How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-04-2011
V.I.P.

^I meant that the story is not a "girly" story so few girls might actually go to the cinema. And it´s not a "guys" type of story either. That´s why I thought they´d want a hot actor to attract a female audience that wouldn´t normally go to see this type of story. Parrish is hot and a very good actor, imo.
Of course I´m only judging on looks, since I´ve only seen Josh in Zathura and the Kids Are All Right. I´ve never seen Liam in anything...

Jennifer and Josh are 5' 7". Liam is 6' 4¾".

04-04-2011
V.I.P.

Oh okay. Those heights sound about right.

I think The Hunger Games is gender/age neutral. There's something in it for everyone.
But in terms of looks, I'm not too pleased with the casting either. Liam is attractive and I think he will look okay with dark hair, but I can't see Josh as blond and he just looks so young. Peeta is only 16 in the books, so Josh is the right age, but he looks like he could be Jennifer's younger brother or something not her love interest.

I really wish Hunter Parrish had been cast. Like you said, he's hot and talented.

05-04-2011
tfs star

I think what will matter most with this kind of movie is the director

05-04-2011
V.I.P.

^The director is Gary Ross (according to imdb). He only directed two movies, ever. Pleasantville and Seabiscuit, both nice movies but very different genre from THG...

if the first movie is a hit and they shoot book 2 & 3, wonder if they´ll change directors...?

05-04-2011
V.I.P.

finally a thread for these books!

i have no problem with Josh being Peeta, he's a talent in making and he looks like he can deliver, but i seriously don't get the other casting - Liam whatshisname - why make such an "obvious" casting choice all of the sudden? are they worried Jennifer and Josh aren't teen magnets? why pick two with good/amazing acting skills and then the third one (which is as important as the two) with dubious ones? i hope he really outdone himself during the auditions, he probably did cus he really seems out of place next to these two..

just my two cents...

V.I.P.

I can't really judge Liam yet, because I haven't seen him in anything.
As far as I know, he's only been in one American film and that was the Miley Cyrus one.

I think people are giving him a hard time just because of that one movie, but I'm willing to give him a chance.

But I wonder if they will change directors? I think it just depends on how well the first film does. But since Gary Ross isn't very busy...I think he will probably end up shooting movies 2 and 3 back to back within a year or so.

06-04-2011
tfs star

I once saw an amazing fan made trailer on youtube but it seems to be gone now.
I wish they'd gotten a great action movies director

06-04-2011
V.I.P.

I'm not too worried. Christopher Nolan hadn't really done any action movies before he got cast to direct the Batman films and he's now the king of action.

I was kind of hoping Warner Bros would buy the film rights for the Hunger Games though...in terms of movie franchises, they're the reigning champions (Harry Potter, LOTR, Batman, the Matrix, Sherlock Holmes, etc). But hopefully Lionsgate will do a good job.

Last edited by sobriquet87; 06-04-2011 at 04:02 PM.
07-04-2011
V.I.P.

someone apparently got their hands on the script, here's a review (only posting the link due to possible spoilers and because i have to get ready for uni...no time to copy and paste)
http://community.livejournal.com/ohn...57.html#cutid1

07-04-2011
V.I.P.

^overall it sounds good, imo. I fear the "While I’m sure Gale fans will be excited to see more of him in the film*, I’m not sure they’ll be happy with the reason for his extended screen time." part... I don´t mind the other changes, at least the way they´re described.

07-04-2011
V.I.P.

I'm not reading it. I refuse to read leaked scripts.

However, I did see The Kids are All Right, because I wanted to see Josh in action again and I'm actually quite confident in him as Peeta now. He's really good at quiet expression...and that's a Peeta trait.

09-04-2011
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I'm backing up Liam purely because he's an Aussie

I can't see anyone as Peeta because Hunter Parrish ruined it for me But I'm willing to give Josh a chance.

V.I.P.

I´m tempted to see The Last Song but I fear that I´ll regret it and waste two hours of my life... the same with Triangle LOL

09-04-2011
fashion icon

Hunter Parrish is definitely hotter, but I have to admit, Josh Hutcherson is more apt as Peeta if we're going by the book's description.

V.I.P.

^how so? Peeta is blonde with blue eyes, so is Parrish but not Josh. Josh fits the rest, medium height and stocky build but then again so does Parrish

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
games, hunger, thread