How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

22-05-2010
V.I.P.

That was so good. So good. Second best final (Best was when Denny died) but this was better than the bomb ep and when the ferry boat crashed.

OMG Bailey was gonna get shot but thankfully Shonda rewrote it -

in my first draft of Part 1, Gary Clark shot Bailey. Bailey. He shot her. And I wrote it and then I couldn’t sleep, for days and days, I could not sleep and I had to remove it from the script. Bailey getting shot was just too much for me. She’s our anchor. She’s the soul. Mer is the heart but Bailey is the soul and so I had to delete it. Because there was no way I could go on if Bailey had a bullet wound. The world would just be too…broken. Derek was devastating enough but both Derek and Bailey…it meant I couldn’t go on.

Full interview/article with Shonda about the final -

http://www.greyswriters.com/2010/05/...s-friends.html

Can't wait for next season.

23-05-2010
tfs star

I have to agree that was a great finale. I had to stay away from all the gossip sites until I could download the episode.

24-05-2010
fashion insider

That episode was epic. I was just sitting and watching it

20-08-2010
V.I.P.

i am looking forward to another season.... yeah, the last 2 seasons weren't great, but i really love the show...

so here are the actual reasons i love G'sA

music
racial diversity
Mer - so messed up, so lovable
McDreamy and McSteamy, well Burk too, but he left...these guys are hot!
Miranda and Christina - epic characters...ironic, tough, funny, sensitive...
and ofcourse some memorable quotes (imdb.com)

Katie Bryce: My head is full.
Meredith Grey: It's called thinking. Go with it.

Meredith Grey: Don't look at me like that.
Derek Shepherd: Like what?
Meredith Grey: Like you've seen me naked!

Preston Burke: The only person that can keep a promise so big is God, and I haven't seen him pick up a scalpel lately.

Meredith Grey: We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop?

Meredith Grey: You know how when you were a little kid and you believed in fairy tales, that fantasy of what your life would be, white dress, prince charming who would carry you away to a castle on a hill. You would lie in bed at night and close your eyes and you had complete and utter faith. Santa Claus, the Tooth Fairy, Prince Charming, they were so close you could taste them, but eventually you grow up, one day you open your eyes and the fairy tale disappears. Most people turn to the things and people they can trust. But the thing is its hard to let go of that fairy tale entirely cause almost everyone has that smallest bit of hope, of faith, that one day they will open their eyes and it will come true.

Meredith Grey: At the end of the day faith is a funny thing. It turns up when you don't really expect it. It's like one day you realize that the fairy tale may be slightly different than you dreamed. The castle, well, it may not be a castle. And it's not so important happy ever after, just that its happy right now. See once in a while, once in a blue moon, people will surprise you , and once in a while people may even take your breath away.

Meredith Grey: [about her new roommates] They're everywhere. All the time. Izzie's all perky and George does this where he's helpful and considerate. They share food, and they say things, and they move things, and they breathe. Ugh, they're, like, happy
Cristina Yang: Kick them out.
Meredith Grey: I can't kick them out, they just moved in. I asked them to move in.
Cristina Yang: So what, you're just going to repress everything in some deep, dark, twisted place until one day you snap and you kill them?

Meredith Grey: Maybe we like the pain. Maybe we're wired that way. Because without it, I don't know; maybe we just wouldn't feel real. What's that saying? Why do I keep hitting myself with a hammer? Because it feels so good when I stop.

Alex Karev: Morning, Dr. Model.
Isobel "Izzie" Stevens: Dr. Evil Spawn.
Alex Karev: [he sees a tattoo on her lower stomach] Ooooh, nice tat. Do they airbrush that out for the catalogs?
Isobel "Izzie" Stevens: I don't know. What do they do for the 666 on your skull?

Alex Karev: What are you doing?
George O'Malley: Hiding. There's this VIP patient. He likes me.
Alex Karev: Well, that's good, right?
George O'Malley: He *likes me*, likes me.
Alex Karev: Go for it, man. Get yours, I'm down with the rainbow.
[George gives him a strange look]
Alex Karev: Oh, are you not gay?
Dr. George O'Malley: No.
Dr. Alex Karev: Really? Dude, sorry.
[he walks away]
George O'Malley: [Cristina walks up] Cristina! Do you... does Meredith think I'm gay?
Cristina Yang: Are you?
George O'Malley: No!
Dr. Cristina Yang: Really?

George O'Malley: There needs to be some rules.
Meredith Grey: So, what we can walk around in our underwear on alternate Tuesdays? Or you could see bras, but not panties? Or are you talking Amish rules? Because if you think you're gonna get Izzie to cover herself...

Derek Shepherd: I am not mentally challenged.
Miranda Bailey: I'm not so sure about that.

Alex Karev: When your life is sucky you get drunk and sleep with inappropriate men. It's your thing.

Meredith Grey: My mommy's a filthy whore.

Meredith Grey: I've heard that it's possible to grow up - I've just never met anyone who's actually done it. Without parents to defy, we break the rules we make for ourselves. We throw tantrums when things don't go our way, we whisper secrets with our best friends in the dark, we look for comfort where we can find it, and we hope - against all logic, against all experience. Like children, we never give up hope...

Meredith Grey: I have custody of a penis?

Cristina Yang: What are you doing?
Meredith Grey: Sitting here with my penis.

Mark Sloan: You're a bad liar.
Derek Shepherd: You're old.

Alex Karev: Why would you want to help me?
Isobel "Izzie" Stevens: [Yelling] BECAUSE IT'S WHAT JESUS WOULD FREAKING DO!

Miranda Bailey: [to Cristina] An intern was reassigned so he's mine now. Have him shadow you for the day, show him how I do things.
Alex Karev: Alex Karev, nice to meet you.
Christina Yang: The pig who called Meredith a nurse. I hate you on principle.
Alex Karev: And you're the pushy, overbearing kiss ***. I hate you too.
Christina Yang: Oh, this should be fun then.

Miranda Bailey: Every intern wants to perform their first surgery. That's not your job. Do you know what your job is? To make your resident happy. Do I look happy? No! Why? Because my interns are whiney. You know what will make me look happy? Having the code team staffed, having the trauma pages answered, having the weekend labs delivered and having someone down in the pit doing the sutures. No-one holds a scalpel until I'm so happy I'm Mary Freaking Poppins.

Miranda Bailey: [to Derek and Meredith, who are in the passenger seat of his car] You mind moving this tailwagon? You blocking me in.

Preston Burke: So, I have a question to ask. I checked the schedule and I noticed that both you and I are off tonight. I made reservations. I have a favorite restaurant.
Cristina Yang: None of those were questions.

Meredith Grey: After all this time, all your warnings about me sleeping with my boss and you're doing the same exact thing.
Cristina Yang: Oh, it's not the same thing.
Dr. Meredith Grey: It's the exact same!
Dr. Cristina Yang: No, it's not. You and McDreamy are in a relationship.
Dr. Meredith Grey: And you and Burke are in?
Dr. Cristina Yang: Switzerland. It's very neutral there and they make very nice watches.

George O'Malley: You know Joe?
Miranda Bailey: Oh, yeah. I was the only female intern my year. I didn't know anybody and nobody knew me except Joe. He knew me.
George O'Malley: Oh. So you and Joe...?
Miranda Bailey: All you people ever think about is how to get into somebody's pants. You're nasty.
[slaps George]
Miranda Bailey: That's why you got syphilis.

Dr. Cristina Yang: Even George manages to get some action.
Dr. George O'Malley: Correction: George got some syphilis.

Dr. Meredith Grey: I want facts and until I get them my pants are staying on.

Dr. Meredith Grey: Sometimes reality has a way of sneaking up and biting us in the ***. And when the dam bursts, all you can do is swim. The world of pretend is a cage, not a cocoon. We can only lie to ourselves for so long. We are tired, we are scared, denying it doesn't change the truth. Sooner or later we have to put aside our denial and face the world. Head on, guns blazing. De Nile. It's not just a river in Egypt, it's a freakin' ocean. So how do you keep from drowning in it?

Dr. Meredith Grey: To be a good surgeon, you have to think like a surgeon. Emotions are messy. Tuck them neatly away and step into a clean, sterile room where the procedure is simple. Cut, suture, close. But sometimes you're faced to a cut that won't heal. A cut that rips its stitches wide open.

Dr. Meredith Grey: There's something to be said about a glass half full. About knowing when to say when. I think it's a floating line. A barometer of need and desire. It's entirely up to the individual. And depends on what's being poured. Sometimes all we want is a taste. Other times there's no such thing as enough, the glass is bottomless. And all we want, is more.

Meredith Grey: Okay, here it is, your choice... it's simple, her or me, and I'm sure she is really great. But Derek, I love you, in a really, really big pretend to like your taste in music, let you eat the last piece of cheesecake, hold a radio over my head outside your window, unfortunate way that makes me hate you, love you. So pick me, choose me, love me.

Cristina Yang: It's like candy, but with blood. Which is so much better!

Cristina Yang: I need you to help me find the leg!... Aren't boyfriends supposed to help in situations like this?
Preston Burke: When we're on duty, I can't be your boyfriend.
Cristina Yang: So, when we're on duty, I can have sex with someone else?

Dr. Cristina Yang: [about Burke] He's seen me naked a thousand times.
Dr. George O'Malley: Bad! Bad images in my head!

[to Meredith]
Cristina Yang: Burke wants to have a relationship... Boys are stupid.

Cristina Yang: [about inviting Burke to Thanksgiving dinner] What was I supposed to do? Blow off my boyfriend for Thanksgiving?
[pause]
Cristina Yang: I tried to. He wouldn't blow. He's like something sticky that won't blow off.

20-08-2010
V.I.P.

Meredith Grey: Four hundred years ago, another well-known English guy had an opinion about being alone. John Donne. He thought we were never alone. Of course, it was fancier when he said it. "No man is an island entire unto himself." Boil down that island talk, and he just meant that all anyone needs is someone to step in and let us know we're not alone. And who's to say that someone can't have four legs. Someone to play with or run around with, or just hang out.

Meredith Grey: Sometimes doing something is worse than doing nothing.

Meredith Grey: When you were a kid, it was Halloween candy. You hid it from your parents and you ate it until you got sick. In college, it was the heavy combo of youth, tequila and well, you know. As a surgeon, you take as much of the good as you can get because it doesn't come around nearly as often as it should. 'Cause good things aren't always what they seem. Too much of anything, even love, is not always a good thing.

Meredith Grey: How do you know when how much is too much? Too much too soon. Too much information. Too much fun. Too much love. Too much to ask... And when is it all just too much to bear?

Meredith Grey: Communication. It's the first thing we really learn in life. Funny thing is, once we grow up, learn our words and really start talking the harder it becomes to know what to say. Or how to ask for what we really need.

George O'Malley: [talking to himself] Oh, hi, chief. Nope, not much going on, well, other than your intern chief making out with my friend in the stairwell, but hey... sponge duty sucks.
Dr. Meredith Grey: [walks up beside him] Talking to yourself now?
Dr. George O'Malley: Yes. No.
[pause]
George O'Malley: Damn it. I'm a bad sponge. A leaky sponge. I'm gonna leak all the wrong secrets. I'm a bad liar. I can't even lie about talking to myself.
Miranda Bailey: Look at this. Everybody wants a life without pain. And what does it get you? She needs to be on a poster somewhere to remind people, pain is there for a reason.

Meredith Grey: The fantasy is simple. Pleasure is good. And twice as much pleasure is better. That pain is bad. And no pain is better. But the reality is different. The reality is that pain is there to tell us something. And there is only so much pleasure we can take without getting a stomachache. And maybe that's okay. Maybe some fantasies are only supposed to live in our dreams.

Derek Shepherd: So, who's next, Alex? He likes to sleep around... you two have that in common.
Meredith Grey: You don't get to call me a whore! When I met you, I thought I had met the person I would spend then rest of my life with. I was done. So all the boys, and all the bars, and all the obvious daddy issues... who cared? Because I was done. You left me! You chose Addison! I'm all glued back together now. I make no apologies for how I chose to repair what you broke. You don't get to call me a whore!

25-08-2010
V.I.P.

am i the only one on TFS who's actually excited about new season?

remember V.I.Penis?
or:
I need a drink, a man, or a massage. Or a drunken massage by a man.
???
CRISTINA: What've you got?
MER: Bomb in a body cavity.
CRISTINA: Man! All I have is Bailey's husband's open brain.

25-08-2010
trendsetter

no you're not the only one. I can't wait for the new season . Also can't wait for season 6 to come out on dvd, since I haven't seen all of it, only seen a few episodes online. But I've read spoilers and stuff, so I get what's been going on.

Can't wait to see what happens between Christina and Owen, my favourite couple since season 5

25-08-2010
V.I.P.

O&C will get married...

as for the others, i know that that v. cute afro american guy with blue eyes is like part of GA, hes a bad actor but hes hot.... as well all doctors on the show...

30-12-2010
front row

Wow, how dead is this thread!
Here are a few pics from the season so far

tvfanatic.com

02-01-2011
tfs star

I stopped watching this show after season 5 because it got a little bit ridiculous and difficult to digest. I'm going to give it a try once more, and have a little season 6 and 7 marathon.

03-01-2011
trendsetter

I can't wait for the hiatus to be over.

A lot of fans seem annoyed by the Cristina PTSD storyline, but I've enjoyed it, especially because often on TV it seems if something tragic happens at the end of one season, then the characters are quickly over it in the next season, which I find unrealistic.

04-01-2011
front row

^I agree with you, I liked Christina's storyline for the same reason. I love her character, definitely my favourite female on the show!

mordant , this season is really good so far, and I loved the Season 6 finale!

04-01-2011
front row

Also, Kevin McKidd (Hunt) made #69 on buddytv.com's list of TV's 100 sexiest men. No McDreamy or McSteamy though

06-01-2011
tfs star

oh wow I didn't even think this thread exisisted! every thursday i'd go on here and no Grey's thread popped up lol.

Big Grey's fan here. I agree with Christina's storyline being very good. You can't just walk away from what she went through and be fine the next day. Thankfully Grey's shows that she's a real person with her story line.

I know i'll get shot saying this but I definitely do not miss Izzy and George.

07-01-2011
front row

I missed Izzy and George at first (really missed George) but the show has actually gotten really good since they left! How amazing was last night's episode btw? I'm so glad Christina's back! And does it look like Teddy's going to start dating her 'husband'?!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
anatomy, grey