How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

17-04-2011
V.I.P.

Me either. At all.

I wish I could sing that 'badly'.

17-04-2011
fashion elite

im judging her voice outside of glee where it isn't autotuned, like her performance on snl, the oscars, and the cma's

V.I.P.

She sounded perfectly fine on the Grammy's to me.

17-04-2011
V.I.P.

she did fine both at the CMAs and Grammy's in my books, but Oscar performance was full of flaws. either way, she def has "an ear" and an okay voice (nothing near Adele or anyone who's doing it professionally) for an actress who's a guest on a show that aims at entertaining and not setting groundbreaking performances that will blow minds of next 10 generations. it's fun and while it's fun it's working.
i don't get the talk emphizising on the autotune subject tho - even Lea Michele's songs get it and Glee's basically autotune fest if anything, Cory is probably thanking his lucky stars for its existance.

V.I.P.

Some chick on Twitter spoiled who wins Prom King and Queen. She's ''spoiled'' other things before but producer called her out and caught her this time -

This was her reply that's been deleted -

''I don't want to be an extra anymore that's why I said what I said. Haters need to back off, you're not cool or funny. Get a life.''

Click on the link if you want to know who it is - http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/58439771.html

I can't believe she threw out the Get a life card
Poor Quinn

18-04-2011
trendsetter

For me, Gwyneth being in Glee has made it rather difficult for me to watch. I just can't bear the woman, not since she did Emma. It's a totally personal but she does just irritate the hell out of me! I'm still watching in on UK schedule but I have to say Blame it on the Alcohol epi was great and Darren Criss is really growing on me.

18-04-2011
V.I.P.

I can't stand Penelope Cruz but that didn't stop me from watching Nine for Nicole etc (God I wish I hadn't it was so bad). Her singing was atrocious and she got Oscars nominated for it which was just bizarre (and I'm not the only one who thinks that).

Everyone has different taste but Gwyneth's been in like 2 eps not 10. It's advertised when she's going to be on so you don't have to watch it.

She rocked the CMAs, SNL and especially the Grammys. On second watching of the Oscar performance it wasn't as good as those ones but at the end of the day singing at the Oscars takes guts. Renee Zellweger refused to and Amy Adams lip-synced. She's pretty much stopped singing now besides one more Glee ep. She's not releasing an album either as reported so you all don't need to worry about that.

18-04-2011
trendsetter

I didn't say I don't watch it, I just said it made it difficult for me to watch it. The pros of Glee by far out weigh that certain con for me. They've been turning out some really fantastic epis recently.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 18-04-2011 at 03:08 PM.
18-04-2011
V.I.P.

i don't mind her singing easy songs (i actually really like her version of "Forget you"). it's ust that they have some great singers on the show and they give her an Adele song? i mean you need some vocal range and power for that - at least imo. some of the cast even mentioned how they want to sing an Adele song and then they waste (sorry Gwyneth fans) it on her?!
but i kinda liked her in her last ep. i simply don't think she's talented or has a nice singing voice.

18-04-2011
PrettySmileyStew ♥

why would they do that to Adele's song?
give it to Mercedes or Lea, hell i would rather hear Diana sing it, but Gwyneth ? seriously ?

19-04-2011
fashion elite

I'm just not a fan of hers, I'm sure we all have celebs that we don't like. Her casting was pretty random to begin with, they cast broadway stars like kristin, idina, even neil patrick harris who all have music backrounds and then they pick gwyneth?
Posted via Mobile Device

19-04-2011
V.I.P.

Whoops I should be more careful what I say -

Penelope Cruz has revealed she is a huge fan of Glee and would like to cameo on the show.

The Pirates of the Caribbean star's husband Javier Bardem, is also a big fan of the show and has been in talks with creator Ryan Murphy about appearing on the show, and now Penelope has told Entertainment Weekly she'd like a piece of the action.

She revealed: "It's actually the only thing that I watch on television.

"Gwyneth (Paltrow, who has had her own Glee stint) was amazing. She was so funny and she has such an amazing voice. And once you've done a musical you always want to do it again."

The 36-year-old Oscar winner and trained dancer appeared in the musical Nine in 2009 and would love the chance to perform a song and dance role again either in Glee or on the big screen.

She said: "I would love to do more musicals, in TV or film. Not on Broadway, because I'm not brave enough to do that yet. But I love musicals."

--------

19-04-2011
backstage pass

My problem with Gwyn doing Adele, besides the fact that I don't think she can sing, is that if GLEE is going to do Adele, then let the actual cast of GLEE do it. To me this is "Gwyneth Paltrow's cover of Adele" not "Glee's cover of Adele".

V.I.P.

^ I do agree with you when it comes to that. Her first ep was understandable as she was trying to win over the kids with Cee-Lo and then Mr Shue trying to win them back with the Umbrella mashup. Second ep I loved Do you wanna touch me with them in the classroom but Brit and Santana should have sang Landslide by themselves.

Ryan Murphy loves with her. Didn't you guys watch his show Popular. The popular girls always referenced her. He even got her to be in his directorial debut Running With Scissors. This is why she's on Glee.

19-04-2011
PrettySmileyStew ♥

I just read one of the comments up higher on the page about judging Gwyneth on her voice outside of the cleaned up sound Glee gives you, and thats exactly what im judging her on.

I mean, i dont like her to begin with, but when she performed at the Oscars.. it was painful and i thought to myself 'why do people think shes so good? she doesnt compare to ANY of the glee cast vocally'

i still find myself wondering that..
but now knowing that Ryan loves her, i can see why shes there

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
glee