How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

08-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TianSoFine View Post
I'm sure they wouldn't kill off Chuck.

(No one bring up this post if they actually do, lol.)
If they can kill off Marissa Cooper then they can kill off Chuck Bass

08-12-2011
fashion insider

^Oh...that's true. But it seems like they're probably going by the reference to The End of the Affair so I'm still putting my money on Chuck surviving.

I just have to say that I don't really care for Chair at all atm. They seem a bit petty to me. In the process of getting over themselves enough so that they can actually be together, was a flavour for domestic violence and breaking a bunch of other people's hearts really necessary?

08-12-2011
windowshopping

I know i will probably attract a lot of hate for this ... but I never really understood the hype about "domestic violence"... I did not even understand what ppl meant in the beginning and then I realized the scene they were talking about but it still seems much ado for nothing to me...

09-12-2011
tfs star

Ah yes, the old "if it only happened once it's no big deal" defence.

09-12-2011
backstage pass

^ i don't think that is what valeryblack is saying at all. more so that she perhaps she doesn't see it as a severe incident as the cut she sustained was not directly from his hand? i don't agree with this, but i just don't think we should assume she is saying its ok coz it only happened once. i personally think there are different levels of violence (domestic or not), though never acceptable. blair clearly felt threatened by chuck in that moment, and his size and strength is obviously dominant over hers. he was enraged and forceful and even the threat of violence, or acts (ie punching the glass) that still harmed her are still violence.

i hate myself a little for even being such a chuck/blair fan since that incident. maybe because its only tv..

10-12-2011
windowshopping

Franki is right, i did not mean "if it happened once it's no big deal". For me it just did not represent violence. If the thing behind blair was a wall, then no split of glass would have touched her face. Would everyone still consider it domestic violence?
For me it was just a reaction from an angry guy who thought he was a macho and punched whatever he found. And he found glass. He never even intended to touch blair. Does the whole domestic violence not imply that one partner wants to hurt the other ?

P.S. I am sure I am missing something since everyone is mad about it but even after watching it several times my opinion has not changed
Posted via Mobile Device

10-12-2011
backstage pass

^ as i said in my previous post i must disagree with you there.
he was forceful and grabbed her calling her 'his' and she was clearly terrified of him in that moment. the threat of violence/being around the violence from a loved one may not be physically endangering, but it is emotionally and psychologically.

therefore i still personally do still see that scene as one of domestic violence, even though it was a more minor incident.

i can't wait for jan 16th. the time last yr when the break was on i was in NY living my own fantasies lol. i need to kill time...

10-12-2011
trendsetter

Did anyone see the clip of Blake/Serena dressed up as Marilyn Monroe before it got pulled?

10-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Label Basher View Post
If they can kill off Marissa Cooper then they can kill off Chuck Bass
THIS IS TRUE.

But you know what, The OC had bigger characters other than Marissa, they just didnt implement a good enough story around them.

I think they'll put him in a coma for a while, because the lost memory thing is done too. Bet theyre wishing they waited to do this to him to bring that about huh?

10-12-2011
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by dauphine View Post
Did anyone see the clip of Blake/Serena dressed up as Marilyn Monroe before it got pulled?

yeah, yeah! here it is for anyone who hasn't watched it

10-12-2011
trendsetter

Normally Blake makes me want to poke my eyes out, I think she's an atrocious actor, but that actually looks really quite good. They boys look great too. I'm really just down for them making Ed Westwick dance, that's entertainment! I love Chace's little comments on the vid.

I'm sure Ed rather wishes they'd kill him off (I sure secretly they're all wishing someone would kill their character off at this point in the show) but I doubt that'll happen and amnesia would be such a cop-out.

Last edited by littlepaperstars; 10-12-2011 at 03:19 PM.

10-12-2011
V.I.P.

^ Thanks for posting I missed it before. That video was great. I always love when Blair does her Audrey/Holly dress up (it's mentioned all the time in the books) so this was cute.

10-12-2011
tfs star

That clip is awesome. Blake looks phenomenal.

11-12-2011
trendsetter

Thanks for posting MissCateCherie!

11-12-2011
rising star

^
you're all very welcome!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, girl, gossip