How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

06-03-2013
fashion insider

I really love the portraits. Katniss' dress is beautiful and Lenny is really hot as Cinna.

06-03-2013
fashion icon

Joanna Mason

Beetee

meangirlsofpanem.tumblr.com

What I've noticed is that, so far, the contestants of the 75th Quarter Quell have all been seated or posed with the same, rather plain chair. I wonder if that symbolizes something? It's a sort of stark difference from the opulence of their outfits. Also, of course, they have been holding white roses, which are President Snow's favorite and hold quite a lot of symbolism in the books.

fashion icon

Double post, sorry, but I wanted to share the pictures that were just released.
Peeta Mellark

My first thought when I saw this picture was that Peeta looks like he's wearing white uggs.

Gale Hawthorne

Finnick Odair

So while Finnick is attractive I just can't help but think that they went terribly wrong with his outfit. He looks like a pirate. A sexy pirate, but a pirate nonetheless.

*all sourced from... meangirlsofpanem.tumblr.com

Last edited by YoninahAliza; 07-03-2013 at 07:46 PM.
10-04-2013
V.I.P.

The trailer for Catching Fire will be released this Sunday (April 14th) during the MTV Movie Awards starting at 8PM/ Eastern.

The website is releasing images of Catching Fire was people hashtag http://hungergamesexplorer.com/

A very short teaser has been released but not much is in it.

10-04-2013
V.I.P.

Oh and
Quote:
Lionsgate announced that it will split the third installment of the series, Mockingjay, into two films, releasing Part 1 on November 21, 2014, and Part 2 on November 20, 2015.
insidemovies.ew

Last edited by heelscatchfire; 10-04-2013 at 04:49 PM.

10-04-2013
fashion icon

I really don't like this trend of splitting the final book in a series into two parts, it's just so silly in most cases (except for Harry Potter...I can see why from an aesthetic point why they would do it, there was so much to cover for the epic finale). Why can't movies be longer? Seriously, they should just add an intermission in the middle of the film and then play the rest of it afterwards, tons of Bollywood films do things like that, and it seems to work well. I'm sure the films will be good either way, looking forward to seeing the trailer on Sunday!

V.I.P.

Facebook /The Hunger Games

I'm not to excited by the splitting of the films either. Its just a way for them to make more money. I don't think its necessary like it was for Harry Potter.

Last edited by heelscatchfire; 10-04-2013 at 08:33 PM.

11-04-2013
windowshopping

I'm in 2 minds whether it's good or bad ... the third book was so different in terms of the others. so many things happen yet katniss is not "in" them anymore...maybe they'll make that diff in the movies.

11-04-2013
fashion insider

I actually think with a few tweaks Mockingjay part 1 and 2 could be the best parts even though they do not need to split it into 2. I'm probably in the minority but it is not as bad as nearly everyone thinks. I really liked how bleak and hopeless everything was.

14-04-2013
tfs star

fashion icon

I'm really thrilled by this trailer because I love the way it sets up the film. And I love the addition of having Snow and the Gamekeeper discussing Katniss and the other tributes and the dangers which they present; hope for the people. Some might not agree but I think that those scenes are a brilliant addition and make the story far more powerful. Also, while I was a tad disappointed that we didn't see Finnick I think it was a good move on the directors part not to show him. This trailer was all about the hope that Katniss sparked and the rebellion too.

backstage pass

Can anyone id Katniss and Peeta's outfit? I only recognize Alexander McQueen FW 2012 on Effie. Thx

facebook.com/thehungergamesmovie

15-04-2013
backstage pass

OMFG, this trailer gave me goosebumps. I can't wait.
I know that splitting a book into two movies is annoying but on the other hand we get more hunger games though the finale would be really intense and unforgettable if they did just one film. I don't know if it's good or bad. I guess we'll see.

15-04-2013
fashion insider

The cinematography is wonderful and it looks like it will a better film than the first one. I have to say that Jennifer and Liam have so much more on-screen chemistry than Jennifer and Josh do. I did not get the Peeta/Katniss thing in the books and I definitely don't get it in the films.

15-04-2013
windowshopping

This will be even better than the first one!!!! The people behind this franchise really know what they are doing. I totally like the scene additions with snow & co. They show all the things I missed in the book because it was just from Katniss' perspective.

I can'T wait.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
games, hunger, thread