Good Fashion Documentaries - Page 10 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
27-07-2016
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aizanara View Post
There's a documentary tonight on Arte for French speakers called Scandales de la mode. Produced and filmed by the fantastic Loïc Prigent.
Naomi Campbell, John Galliano, Tom Ford and Marc Jacobs and more are talked about. I'm so looking forward to it
To be fair, it wasn't really a great documentary. It was boring actually...

29-08-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
British Vogue Documentary to Air on U.K.’s BBC Two in September
By Lorelei Marfil on August 24, 2016

“Absolutely Fashion: Inside British Vogue” will air on BBC Two on Sept. 8 at 9 p.m. GMT.

FASHION DOCUMENTARY: British Vogue has opened its posh doors to BBC Two, who will air the two-part “observational documentary” on Sept. 8.

Produced by Lightbox and filmed by Richard Marcer, the two 60-minute segments were done over a duration of nine months.

Macer documents the ins-and-outs of editor in chief Alexandra Shulman and her staff including fashion director Lucinda Chambers, creative director Jaime Perlman, and editor at large Fiona Golfar. The first episode features magazine shoots with Kate Moss, Edie Campbell and photographer Mario Testino and delves into preparations of the publication and special events coinciding with the centenary anniversary as well as international fashion week coverage. Events that marked the 100th anniversary included a gala, an exhibit at London’s National Portrait Gallery, a limited-edition coffee table book set for September, and a collection of special products done in conjunction with luxury brands.

“At Vogue, we are more used to being behind the lens than in front of it,” said Shulman. “The process of being filmed over such a long period of time was intriguing although at times, testing.”

This is the first time the publication has allowed access for a televised film crew. BBC Two previously aired a documentary about British society magazine Tatler — another glossy under Conde Nast Britain — in 2014 titled “Posh People: Inside Tatler.”

“Absolutely Fashion: Inside British Vogue” will air on BBC Two on Sept. 8 at 9 p.m. GMT.!
Source: http://wwd.com/media-news/fashion-me...lman-10514321/

Last edited by Benn98; 29-08-2016 at 04:18 AM.
30-08-2016
fashion elite

Stunned..just stunned..this hasn't been posted.

http://www.francathemovie.com/

31-08-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugenius View Post
Stunned..just stunned..this hasn't been posted.

http://www.francathemovie.com/
This was actually posted in the 'Business of Magazines' thread. Can't say I'm personally looking forward to it as the documentary is directed by her son. I expect there will be endless fawning over his mother and her contribution to fashion.

17-09-2016
V.I.P.

Just in case someone is interested.

Last edited by cul8tr; 17-09-2016 at 04:43 AM.

17-09-2016
V.I.P.

The First Monday in May OLNINE:

http://xmovies8.tv/movie/the-first-m.../watching.html

17-09-2016
V.I.P.

^Deleted due to copyright issues.

tfs star

First Monday in May is on Netflix.

fashion icon

Loic Prigent did another documentary for Arte called "Qu'est ce que la Haute Couture?" (What is Haute Couture?) which is really about the spring summer 2016 couture season.
It's really an interesting view on couture. It's a 1 hour documentary that features all the major players of Couture: from Chanel to Dior, from Valli, Armani to Elie Saab and Stephane Rolland.

We sees the President of Couture from Dior & Chanel, some clients who are shopping after the Gaultier show, les petites mains...etc.

There's this quote from Armani who is saying that he regrets the fact that the Couture clientèle today is less inspiring because it's mostly Nouveaux Riches, there's this very touching moment with karl and his new Premiere d'ateliers who is crying while presenting her parents to Karl.

It's not the most groundbreaking documentary but it's still informative. It will be available on Arte+7 website tomorrow.

Here's a link for those who are interested. I hope it will work.
http://www.arte.tv/guide/en/065878-0...-haute-couture

PS: During Paris Fashion Week, Arte is always doing documentaries with Loic Prigent and Olivier Nicklaus usually during the first weekend following the beginning of PFW.

01-10-2016
V.I.P.

^Really liked it. But everything was in black and white, did others have that too?

V.I.P.

25 minutes documentary about street style during paris fashion week.

01-11-2016
tfs star

There is a Dries Van Noten documentary on its way!!

Quote:
AFM: Dogwoof Boards Fashion Designer Documentary ‘Dries’ (EXCLUSIVE)
Leo Barraclough
Senior International Correspondent

Dogwoof has picked up world sales rights to Reiner Holzemer’s “Dries,” a movie about cult fashion designer Dries Van Noten. The company will present the pic to buyers at AFM in a work-in-progress screening this week.

Following a deal signed with the film’s writer-director-producer Reiner Holzemer and co-producer Aminata Sambe, Dogwoof will handle all rights, excluding Germany, Austria and Switzerland, which Prokino picked up for distribution for a theatrical release next year.

“’Dries’ is a fascinating account of a fiercely independent designer whose use of vibrant color and texture has set him out as a fashion giant and innovator,” a statement explained.

“Reiner’s access to the personal and creative mind of Dries is captivating. Van Noten is one of the most private fashion designers out there and it is a privilege to represent the first film ever made about him, and to witness his creative process,” Ana Vicente, Dogwoof’s theatrical sales chief, said.

Featuring interviews with Van Noten as he designs four new collections over one year, the film looks back on his 25 year career — the highs and lows — as well as going behind the scenes in his atelier and home. The film features interviews with Van Noten and his team as well as Iris Apfel, Suzy Menkes and Pamela Golbin, chief curator of fashion and textiles at the Musée des Arts Décoratifs in Paris. Colin Greenwood provides the score.

“It took me a very long time to convince Dries to share his passions, his creative and intimate world in front of a camera,” Holzemer said. “I followed him for a whole year and I think I came as close to him and his world as it is possible. I hope the result is a very personal insight into his life and career.”

http://variety.com/2016/film/global/...ve-1201905118/

V.I.P.

^YAY! Ugh, it's gonna be forever until I see it but how exciting!

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nymphaea View Post
^Really liked it. But everything was in black and white, did others have that too?
Finally got around to watching it, it was a wasted oportunity to do it in b&w. Part of couture's magic comes from the colours.

The doc was ok, if not a bit bland. Once again, the fault seemed with the interviewer and his vapid questions. And what was with the halos? So random, only Donatella's one made sense. There was very little about Viktor & Rolf, which was a bit unfair. Loved Dior's lady, she had that French bluntness which is sometimes quite comical.

I got the feeling the interviewer tried to make fun of Karl near the end, but got outwitted, lol. And of course Armani would say something offensive, but I'm more surprised considering those very 'noveau riches' are the ones keeping his bread buttered.

Anna Cleveland really bowled me over with her runway closing for Elie Saab. It was almost too beautiful.

01-02-2017
V.I.P.

A new Dior doc is coming to British TV next week

Quote:
Remember Dior and I? The 2015 documentary about Raf’s first collection for Dior ft. that now-iconic scene of the designer crying over a Diet Coke moments before the show :'( Well, that film is now getting a sequel, kind of.

On February 9th (the first day of New York Fashion Week, FYI), British TV channel More 4 will be airing a new two-part series called Inside Dior. The first episode will follow the house as it gears up for its 70th birthday, while the second will capture the lead-up to the inaugural show of its new creative director, Maria Grazia Chiuri.

According to the channel, the series “provides a talking point for discussions about fashion and female identity and how that has changed since Dior launched in the 1940s.” Chiuri’s first collection certainly sparked discussion around these issues, with show notes referencing the first-ever female creative director’s “boldly feminine outlook” and t-shirts bearing the slogan “We Should All Be Feminists”.

However the house’s synonymity with femininity long precedes Chiuri’s rein – as International Vogue editor, Suzy Menkes, says: “I think that Christian Dior stood so much for a kind of femininity that just doesn’t exist anymore. I don't think we need a gentle world now; the world is tough out there…”

Catch the first installment of Inside Dior at Thursday, 9 February at 9pm on More 4.
dazeddigital

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
documentaries, fashion, good