How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

24-05-2011
Automated Thread Manager

Gossip Girl #4
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

24-05-2011
V.I.P.

Gossip Girl #3
Moderator's Note:

* In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
* Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
* Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
* Please remember to stay on topic... All off topic discussion will be removed.
* Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.

__________________________________________________ _________________

W
may have lost its creative director, but Stefano Tonchi is making sure the magazine keeps a high profile. In addition to all the nakedness, the mag is now making the leap to television — specifically, to Gossip Girl.
According to WWD, one of the Gossip Girl characters will intern at W as part of a 6-8 episode arc. But which one? Details are being kept quiet, but we suspect this may have something to do with the ominous return of Jenny Humphrey. A spokeswoman for the magazine explains the storyline as such: “The character faces the challenge of being part of the social elite and then thrust into the ‘real world,’ where one starts out on the bottom rung of the ladder.” The episodes will begin airing at the end of January, and the cast filmed at W’s offices last week.
We’ve never been to the W offices ourselves, but we have to imagine they (like most magazine offices) are not quite as glamourous as those in The Devil Wears Prada/Ugly Betty/[insert Hollywood portrayal of fashion magazine world here]. As such, W had to be given the Gossip Girl treatment. Art was put on walls, empty bookshelves were filled and staffers acting as extras were given strict wardrobe instructions (no all-black, all-white or “crazy stripes” allowed).
Vogue (via Hamish Bowles), Elle (via Joe Zee) and now W? Gossip Girl sure is working hard for that fashion cred.

Styleite.com

24-05-2011
V.I.P.

Season 5 Gossip - TVLINE.com

Gossip Girl | Dair opponents, rejoice! As seen during the final episodes of this season, there’s a new sexy miss whose kiss is on Dan’s list, and given that Kaylee Defer is now a series regular, Charlie/Ivy is here to stay. “They’ve been pointing me at Dan, so… maybe I’ll stay with him,” DeFer forecasts. “The girls on the show tend to bop around [from guy to guy], but maybe I’m the only faithful one? ” To which I’ll say: Nahhhh. Regardless of who fills Dan’s dance card, DeFer promises “all sorts of drama boiling” at the hands of Ivy, an actress posing as Serena’s cousin — though DeFer doesn’t peg herself as a one-for-one substitute for Taylor Momsen (Jenny). “There’s no way I could replace Taylor,” she defers. “No, she has her own thing.”

24-05-2011
fashion insider

^Seriously? They're bringing in a new girl for Dan? Probably because he's already dated everyone else on the show except from Jenny and of course, Blair who's off limit because she needs to be eternally trapped with Chuck. Since Dair isn't happening, I can truly put the show behind me.

25-05-2011
backstage pass

I agree that Georgina was the best part of the last episode.She's just so hilarious,
"If Milo isnt in trouble in 17 years,then I've done something wrong"
"I miss you!you get me!"(& her expression) ...
Oh lord,everything she said on the episode made me laugh so hard

25-05-2011
tfs star

Here's hoping that Charlie/Ivy pulling out Georgina's number in the finale means we'll see her again soon. All the regular characters have become so tedious.

25-05-2011
trendsetter

I think it does, but does that mean that Carol will have to admit that she screwed Lily and co? Or is that just not happening.

25-05-2011
scenester

a mate of mine suggested the whole Dan + Blair arc was one long, elaborate bit of product placement for Netflix

25-05-2011
V.I.P.

Just when I was starting to like the idea of Dair. Oh well. Surprising that the Charly/Ivy girl will become a regular...who becomes a regular on GG anyway? And out of all the great girls they had on the show (Katie Cassidy , the Raina chick) they make her a regular? They better have an awesome storyline for her in mind already.

BTW, I got an A on the paper I wrote about Gossip Girl My professor loved it but he thought it was bold of me to my hypothesize that the show makes young people re-think and doubt the importance of materialistic values...Does that mean he watches the show?

25-05-2011
trendsetter

Oh that's awesome that you got an A. It's really ingenious to think of incorporating something you like into your academic stuff. I mean, it's Cultural Studies, why don't people do it more in day-to-day applications.

25-05-2011
V.I.P.

^Haha, I know. I'm such a bad student normally. I'm really lazy and usually write papers the evening I have to hand it in and all that but this one was fun to do and it definitely pays off to choose a subject you're interested in. Plus, there's so much to analyze on Gossip Girl!

25-05-2011
trendsetter

I wrote my thesis on Semiotics and Punishing the Male Gaze in Fast Times at Ridgemont High - my friends were all 'wait what?!' but it is an Amy Heckerling, and shoot, most of my research was watching it over and over and over and over taking copious amounts of notes. Gossip Girl is just rife with material for academic plunder.

25-05-2011
V.I.P.

Exactly. Plus, it's a whole new experience watching a show or movie like this. We would watch and analyze movies in philosophy class all the time and it was always so interesting.
I don't agree with how my friend incorporated her favorite movies into school stuff - every essay she ever wrote was just summarizing a Johnny Depp movie and she always claimed she came up with the story though we all knew she had seen that movie, haha.

But yes, I'll definitely write my future papers about Gossip Girl or 90210 again :p

26-05-2011
V.I.P.

^ I think that was a good idea for a paper!...GG is such a cover story phenomena for some reason; there are plenty of other teen dramas with pretty people and nice clothes on TV- Gossip Girl hit a nerve with readers and viewers for a reason...

26-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
BTW, I got an A on the paper I wrote about Gossip Girl My professor loved it but he thought it was bold of me to my hypothesize that the show makes young people re-think and doubt the importance of materialistic values...Does that mean he watches the show?
That is awesome. I love when people do this.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, girl, gossip