in a good way.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squizree View Post
Just finished watching the 2nd episode. I practically hate all of them. They're all rather pathetic. Hannah seems to do a lot of waiting and doesn't know how to make things happen. Shoshanna is a stereoypical nerd. Jessa annoys me with her "indifferent" hipster coolness.
Marnie is very likeable though. She's ambitious, direct and strikes me as the only one who knows what she's doing or how to do things. And she's prettiest.

Also, the setting comes off as kinda fake. Is this an accurate portrayal of student life/early working life in New York? It doesn't seem to be.
I think you might be annoyed with all this, cause the series is pretty much different to what we see on Tv nowadays, they look regular, normal clothes, normal make up, and as you said , Marnie, yeah she wears make up and she is the most glamorous of them all.

I believe the show would be boring if they all were like Marnie, every character there, is an individual and it is fun to watch sth different , than all that glossy series we can watch every day.

05-05-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc_art_style View Post
The second episode was worst than the first.

Jessa is the only character on the show I can stomach, and of course she's portrayed as the one with all the issues. Shosanna isn't well written. Hannah says horrible things at horrible times and is baffled when people are horrified. And Marnie drives me up the wall. She bitches about her wonderful boyfriend. She's furious when Jessa doesn't show up to her own appointment. She's not concerned for Jessa's well being or her mental state. Oh no, Marnie's upset cause she's waiting around for Jessa.

I was really looking forward to Girls. I'm a young woman living in New York, so Girls was suppose to appeal mostly to me. I read all the reviews that stated that Girls is so "real" and "funny". However the show is the complete opposite of those characteristics for me.
I find the series quite representing the student and post-student life and I like it.
Btw, Shosanna fits exactly to be in the movie 50 shades of grey , she is so clueless and innocent

05-05-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenius View Post

"You couldn't pay me enough to be 24 again." Truer words were never spoken
haha i love the quote from the series:d but I think being 24, or 20 something is great age

05-05-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
hmmmm not sure about that, i find it very refreshing & realistic, heck Sex in the city was unrealistic, not many girls have those fab clothes, live in those nice flats or have jobs like, were as girls they are scrambling to find rent money, there clothes arent anything grand, and they act like some girls i know, but then my thats opinion
I thikn ppl might dislike the show cause it is totally opposite to what TV offers nowadays, dont get me wrong here, I love 90210 , for example, but how is it realistic? who gets so much money, writes the books, is an author x, gets such crazy career and all the drama that has been there since the day no1.

And, yeah Sex in the city, hell how unrealistic it was, especially Carrie, her writing one article once amonth and getting paid so much so that she could buy everything , I have always found it funny.

05-05-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by cold_sun View Post
would anyone have a link where one can watch it online (outside us) ?
i can inbox you but you set your user profile as private.

05-05-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by heelscatchfire View Post
I just started watching this show and I already think this. I cannot stand Hannah, to me she is super selfish and a spoiled brat. Your 24 and you rely on your parents...wow that's how you take responsibility in your life. She also needs to get out of that awful relationship. I have not finished season 1, I'm on episode 7 so maybe all this starts getting better.

like you ,ive just started watching it, im on ep5.
when it comes to Hannah getting money, there are a lot of ppl who get money from their parents, and I dont know if you, I mean people, have noticed that she is really troubled, like she was on an internship for what like a year? i cant remeber, but the point is - she was not paid, who agrees to such a thing? so it shows she is kinda troubled,
But I like her, she can be sweet at moments.

05-05-2013
tfs star

^ I'm pretty sure a lot of people would agree to unpaid internship, I mean she was promised she would be hired. If nothing else, you have more experiences, more knowledge and maybe you can do some networking and get another job.

Anyways, I just started watching and it's quite cool, more realistic than some other tv shows. I just don't get why everyone says Marnie is selfish and only thinks about herself? She's not perfect but neither are other characters. It's like the blind leading the blind.

backstage pass

WHEN does the next season come out? i like the series a lot. I also loved the last episode. I think Marnie has grown up and become wiser.

09-06-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvviaa View Post
WHEN does the next season come out? i like the series a lot. I also loved the last episode. I think Marnie has grown up and become wiser.
I think a premiere date for the third season has yet to be decided, but I would say it will probably air around next spring.

backstage pass

^^ ohhh, next spring

28-01-2014
fashion insider

has anyone been watching the new season? :-)

28-01-2014
tfs star

^I have.
Nothing really shocking so far, but it's still fun

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
girls, hbo