I've only caught a few of the Behind the Scenes documentaries by Loïc Prigent (who did Marc Jacobs/Louis Vuitton and the Signe Chanel series) but I'm loving them so far. Five or six are on Sundance Channel OnDemand at the moment.
I made a pretty definitive list of fashion docs to hit and miss. I hope I didn't forget any worth mentioning… I think a really good one people often don't hear about is Catwalk, that follows Christy Turlington around fashion week.
See Like Me
Viktor & Rolf: Because We Are Worth It is online here: http://www.indiemoviesonline.com/wat...-were-worth-it
Cheers! I hope you guys love the movie! I am about to start it now.
I wish I could watch Viktor & Rolf: Because We Are Worth It, it's not available for my country ...
Picture Me is a great documentary and it has definately changed my views on the industry...
My favourite one was The September Issue (2007, US).
It's when Grace Coddington became my favourite ever.
It also shows a lot about Anna Wintour, there's a great deal about her
and Grace working together, and how they're making the september issue of Vogue.
the documentary also includes photographers like Mario Testino and David Sims!
I love love looove ittt <3
I've been watching this series on Premier model agency, it's pretty interesting to see how they function and there's a few top girls that appear like julia nobis, bambi northwood blyth, sebatian suave, ...
my favorite is "Les filles en vogue"
The Day Before - Le jour d'avant
(in French, average quality)
Jean Paul Gaultier
i'm sorry, i was trying to post a list before but my cell it completely a piece of garbage so here's are a complete list of some i know about & yea, i know some have been mentioned before
Here's a list of the ones i've seen:
1) the september issue
2) the red carpet issue
3) Valentino: the last emperor
4) Lagerfeld confidential
5) Monsieur Hubert de Givenchy
6) Kate! the making of an icon
7) somebody told me about Carla Bruni
8) girl on the run
9) the secret world of haute couture
10) the colour of beauty (white girl dipped in chocolate)
11) the powder and the glory
12) Annie Leibovitz: life through a lense
13) eye candy: the crazy world David LaChapelle
14) picture me
15) the day before (there were some recent ones with Alexander Wang, Thakoon, Versace etc)
16) love/lust - it's a tv series currently showing on the sundance channel that occasionally discuss fashion (little black dress/ bikini / shoes / makeup etc)
Here's a few i haven't seen yet but have been recommended & i've heard great things about:
1) Signe Chanel
2) Marc Jacobs & Louis Vuitton
3) Ralph Rucci: a designer and his house
4) Viktor & Rolf: because we're worth it
5) Christian Dior: the man behind the myth
6) Yves Saint Laurent his life & times / 5 avenue marceau 75116 paris
7) Chanel Chanel
11) notebook on cities and clothes
12) fashion victim: the killing of Gianni Versace
13) New Yorkers, Bill Cunningham
14) God save my shoes
16) l'amour fou
17) 11 minutes
18) jack taylor of beverly hills
19) just for kicks
20) tribal: beyond the four
21) vidal sasson
22) Yves Saint Laurent
23) growing up chic: the children of fashion moguls
24) america the beautiful
25) the tents
26) scratch the surface
27) haute couture: a fashion documentary
28) brian duffy: the man who shot the 60s
29) Helmut Newton: portrait of a fashion icon
30) this model life
31) invisible beauty
32) killing us softly
33) cover girl culture: awakening the media generation
34) pret a porter
p.s. i know a few of them don't cover fashion exclusively but they're stil worth a look imo. i mean the first list, you're completely on you're own the second one cuz those were recommended to me & i'm not even completely (maybe about 80%) sure some are documentaries
Posted via Mobile Device
Last edited by modelista; 02-12-2011 at 05:39 PM.
|documentaries, fashion, good|