How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Caf / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-06-2009
The future is stupid

Alexa looked good... but I thought the show was crap.

01-07-2009
oh! darling

The show is still crap. It's so silly. Not in a good way.

I'm watching the Sean William Scott episode, and all they are doing are Facebook Truth or Dare. He is now moon walking with a chicken on his head. DUMB. I'm sure Alexa would have wanted to do something better than what MTV is probably FORCING her to do.

Soviet Camaro

Are they pointing a gun at her head, or just stacks of money?

she had boys in her room

I only watch for Alexa - it's a silly show, but she's so charming and adorable on it.

19-10-2009
she had boys in her room

Quote:
On October 19th, Alexa Chung returns to the MTV airwaves at her new time, 3:30PM ET/PT, for a new season of “It’s On with Alexa Chung.” A huge first week of celebrity guests and musical performances kicks off on Monday afternoon with actor (and fellow 2009 MTV Video Music Awards presenter) Gerard Butler, Gossip Girl’s Jessica Szohr, and a live performance from Tokio Hotel.

Throughout the week, viewers will be treated to appearances from a number of music’s biggest artists, including Shakira, Alicia Keys and Paramore, who will grace Alexa’s couch along with Gossip Girl Michelle Trachtenberg, plus a performance from Mario to close out the week. Alexa also leaves the studio for a chat at Chelsea Piers with John Mayer about his new album, what he’d like to do with one of his Grammy’s and a head-to-head game of “Would You Rather.”
mtv.com

21-10-2009
she had boys in her room

The first season worked much better, I don't understand why they've made so many changes.

21-10-2009
backstage pass

what's different this season?

21-10-2009
front row

poor Alexa she was better here in England i feel sorry for her she probably thought America would be her big break doing MTV and that but nope shes getting screwed over

its still cool that she was signed with Storm models though

24-10-2009
she had boys in her room

^ I think the MTV show has been her big break, she's a lot more famous now. I never thought she would do so well in America. She's signed to Next Models now, she was with Storm in her late teens

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicestthing View Post
what's different this season?
It's only half an hour long, there's a new set and they've dropped the (best) segment with a pop culture commentator.

Next week's schedule

Quote:
Monday
The incredible hulk himself -Ed Norton- is here. Plus, City boss lady, Kelly Cutrone, dishes some gossip before the indie rockers of Florence & The Machine perform live.

Tuesday
Alexa's visited by Katie Featherston and Micah Sloat of Paranormal Activity. And with them? Your worst nightmare...

Wednesday
Alexa chats up hip-hop master Snoop Doggy Dogg and KW the Wild Thing (aka Lauren Ambrose)!

Thursday
Film and stage star Julia Stiles stops by. Plus, designer Rachel Antonoff reveals her costume picks for this Halloween.

Last edited by DiamondSea; 24-10-2009 at 08:53 AM.
31-10-2009
she had boys in her room

Schedule
Quote:
Monday
V-star Scott Wolf and Alexa-fav Michelle Collins stop by. Plus, the power rockers of Weezer perform live.

Tuesday
Get ready to go GaGa! That's right - the Lady herself is here. And if that's not enough - the cast of Glee brings music to our ears...

Wednesday
Alexa chats up stand-up comedian/actor Dane Cook and the Precious Gabby Sidibe.

Thursday
"Get Up" everybody - 50 Cent's at It's On. Plus, Alexa spends some time with Jim "Scrooge" Carrey and pro snowboarder/skateboarder Shaun White.
mtv.com

04-11-2009
fashion elite

is it possible to download or watch the HOLE interview with gaga?

front row

the show got cancelled

12-12-2009
V.I.P.

I read that a few days ago, kind of a bummer, except for the fact that MTV is such a s*it network so she's better off elsewhere. I did like her show though, I don't think her sense of humor was that special as people made it up to be, I just loved that you could relate to her approach in interviews, she wasn't your typical 'omg how are you, hun! you look sooo HOOOT!' kind of host and instead has a tendency to create awkward moments that are often funny.. but I guess that might've rubbed people the wrong way, especially with guests that were obviously a bit uncomfortable about not having to put a face and pretend that they're friends. I dunno.. I liked her but MTV is too infiltrated with a certain kind of culture involving The Hills and viewers that wished they were in The Hills so.. perhaps she could score something in some other less-decadent network.

she had boys in her room

MTV I have no idea why they changed the first season's format - it worked well. If they wanted to improve ratings, they should have moved the show to a tea-time slot instead of airing it when kids were on the school bus.

From Entertainment Weekly

Quote:
Dear TV industry, please give Alexa Chung a job!

Its been a sad couple of days for those of us who loyally tuned in for Its On with Alexa Chung: the show has been cancelled by MTV. Its last episode will air next week. The show itself always seemed to be a work in progress and a tad sloppy but Chung, herself, is a natural TV star. Somebody better snatch this lady up before she hops on a plane and heads back home to the UK.

Chung is funny, warm, lively, and interested in her guests. So many on-air folks seem completely checked out during their interviews, while Chung always appears to be listening and engaged. Personally, Id love to see her energy on a show like The View which has really no young voice on its panel. Or shed be a great gal to add to The Today Show or even Good Morning, America, which is shaking up its host line-up. Need proof? Watch her joyous interview with Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe below.

In any case, Chung is too much of a talent to let go. Somebody please hire this woman! Its the holidays, after all!

What do you think Alexa Chung should do, PopWatchers? Is The View a good option? Is there a different show she could join?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
alexa, chung