The Hunger Games Thread - Page 42 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
09-03-2012
V.I.P.

i agree that it was there from the beginning, but it was just a small part of the book. i hope the movie doesn't focus too much on that, it's so boring, there are more important topics they could focus on.

09-03-2012
Meg
inspired contemplation

I think the 'love triangle' is important, because it mirrors in a sense how Katniss sees herself and ultimately the kind of life she wants to live, but I think why she's such an empowering female character in YA fiction is that this isn't central to her being. In fact, she kind of has other things to be getting on with and can't be bothered which is a really is really refreshing to see.

10-03-2012
V.I.P.

10-03-2012
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg View Post
I think the 'love triangle' is important, because it mirrors in a sense how Katniss sees herself and ultimately the kind of life she wants to live, but I think why she's such an empowering female character in YA fiction is that this isn't central to her being. In fact, she kind of has other things to be getting on with and can't be bothered which is a really is really refreshing to see.

what is YA ? ;D

10-03-2012
Meg
inspired contemplation

YA = Young Adult

And just to clarify what I was saying above because re-reading it, it's not that clear I was suggesting that Peeta and Gale each represent a different part of Katniss, and so her decision on who to go for says something about who she is or who she wants to be. If that's any more clear

11-03-2012
tfs star

I'm really really excited to see the action sequences. It is Hunger Games after all

reddit

11-03-2012
fashion insider

She looks so cool doing that stunt in that gif!

11-03-2012
V.I.P.

this bts footage makes me more excited for the movie than the movie footage itself! (because we still haven't seen scenes from the games theselves, can't wait for that)

11-03-2012
God Save McQueen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birkin View Post
If i remember well, the participants start in a circle around the cornucopia and run to it. If the cornucopia is like that and has only one entrance, then the 30% of the players have an advantage regarding the others.
That is how it was described in the book though, at least how I perceived it. It always annoyed me thinking about that. Some people would have to run around the outside to get to it. My main issue with it is that it isn't gold and woven. That looks like it would be really hard to climb for the climax when they are running from the mutts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoninahAliza View Post
Okay so this might sound dumb but I've been seeing posts floating around the internet about Cinna's sexuality, like if he's gay or not. So I'm sort of curious, when you read the books did you think Cinna was straight, gay, bi, or did it never cross your mind? I think part of the reason why people assumed his character was gay was because he's a fashion designer, which is a stereotype for the most part. When I read the books the thought never crossed my mind, I honestly never thought about what his sexuality was, but apparently lot's of other people did. So now I'm wondering did I miss something or are people overreacting?
I guess people are assuming. Cinna is a really popular character, but he is never fleshed out in the books. His only physical description is being young, having brown hair and wearing gold eyeliner. The only thing we know about him as a person was that he treated Katniss well, despite not having to, was really talented and [spoiler] was part of the rebellion. Sexuality, or any aspect of his personal life, was never discussed.

12-03-2012
tfs star

So yeah, just last week I finished the series, loved the first two. [spoiler]I was not happy with the ending at ALL. It all happened so fast, and not in a good way, she could've had at least 5 more chapters to finish, it was like she just wanted to finish the book.

But aside from that, the series was different, and pretty good. Hopefully it'll get the fame that Twilight/HP did. But it deserves it. These three, Jennifer, Lia, and Josh are going to be EVERYWHERE.

Does anyone else think that Evandro Soldati would be a good Finnick? I know Evandro isn't an actor, but that's the image that came to my head when they were explaining Finnick.

12-03-2012
tfs star

12-03-2012
tfs star

Here's Peeta's interview scene:
http://colferrr.tumblr.com/post/1917...etas-interview

Any doubt I had in him as Peeta is gone. He delivered every line perfectly, just like I imagined it.
This movie truly looks like it's gonna be absolutely fantastic.

12-03-2012
tfs star

12-03-2012
windowshopping

the interview is just ... WOW ...

However, after just finishing reading the third book I am still considering if I will go see the movies at all

12-03-2012
backstage pass

I read on tumblr that today is the premiere, is there going to be a live-stream?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
games, hunger, thread