How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-12-2007
fashion insider

^ what about Brinkley's support??? Never heard

04-12-2007
fashion insider

I found another big Czech team hockey fan and i believe she is Rangers fan as well
idnes.cz
A040505_JUP_CRW_0604EDITSM_V.jpg

04-12-2007
V.I.P.

Well, Christie lives in the Hamptons on Eastern Long Island, which is somewhat near the slum, I mean beautiful suburban town of Uniondale where the Islanders play... So, due to the long drive to see a real hockey team play in NY City (Rangers), she and her son Jack are big fans of this glorified minor league team... (It is, btw, solely because of my life long lust- I mean admiration, for Christie, that we haven't ordered an air strike on the Nassau Coliseum long ago...)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFYp5gIina8

04-12-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renata75 View Post
... i believe she is Rangers fan as well Attachment 343003
As are most of the models in NY- and, needless to say, the players are very big fans of theirs' (especially since they are always at the Ranger games!!)

04-12-2007
V.I.P.

And how absolutely beautiful is this, as well!! *Sigh*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUGT_jsDjh8

04-12-2007
fashion insider

Thanks for explaining that Christie fan situation

04-12-2007
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
As are most of the models in NY- and, needless to say, the players are very big fans of theirs' (especially since they are always at the Ranger games!!)

well you're right even Jagr's girlfriend is a model

04-12-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by renata75 View Post
^ what about Brinkley's support??? Never heard
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...y-30410-3.html

Quote:
But, but...Jagr is a NEW YORK RANGER!! How can you not love him!!??
You can find a very good answer reading the BOLD words above...

Quote:
Originally Posted by renata75
GO CZECH!!!!!
Ouch, that game...you guys played the ultradefensive hockey (*) your (in)famous for - Hasek blocked every single damn puck, and the defender Svoboda (means "freedom" in russian, what a sad irony for russian fans ) scored few seconds before the end, with a lucky slap from the blue line...oh my I still have nightmares if I think about that game!

(*) Btw, I always mock a bit czech hockey saying it's "skuCZnyj" (dunno if in czech it's the same as in russian, but it means "boring" in Tolstoj's language...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer
^^ Pash has serious issues...Islanders fan, you know...
Ah-ehm! I'll be a gentleman and refuse to comment on that (my less gentleman inner self wanted to reply using this image, actually... :p)

V.I.P.

Quote:
Well, Christie lives in the Hamptons on Eastern Long Island, which is somewhat near the slum, I mean beautiful suburban town of Uniondale where the Islanders play... So, due to the long drive to see a real hockey team play in NY City (Rangers), she and her son Jack are big fans of this glorified minor league team... (It is, btw, solely because of my life long lust- I mean admiration, for Christie, that we haven't ordered an air strike on the Nassau Coliseum long ago...)

All this nonsense (the only part I'll agree with is the lus...I mean, admiration for Christie ) requires a serious, balanced, rational reply, supported with some facts...

Here we go:

1) Stanley Cups:

Rangers: 4 in 82 years, 3 of which (1928, 1933 & 1940) won when the League consisted of - respectively - only 10, 9 and 8 teams...

ISLES: 4 cups in 35 years, and what's more, 4 cups in a row (1980 to 1983, when NHL was made by 22 teams)

(meaning: we have both won the same # of Cups, but 75% of your Cups practically don't count...:p)

2) Players Payroll before the lockout:

Rangers: $90m

ISLES: $43m

(meaning: we both haven't won a Cup in the last 10 years, but at least we spent less than the half to obtain that result...:p)

3) Babes-fans:

Rangers: seriously, I've never been a fan of KK (if Hana Soukupova was a Blueshirts' fan, now that would be painful...:p)

ISLES: Let's not forget Carol Alt!

(newsday.com)

...aaaand - even if I didn't even know how she was - even Hillary Duff is an Isles' fan (dates Mike Comrie - btw, if he could go out less and score a bit more, now that'd be better... )

4) This season:

4 matchups so far, we won 3...

Concluding:

Go Isles Go!

Last edited by Pashen'ka; 04-12-2007 at 07:43 PM.
04-12-2007
V.I.P.

ISLES: Let's not forget Carol Alt!

Who was MARRIED to a Ranger!!!!

04-12-2007
V.I.P.

Go Red Wings

and just because someone is such a huge Rangers fan some pictures of Sean Avery at the Dolce & Gabbana story opening in NY today
WENN

Last edited by kochie332; 04-12-2007 at 10:27 PM.
06-12-2007
fashion insider

[QUOTE=Pashen'ka;3834270]http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums...y-30410-3.html

THANKS

Ouch, that game...you guys played the ultradefensive hockey (*) your (in)famous for - Hasek blocked every single damn puck, and the defender Svoboda (means "freedom" in russian, what a sad irony for russian fans ) scored few seconds before the end, with a lucky slap from the blue line...oh my I still have nightmares if I think about that game!

(*) Btw, I always mock a bit czech hockey saying it's "skuCZnyj" (dunno if in czech it's the same as in russian, but it means "boring" in Tolstoj's language...)

Svoboda means freedom in Czech too and I guess he had his freedom when he shoot that magic goal
Hasek was unstopable that time
I don't think you can translate skucznyj tu czech but its a nice word Lev Nikolajevich was very smart writer and philosopher
Anyway that rivalvy between our countries and Canada has been since the hockey started. Now there is a Sweden as well!!

06-12-2007
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kochie332 View Post
Go Red Wings

and just because someone is such a huge Rangers fan some pictures of Sean Avery at the Dolce & Gabbana story opening in NY today
WENN

SEAN!! Big Guy!! We need you!! Get well soon!!! Beat somebody up on the street if you can- stay in practice!!

07-12-2007
V.I.P.

^ May he follow your advice and get 5 years instead of his usual 5', this time... :p

V.I.P.

Essay Assignment: Write an essay focusing on- 1) What in the name of the Lord this was all about, 2) How the team could have survived the publicity fallout and 3) How one of these guys was the biggest stud in NY and another was married to a Supermodel...!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duvWNZ68p1g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpVLEFrgM3s

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
hockey