How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

09-04-2011
fashion icon

^ lol I thought Josh had blue eyes. Clearly I'm not looking well enough.
I don't think Hunter has a stocky build though. I think he's more lean than Josh.
I forgot about the hair color though. So I wonder if this means Josh will have to dye his hair blonde?

09-04-2011
V.I.P.

^i hope so. i hate when they don't follow the book's descriptions, especially when it's as simple as a change of hair-color. in the percy jackson books the girl is blonde, in the movie she's a brunette
jennifer obviously needs to change her look as well. i still have a little hope in the movie, but the casting is terrible

V.I.P.

oh i have no doubts in Jennifer's ability to transform - it's her main as from the sleeve in the industry and among her acting peers next to her talent. she's a kind of actress who you don't recognize from one movie to another while watching until you see the credits. she'll do just fine, in my opinion.

V.I.P.

It doesn't really bother me if the characters don't have the same physical characteristics as in the books, especially if those characteristics aren't an important part of the storyline or an important part of who the character is. For example, if the Weasleys in Harry Potter had not been redheads...that would have been a problem. If Hermione had been blonde=problem.

As far as the Hunger Games goes, I think they will dye Jennifer and Liam's hair, but I have a feeling they will have Josh keep his brown hair and brown eyes.
That doesn't bother me too much, because I hate it when actors where wigs and contacts in movies, because you can always tell it's a wig and it's distracting. Plus, I don't think Peeta's hair/eye color are that big of a deal.
His defining trait is his charismatic personality, so as long as Josh lands that I will be good.
The same goes for Gale...I hope Liam gets his defiant/brave personality down.

18-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:

The Hunger Games adaptation has already found its District 12 tributes in Jennifer Lawrence (Katniss) and Josh Hutcherson (Peeta). Now, Lionsgate has set its sights on District 11: EW has confirmed exclusively that the studio has cast Hollywood newcomers Dayo Okeniyi and Amanda Stenberg as Thresh and Rue in the adaptation of the Suzanne Collins trilogy, directed by Gary Ross. Okeniyi, playing the intimidatingly strong tribute, has appeared in a short called Eyes to See and an upcoming horror film, Slew Hampshire. Stenberg, who is on board as Katniss’ arena ally Rue, has roles in the September’s Colombiana and the telefilm Taste of Romance.

The Hunger Games is due to release March 23, 2012.

Desperate to find out who makes up the rest of the tribute cast? You can check the progress of Lionsgate’s casting via the studio’s Hunger Games Tributes Casting Tab on Facebook. (A sneak peek of what to expect below.) And to get a look at all characters cast so far, check out EW’s Hunger Games cast gallery.
ew via ontd

V.I.P.

^it´s nice that they´re casting newcomers.
Thanks for the info, alvie

what do you guys think? LOL
Josh rendered as Peeta
Mockingjay.net, done by user Prim-Everdeen via FB

Last edited by kokobombon; 18-04-2011 at 02:49 PM.
19-04-2011
V.I.P.

i still don't like Josh, since seeing him at Coachella it's even worse
and even Gale isn't an option now that that ugly dude is playing him

more casting news
Quote:

“The Hunger Games” news is coming fast now as May 23 draws nearer, and today, Deadline reports that up and coming actress Leven Rambin has been set for the role of Glimmer, the District 1 Tribute who comes face to face with Jennifer Lawrence’s Katniss in the arena. Joining Rambin and Lawrence in the arena are Josh Hutcherson as Peeta Mellark, Katniss’s fellow District 12 Tribute and love interest, and newcomers Dayo Okeniyi and Amandla Stenberg as Thresh and Rue, the Tributes from District 11.

The Gary Ross directed teen action pic, adapted from the first of Suzanne Collins’ best-selling trilogy, sees 24 kids selected by random draw and forced into an arena fight to the death where only one can survive and be the victor. Outside the arena, Katniss’s circle of friends and foes also include Liam Hemsworth as her best friend Gale, Elizabeth Banks as Effie, Katniss and Peeta’s chaperone and many characters still to be cast, including Haymitch, Katniss and Peeta’s alcoholic mentor and Prim, Katniss’s younger sister.

Rambin, primarily a TV actress, has appeared on shows ranging from “All My Children” to “Grey’s Anatomy” to “One Tree Hill” and Disney’s “Sonny with a Chance”. She was last seen on the big screen in 2010 indie “Case 219″.
upandcomers.net via ontd

Quote:

Elizabeth Banks is in talks to star in “Hunger Games” as Effie Trinket, the flighty bureaucrat who wrangles the young death-match contestants to their fates, Variety's Justin Kroll (@krolljvar) exclusively reports
showblitz via ontd

V.I.P.

I remember Rambin from Grey´s Anatomy, she wasn´t bad...
I like Banks as Effie
Who´s Jack Quaid? I can´t find him on imdb... is he related to Dennis?

Last edited by kokobombon; 19-04-2011 at 04:58 PM.
19-04-2011
V.I.P.

^he's Meg Ryan's and Dennis Quaid's son (i never knew Meg had any kids)

V.I.P.

^I didn't know they had a kid together! WTF!??! That was my reaction when I found out who he was. So shocked.

But so far the casting for the tributes is good. I really like the girl they cast as Rue.
She's perfect and so adorable!
However, Josh as Peeta (he looks like an idiot with blond hair/blue eyes)...I still don't see it. Not even CLOSE to what I imagined.

19-04-2011
PrettySmileyStew ♥

im just wondering what the hype about this book is...
i havent read them, so im not really 100% sure on what its about, but i hear and read so much about it..

20-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:

Lionsgate’s Hunger Games movie has found Katniss’ younger sister, Primrose Everdeen.

Newcomer Willow Shields (In Plain Sight) has landed the role, nicknamed Prim in the books, the studio announced Wednesday. The actress joins Jennifer Lawrence as Katniss, Josh Hutcherson as Peeta and Liam Hemsworth as Gale.
Prim plays a pivotal role in the first book of the Hunger Games trilogy that leads to Katniss’ harrowing ways.
In addition, four tributes have been cast: Jack Quaid and Leven Rambin will play District 1’s Marvel and Glimmer, and Dayo Okeniyi and Amandla Stenberg will portray District 11’s Thresh and Rue.

Elizabeth Banks is also in talks to join the Gary Ross-directed project as Katniss’ handler Effie Trinket.
Hunger Games will be produced by Nina Jacobson and Color Force. It will be released on the big screen March 23, 2012.

Shields can be seen in the upcoming CBS telefilm Beyond the Blackboard, airing Sunday.
hollywoodreporter via ontd

V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet87 View Post
^I didn't know they had a kid together! WTF!??! That was my reaction when I found out who he was. So shocked.

But so far the casting for the tributes is good. I really like the girl they cast as Rue.
She's perfect and so adorable!
However, Josh as Peeta (he looks like an idiot with blond hair/blue eyes)...I still don't see it. Not even CLOSE to what I imagined.
Considering Meg and Quaid were more than 10 years together and they were rarely papped without their kid in tow - that fact isn't THAT unknown.

Colour- it's a good trilogy to read, imo nothing groundbreaking, bit interesting, fun and a powerful girl's in center of the story which is nice.

Last edited by dajrekshn; 20-04-2011 at 04:03 PM.
20-04-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colourmefashion View Post
im just wondering what the hype about this book is...
i havent read them, so im not really 100% sure on what its about, but i hear and read so much about it..
I'll give a brief summary. It's set in a post-apocalyptic America.
The United States now consists of 13 districts that are controlled by a dictator known as the Capitol.
Long ago, there was a revolution and District 13 was destroyed. To punish the rest of the districts for this revolution, the capital forces them to choose two children (between the ages of 12 and 17) every year (a male and a female) to represent each district in a tournament known as The Hunger Games. Those chosen are called tributes. In the Hunger Games, the tributes are thrown into a location and forced to fight to the death until only ONE (one out of 24) is left. This Hunger Games tournament is taped and broadcast into the homes of all those back in the districts, so that they can watch their loved ones kill and possibly be killed...it's pretty brutal.

The series is told from the point of view of a 16 year old girl named Katniss, who finds herself fighting in The Hunger Games with a guy named Peeta who she's known since she was 9 or 10, but never really spoken to.

It's pretty interesting. The author's creativity is impressive....sorry this wasn't that brief.

20-04-2011
V.I.P.

The girl playing Prim reminds me of model Tetyana Melnychuk

nymag.com

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
games, hunger, thread