How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-04-2013
tfs star

Hannibal (Series)
anyone watching this? i'm excited to see this since i was disappointed with the following. and after seeing the 1st episode i think i like it. although i'm still not feeling the hannibal actor yet

09-04-2013
you soft and only

I watched the first episode, I thought it was okay. I've seen most (I think) of the Hannibal Lecter movies, so I'm curious to watch his relationship with Will Graham develop.

However, because of The Following, I am kind of hesitant and waiting for this show to just become unbelievable and terrible.

09-04-2013
tfs star

^^ haha yeah the following had great premises but after few episodes it's just blah...
poor kevin bacon, i thought he might be like what kiefer sutherland get in 24

09-04-2013
V.I.P.

i thinks Mads Mikkelson is a very good looking guy (rent his films after the wedding and a royal affair and you might fall in love with him).

i'm waiting until the hannibal series has gone on a for a while so i can watch them in one giant binge.

09-04-2013
tfs star

It was very good. I liked it. One question though, when Lecter brought Will breakfast, was he serving him that girl's lungs?

10-04-2013
V.I.P.

Unfortunately, I can't see the show just yet but can't wait for it. I've seen After the Wedding, Prague, Exit and just a few days ago Jagten (The Hunt) which is phenomenal-a must see. Mads is one hell of an actor and I just know he makes a good Hannibal.

10-04-2013
.my prison is your brain.

I watched the first episode but am not interested in watching any more. Anthony Hopkins was too iconic as Hannibal for anyone else to hold a flame to him.

Will's character having Aspergers seems like a gimmicky ploy to me.

11-04-2013
V.I.P.

wait, so Will Graham has Aspergers? wooow that's definitely a reason to watch coz I loved Hugh Dancy's character in a movie called Adam about a guy with AS.

11-04-2013
backstage pass

I watched the pilot and it was....just alright. I'll keep watching though because I know Gillian Anderson is going to be on the show~ :p

rrreeeeaaallllyyy not feeling the actor who plays Hannibal, though. like that whole character/actor just seems so off to me. maybe I'm too attached to Anthony Hopkins' portrayal?

14-04-2013
V.I.P.

I think he's brilliant, very...refreshing, although Mr Hopkins is of course a legend.

Last edited by Flyest; 14-04-2013 at 09:36 AM.
14-04-2013
you soft and only

I watched the second episode and I think it's veering into "The Following" levels of unrealistic/unwatchable. Mads is the only part of this show worth watching.

15-04-2013
backstage pass

Mad's is one of my favourite actors so i liked the two episodes and I am intrigued by the next episode. I don't really watch television, so I was surprised I actually watched it and I have not seen "The Following", I have only seen "Silence of the Lambs" so I cant really judge much in comparison. But overall I did like Mad's portrayal.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I started watching The Following and Hannibal and out of the two Hannibal is the only one I'm drawn to continue watching. I think it's beautiful to watch (including Hugh Dancy's rumpled Will Graham) and although parts of it are obviously gimmicky, as a whole I think it has potential. I love the story of Hannibal Lecter (does that make me weird?) so I'll be tuning in from week to week to see where they take things.

trendsetter

I think the last episode (the 7th) will allow the sceptical viewers to decide once and for all if they approve of Mads's portrayal.
He was much criticized for being too "robotic" playing Lecter. His accent didn't help as it was hard to fully understand him. As we discover the character of Lecter more and more though I think it's a pleasure to watch how the actor is choosing to play him. His acting is subtle and the dark humor he sometimes bring is very enjoyable. I genuinely believe Mads is succeeding in creating his own Lecter and doesn't have to be compared to Hopkins.

As for the show in general I like that the writers don't assume the viewers are idiots who need to have everything explained to them. One of my favorite thing is how some scenes are left open to interpretation. It makes the spectator think (obsess?) about the show even when the episode is over.

Tags
hannibal, series