How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-11-2014
windowshopping

House of DVF
Has anyone checked this out? I was skeptical, but it actually looks like it will be pretty interesting. I have no idea what exactly qualifies someone to be a brand ambassador, especially for someone who is not well known.

Here's what impressed me. DVF got rid of the two biggest drama queens/generally annoying girls right away. She is not going to tolerate any nonsense. Most reality shows keep people like that around to make "good television." But DVF, besides being an icon, is a super smart businesswoman who knows what she wants and intends to get it. I think it will be an interesting process.

Any thoughts?

05-11-2014
fashion insider

^I took a look at the 'Pilot' and, it was okay. It reminded me a bit of 'The Apprentice' (which is not a bad thing). I'll have to wait for at least 2-3 more episodes, before I can decide on which girl I would like to see win. When they said, "There are ten girls here, but we can only take eight," I immediately knew which girl was going home first (and she did). I like how the losers get a DVF gift bag with an autograph DVF autobiography and some candy (which is more than Tyra or Heidi had ever given to those who were eliminated from there shows ).

12-11-2014
rising star

Episode 1
http://vodlocker.com/i6039hgprzzf

Episode 2
http://vodlocker.com/hp3t3u45injd

12-11-2014
V.I.P.

I binge watched it the other night, apparently it was the 3rd episode in and they played from the very beginning. DVF herself is such a screen presence, she really comes off as poised and intelligent, and kind. The people vying for the gig...all seem like they were cast specifically because they make for drama TV which I think in the end hurts this series because we have so much of that already elsewhere. How about a show where competent good people actually make it? Even the ones left, especially that Kier girl, annoy me. Like Tiffani wouldn't last anywhere in the real world, she's that dumb.

13-11-2014
front row

^ I have to agree with everything you said!

fashion insider

^ I do too. It's funny because I can relate to the show in the sense that I've done a fashion design school and internships/jobs in the industry, so the anxiety/stress of those situations comes back up when I watch the show ' With that being said I don't get how some of them with the credits they claim to have act (at the lookbook shooting) or proceed the way they do (the press days). There only seems to be a girl or two that actually looks like they know what they are doing and works, puts effort in the challenges = that seems credible.
I liked Tiffany, as Diane said she does have something, but as of right now I think Brittany has it together the most..

front row

^ I have to agree with you, I also think Brittany has what it takes so far. Funny that we don't actually see/hear her much compared to the other girls.

fashion insider

^I can see why the both of you would choose Brittany as your top pick--she does seem like the only person who pays close attention to whatever task she is given.

I really liked Tiffany, but the only little thing that kind of annoys me about her is when she talks over other people. I mean, I'll understand if she does it because she's nervous (who wouldn't be?), but that little nervous tick needs to go. I'm really happy Diane threw her a life vest.

6 Days Ago
fashion elite

This is really bad, only about the drama, but I'm still watching it.

fashion insider

^Same here. It looks like Brittany is close to being sent home.

3 Days Ago
V.I.P.

The only girl left who doesn't completely repulse me is Amanda... Brittany is a bitch but at least seems to take on board the advice she's given... I get that there is editing and they're in a high pressure situation but Kier is an arrogant bitch... I really can't stand her.

fashion insider

I've always liked Amanda more than the other girls--not because she's pretty (okay, maybe a little bit), but I think she just has a better attitude. I want her to win so much.

I kind of liked watching Amanda and Kier fighting over their accomplishments.

2 Days Ago
fashion insider

I don't know... After watching the last episodes where they started showing the "attitude" on brittany I can't help to think that it's more situational than her really being a bitch. I think she's the one that really knows how things work and is decent in all the challenges so far (where the others have a noticeable weak spot), is confident, presentable, strong and can lead.
I feel like Kier is too self involved, like it's all about her image/vanity, she easily gets shuffled when she gets criticism, Amanda isn't confident enough/gets stepped on, and Lenore is still learning the job.

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrea.RL View Post
I don't know... After watching the last episodes where they started showing the "attitude" on brittany I can't help to think that it's more situational than her really being a bitch. I think she's the one that really knows how things work and is decent in all the challenges so far (where the others have a noticeable weak spot), is confident, presentable, strong and can lead.
I feel like Kier is too self involved, like it's all about her image/vanity, she easily gets shuffled when she gets criticism, Amanda isn't confident enough/gets stepped on, and Lenore is still learning the job.
I couldn't agree with you more about Kier... Lenore was such a bright spot I miss her positive energy but she definitely didn't have the experience needed... REALLY happy DVF gave her another opportunity within the organization.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
dvf, house