How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-11-2010
V.I.P.

And E! Online has either good or bad news, depending on how you feel about racoons....

Taylor Momsen has been largely MIA this season on Gossip Girl. So when the Deadline story broke that she's being "sidelined," it only made sense. After all, how long can the CW support this girl's massive eyeliner addiction? And of course, there are those ever-growing rumors of diva-ish behavior. (We even heard it from Tim Gunn!)
So this may surprise you, but according to multiple sources connected to the series:
Taylor "isn't going anywhere" and the behavior issues are "nothing new."
Like the other original Gossip castmembers, Taylor is contracted through season seven, and I'm told she'll remain a part of the series moving forward. We just won't see her in every episode.
Insiders say Taylor'sabsence (she's only appeared in three episodes so far this season) has been largely a creative decision—one that both the Gossip Girl higher-ups and Taylor seem satisfied with. "Jenny isn't in college like everyone else, so it's hard to weave her into the central storylines," says one source. "We don't want to just bring her in to hang out at the breakfast table with Lily and Rufus and say a line or two—we want a reason to have her there."
And I'm told Taylor is happy to have the time off to work on her music career—instead of hanging around all day on set for that line or two.
As for the diva rumors, sources tell me Taylor's behavior is nothing new—she's been, um, standing up for what she believes is right since season one. And yet it doesn't appear to have affected her relationships with fellow castmembers or the show's higher-ups. "Everyone likes her," says one source. "Her absence really is driven by the story. Anything else is speculative."
So far no comment from reps for Gossip Girl or Momsen.

23-11-2010
V.I.P.

Truth? This is not good for the show...I don't care what Taylor does on her own time, but Little J adds a real sense of drama to the show. And the episodes with her are always better - unless they make Serena a power bitch again, then not good news....

23-11-2010
trendsetter

I definitely agree that Taylor brings something to the show. I'll be the first to admit that I was sooo looking forward to her not being on the show but I've come to realise I miss Little J, she always makes the episodes interesting.

They can make Serena the power bitch all they want, but she's still going to be annoying with her out there cleavage and monotone voice.

Is it true that Dan and Blair are definitelyhooking up?

Last edited by ladygodiva; 23-11-2010 at 07:16 PM.

23-11-2010
V.I.P.

^ I would hope not...I would lose all faith in womankind...

23-11-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
^ I would hope not...I would lose all faith in womankind...
Spoiler : http://community.livejournal.com/ohn.../53652204.html

23-11-2010
V.I.P.

I'm sick....

23-11-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
I'm sick....
*passes bucket, tissue and a bottle of water*

23-11-2010
trendsetter

I'm happy that the spoiler is finally happening. I've been rooting for that pair to get together since season 1.

Now, if the writers ever write a storyline where Chuck humbles himself...and owns his **** instead of blaming it on everybody but himself...I'll be happy. (However, I'm quite realistic that that won't happen given how woobified he's been made since season 2. Which is too bad, because I do believe Ed Westwick could act the **** out of a Chuck-redemption arc storyline. Too bad the writers only see fit to make him the Ultimate Bad Boy Manipulator or, when saintified, the Flawlessly Perfect Brother and Boyfriend.)

24-11-2010
V.I.P.

Uh oh...hot off the presses from the NY Post....

“Gossip Girl” actress Taylor Momsen has been suspended from the hit show, Deadline.com reported Tuesday.
The 17-year-old’s wild girl off-screen antics have reportedly prompted an “indefinite hiatus” following next Monday's episode of the New York-based soap.
Momsen, billed as a series regular, already had her scenes cut to three episodes this fall and her character Jenny will be absent for at least four episodes beginning with the show's midseason finale on Dec. 6, according to Deadline sources.
Representatives for the CW network and producer Warner Bros. declined to comment, but sources confirmed to Deadline that the peroxide blonde was leaving for good.

24-11-2010
V.I.P.

^ It's a shame but I really couldn't care less. Her character doesn't really have anywhere to go. They should have borrowed storylines from Jenny's "It Girl" series. Bye bye Taylor.

Re Dan and Blair. I really don't know how I feel about this. I will just have to wait until we see it on screen. Those candids last week were cute.

24-11-2010
V.I.P.

like really hooking up or playing it up? i don't know how i feel about this. hate it cus the coupling is totally non GG.

24-11-2010
V.I.P.

^ Well, I'm hoping it's one of these make believe revenge/jealously things, because Blair would not be caught dead going out with poor writer/plaid shirt boy from Brooklyn!!!

24-11-2010
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygodiva View Post
Really? It sounds weird.

24-11-2010
trendsetter

I'm sorta open to the pairing but I agree with Boomer, in reality Blair wouldn't be seen dead with Lonely Boy at all. I mean this pairing is the only one left to play with, they've had everyone else hook up with each other.

One of the comments on ONTD is if people do end up liking them more than Chair, will the writers feel inclined to keep them together? Sort of like Joey and Pacey from Dawson's Creek. I dunno, I guess we'd have to see how it turns out. I definitely agree Penn and Leighton have really good chemistry so it will come across well but to be in a romantic relationship? Should be interesting to see.

24-11-2010
V.I.P.

^ Blair needs a guy like the Columbia teacher or Tripp- someone formidable and polished up who would be serious competition for Chuck.... (and then of course Chuck wins and they get back together..)

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#3, girl, gossip