How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-06-2011
V.I.P.

A scene like this is when I get mad at pompous people who put Gossip Girl down as having no substance, and when they say the cast can't act...

http://youtu.be/HJ03v-_zJrI

06-06-2011
trendsetter

Well, Leighton can act, for sure.

10-06-2011
V.I.P.

I'm not a fan of Chuck at all, but Ed Westwick is a great actor. And I've always thought that Leighton is fabulous.

The cast overall though? Mediocre, with Blake Lively mumbling half of her lines.

10-06-2011
V.I.P.

^ Yes- hard to believe with all of the superstar build up she has gotten, no one has said "You have to speak more clearly!!!!"

11-06-2011
tfs star

Like NY mag has once pointed out, it seems like she's bored with her own lines.

11-06-2011
V.I.P.

Gets annoying having to watch the show on DVD and back it up all the time to try and figure out what she is saying!! Really amazing- it has been going on for years now!!

12-06-2011
V.I.P.

Umm...Ahhh...

The Emmy nominating ballots are out, and while perusing them today, Vulture noticed something interesting: Whether unwittingly or not, Chace Crawford is pulling a Rob Lowe. Like the Parks and Recreation actor, who controversially submitted himself for Lead Actor in a Comedy instead of in the Supporting category, Crawford is Gossip Girl's sole male cast member to submit for Lead Actor in a Drama. His two co-stars who might have a more legitimate claim to that distinction, Penn Badgley and Ed Westwick, declined to submit themselves at all, as did Blake Lively, leaving Leighton Meester all alone in the Best Actress category. Though Gossip Girl's Emmy chances are unlikely at best, and we've always thought of Nate as more of a supporting character, maybe Crawford deserves the accolade ... at least until the Emmys finally introduce a category for Prettiest Screen Dunderhead.

NewYorkMagazine

12-06-2011
V.I.P.

^This has me on the floor laughing! Best LEAD actor?

12-06-2011
V.I.P.

^ Right...now here's my plan: Being they are both single and have similar, umm, interests, he hooks up with Lilo (when she is not in jail and/or rehab) and they can do the red carpet together (he looking like he is coming off of a three day binge, she looking like- well, what she always looks like...) and he can pick up his Emmy and she her long overdue Oscar!! Cool, huh? And think of the After Party pictures!! What a career boost for both of them!! I should be in this publicist business- this is solid gold!!

13-06-2011
V.I.P.

^Yes, that sounds perfect! And since I'm sure LiLo and Jessica Szohr would get along really well, too, maybe she can join them (for the after party). And maybe she will get recognition for her lead role in GG, too.
The GG cast bears so much potential for gossip stories, it's a shame the public only focuses on Blake.

13-06-2011
V.I.P.

^ Right- and if the events are after GG goes off the air, Penn can come and people will say "Hey, isn't that Penn Badgley??" And the other people will say "Penn Who???"

13-06-2011
V.I.P.

OK, everyone (including Jessica it seems) agrees that Vanessa had become a meaningless character and had to go, but Juliet...she was BORN to be the beautiful, stylish UES troublemaker!! HOW can they let Katie get away!! I don't hate Georgina exactly, but she isn't close to the style and mayhem that dear J could bring to the show!! I am going to start a 'Bring Back Juliet' Campaign!!

youknowyouloveme.org

13-06-2011
tfs star

Hang on, once Georgie and the fake cousin team up for next season, I think we will all have some massive mayhem hittin Upper East Side

13-06-2011
V.I.P.

^ But neither of them have legs that can challenge Serna's!! I have my standards...

13-06-2011
tfs star

Oh come on, this show has enough legs

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, girl, gossip