I'm Going To Europe For A Holiday... - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
22-06-2004
rising star

European outlets have caused me to dread one thing about my lovely vacation that's coming up. I cannot use so many things!

For those of you that are familiar with such a problem or have any kind of resolution to this little quandry of mine, please let me know! Is there any kind of "adapter" i can get that will change the outlet from the european kind to the kind in the U.S.?

Help me!!

22-06-2004
trendsetter

Most hotels should have so-called universal adapters. Otherwise I don't know. Hope I was of some help at least.

22-06-2004
V.I.P.

You can buy little adaptors at the airport, or in electrical stores, just tell the clerk what you need and he'll(or she''ll) get you something.

You need to get an outlet that converts 240volts into 110 (i think). Ask for US to euro adapter at the electrical store

22-06-2004
rising star

thank you so much! I've stayed in hotels in europe that have both outlets, but my mom told me (since we're also going to Africa...) that I won't be able to use my hairdryer. Thank you!

23-06-2004
V.I.P.

You're welcome, and you can get an adapter that works for africa too, they dont cost much, they sell them in loads of places, even in the airport

23-06-2004
front row

where you going in europe? the outlets are different in the UK and Ireland than they are in the rest of Europe.

23-06-2004
yes

i bought a universal adapter when i was in belgium for about 5 euros

you can use it anywhere in the world its like a rubix cube, it has different pins on all sides so you just plus your equiptment in depending on what fits in where

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
europe, holiday, i'm