How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

11-02-2013
.my prison is your brain.

House of Cards
Anyone else watching this Netflix original show yet? I'm on episode 3 and am totally hooked. Great casting/acting/characters. And of course Fincher's cinematography is beautiful, only he could make Capitol Hill look so sexy.

11-02-2013
V.I.P.

I've only watched two episodes so far. I like almost everything except for how Kevin Spacey's character talks to the camera. that annoys me sooo much in shows like this. But I agree, Fincher's work makes these episodes look like a work of art. I love the colder, darker feel to D.C.

I'm definitely intrigued to see more episodes anyway

11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastical View Post
I've only watched two episodes so far. I like almost everything except for how Kevin Spacey's character talks to the camera. that annoys me sooo much in shows like this.
See, I usually absolutely hate this (I made it through about 5 minutes of that Showtime show House of Lies before giving up on it forever), but somehow it doesn't bother me with this show. I absolutely love it, and find myself even grinning during his dialogues.

Also, his Southern accent is spot on, being from the South I usually cringe hearing interpretations of our accents, but his is impressive.

Episode 3 is a comical one, enjoy

11-02-2013
girl who fell to earth

i watched the first episode with my boyfriend and my sister over the weekend when we were snowed in here in the northeast...

and we were so confused! we felt kind of exhausted after the first episode and weren't up to moving forward.
we kept asking, who is that, what's going on, and why is kevin spacey talking to us?

Is there more clarity after the first episode?

11-02-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissyM View Post
i watched the first episode with my boyfriend and my sister over the weekend when we were snowed in here in the northeast...

and we were so confused! we felt kind of exhausted after the first episode and weren't up to moving forward.
we kept asking, who is that, what's going on, and why is kevin spacey talking to us?

Is there more clarity after the first episode?
Yes, don't give up! I'm only on the third episode and the plot and characters are all clearly laid out now. By the end of the second episode I was hooked.

12-02-2013
girl who fell to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
Yes, don't give up! I'm only on the third episode and the plot and characters are all clearly laid out now. By the end of the second episode I was hooked.
Ok, you've convinced me! :p

I'll give it another chance and report back

14-02-2013
fashion elite

Hi guys. I watched the entire "season" and I am in love with this series.

Would love o her your though on it. I don't want to say anything as I don't want to give anything away.

11-03-2013
V.I.P.

I've finally finished the series and I must admit it is sooo good. It's so scandalous but I'm definitely interested to see more. I didn't know it was a remake of a British show (also on Netflix).

15-03-2013
V.I.P.

I've only seen one and a half episode and it's amazing!! If Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright don't get Emmy nominations, I will be shocked.

16-03-2013
trendsetter

I think I've seen 7 episodes now and I'm very impressed. I am very happy with Netflix for getting very talented people together to work on original content for them, rather than just producing crap reality shows and such. House of Cards is HBO-caliber stuff.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherAnne View Post
See, I usually absolutely hate this (I made it through about 5 minutes of that Showtime show House of Lies before giving up on it forever), but somehow it doesn't bother me with this show. I absolutely love it, and find myself even grinning during his dialogues.

Also, his Southern accent is spot on, being from the South I usually cringe hearing interpretations of our accents, but his is impressive.

Episode 3 is a comical one, enjoy
I love this too, he explains some things out as well so your not as lost. I agree about his accent, its very good.

I just started watching the series. I'm on episode 2 & its so good! The cast is spot on and Fincher makes DC look so cool and mysterious. It is a show that you would expect to find on a premium channel. Who would have thought netflix!

18-07-2013
V.I.P.

9 Emmy 2013 nominations!

DRAMA SERIES
"House of Cards" (Netflix)

DRAMA ACTOR
Kevin Spacey ("House of Cards")

DRAMA ACTRESS
Robin Wright ("House of Cards")

DIRECTING FOR A DRAMA
David Fincher ("House of Cards")

and more nominations for sound, cinematography, etc

18-07-2013
trendsetter

Completely deserved! I think Stoll deserved a nomination, personally, but the nominations it did receive or nonetheless totally deserved and make me very happy. I hope Netflix puts together another season quickly!

backstage pass

I love this show! watched the whole season within a few days, all actors do a fantastic job. I'm glad about the Emmy nominations!

02-11-2013
tfs star

Damn good show, i'm waiting for a new season..

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
cards, house