How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

04-05-2011
V.I.P.

Garret Hedlund is my Finnick. And Elle Fanning is my Prim, Saoirse Ronan is my Madge and J.D Pardo is my Gale.

04-05-2011
V.I.P.

I pictured someone like Max Irons as Finnick.

But I'm looking forward to see who they cast as President Snow, since he's a main character.
Someone like Kevin Spacey would be perfect, but I've heard Stanly Tucci may have gotten the part.

zimbio

09-05-2011
I love you too

I've read all 3 books in 2 days So good, so heartbreaking, so emotional and so cruel.
Looking at the cast... So not good It made me so mad!

09-05-2011
V.I.P.

^Yeah I get what you mean. I only like the castibg of Thresh, Rue and Effie.

So Wes Bentley got cast as Seneca Crane.

10-05-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
It looks like 'The Hunger Games' has found its host. According to Entertainment Weekly, Stanley Tucci has signed up for the much buzzed-about film to play the role of Caesar Flickerman.

Tucci, who starred alongside Anne Hathaway in 'The Devil Wears Prada,' will surely delight fans of the bestselling Suzanne Collins novel in the role of Flickerman.

The character, who acts as the smooth-talking host of the Hunger Games, is described in the book as having powder blue hair, lips, and eyelids while decked out in a flashing blue suit. We're sure wardrobe will have a fun time with him.

Tucci is just the latest actor to join what is shaping up to be a star-studded film adaptation of the popular teen book. Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth and Elizabeth Banks have all signed on to the project. Funnyman John C. Reilly is also in talks to join the film.
Production on 'The Hunger Games' is set to begin this month and the film is slated for a March 2012 release.
popeater

10-05-2011
fashion icon

Stanley Tucci?? Holy sh!t the casting just got better!

V.I.P.

More casting news from Entertainment Weekly...I've forgotten who a lot of these characters are.

Image Credit: Fotonoticias/WireImage.com
Quote:
'Hunger Games': Wes Bentley is Seneca Crane
by Kate Ward
Thought today would just bring more Hunger Games tributes casting? Nope! Lionsgate announced a biggie today: American Beauty star Wes Bentley has been tapped to play Seneca Crane, the 74th Hunger Games Head Gamemaker. Crane oversees the games themselves, and makes a decision at the end of the first book that sets the course for Suzanne Collins’ dystopian trilogy.

Bentley, who has been amping up his movie work since taking a short break in the mid-2000s, appeared in Jonah Hex last year. The actor joins Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson, Elizabeth Banks, Liam Hemsworth, Paula Malcomson, Willow Shields, and several unknown actors playing tributes in the film. The Hunger Games directed by Gary Ross, will be in theaters March 23, 2012.
entertainmentweekly

Last edited by sobriquet87; 10-05-2011 at 02:05 PM.
10-05-2011
V.I.P.

^yeah, me too. i def have to re-read the book before the first movie comes out

10-05-2011
V.I.P.

I always thought Seneca Crane was an old man... he´s the one that decides that both Katniss and Peeta can win at the end of book one. He´s dead by book two...

10-05-2011
V.I.P.

I actually pictured him to look just like Wes Bentley.
If I remember correctly, he's described as being somewhat young with dark hair and glasses.

11-05-2011
tfs star

hmm.. not happy at all with the casting of katniss. imo, jennifer lawrence does not at all come off 'tough' or strong like i'd imagine katnis..

i definitely would vote that they had chosen troian bellisario as katniss instead..

still pretty, but i'd probably think twice before messing with her

V.I.P.

Image Credit: Paul Morigi/WireImage.com
Quote:
'The Hunger Games' finally gets its Haymitch: Woody Harrelson
by Adam B. Vary
At long last, The Hunger Games‘ director Gary Ross has found his Haymitch Abernathy: Actor Woody Harrelson (Zombieland, 2012) will play the crucial role of the only living resident of District 12 ever to win the titular to-the-death games and the mentor to current District 12 tributes Katniss (Jennifer Lawrence) and Peeta (Josh Hutcherson). Initially a burnt-out drunk, Haymitch ultimately begins to see to Katniss and Peeta as his poverty-stricken district’s best hope for winning the games.

“Haymitch is such an unforgettable character: funny cranky outrageous, sarcastic, impatient, biting but ultimately kind,” Ross said in a statement. “I’m so grateful we have Woody Harrelson to play him. I can’t wait for us to get to work.”

Harrelson joins Lawrence, Hutcherson, Liam Hemsworth, Elizabeth Banks, Wes Bentley, and Stanley Tucci in the highly anticipated adaptation of Suzanne Collins’ best-selling thriller. The production will officially start this month, and is due in theaters March 23, 2012.

entertainmentweekly

11-05-2011
I love you too

supermodel you're so right about Troian being a perfect face for Katniss! I don't know if she has a skills to play that role, but she definetly has the right look!

11-05-2011
V.I.P.

although i agree that Troian looks right, she's way too old. how old is she, in her late 20s? she doesn't have that youthfulness imo (neither does Jennifer)
don't like Woody as Haymitch

11-05-2011
I love you too

^ I think she is 24. But to be honest she can look 16 for me ) The more I look at her, more I find in her my Katniss

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
games, hunger, thread