How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
15-01-2010
  151
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
ahhhh thank you thank you! I slept too early last night to watch their live debut!! I was just about to go look for it, but thanks so much for posting their live debut!
It was great! AH go C.N. Blue! (They looked a little nervous though but it's alright!) I'm sure first performances are very nerve-wrecking! WHOA! They did an awesome job and what a catchy song!

Yes, My Name is Kim Samsoon is great. The drama is awesome and I'm sure many girls can relate to the main character. The guy (Hyunbin) is very attractive also! Nice style too.

  Reply With Quote
 
15-01-2010
  152
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: VA
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,317
I have a few more episodes of My Name is Kim Sam Soon and I'm dyyyiiinnggg dyyyiinnggg to finish it already. Haha.

It's kinda interesting to see the difference between the male actors from a few years ago and the male actors now. The male actors then look more manly. Now they look like ummmm.... "grown up boys", with an emphasis on the word "boys". I guess it's the trend and thank goodness for that since I still look like I should be in middle school, lmfao.

  Reply With Quote
15-01-2010
  153
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
I have a few more episodes of My Name is Kim Sam Soon and I'm dyyyiiinnggg dyyyiinnggg to finish it already. Haha.

It's kinda interesting to see the difference between the male actors from a few years ago and the male actors now. The male actors then look more manly. Now they look like ummmm.... "grown up boys", with an emphasis on the word "boys". I guess it's the trend and thank goodness for that since I still look like I should be in middle school, lmfao.
LOL! You're almost finished? You are crazy, but crazy in a good way!!
I wish I could get through dramas in a few days, but it's kind of hard for me since I end up fast forwarding and missing out on the important stuff.
I'm so glad you're enjoying it! The acting is so natural in it so it helps!

I think the reason why the male actors then seemed more manly was because their acting was a lot better in my opinion. I mean, nowadays, the acting seems to come second to the looks and well... lots of the new faces these days are pretty faces (which I don't mind ) but sometimes the acting is just not all there. But I also think it's a trend since we definitely saw this in Boys Over Flowers (kkotminam = pretty boys). I personally liked the more masculine figures in the older dramas. Maybe that's why I like them better than the newer ones these days.

Anyways, looks like you have to figure out what you're going to watch next!

  Reply With Quote
15-01-2010
  154
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: VA
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkmin90 View Post
LOL! You're almost finished? You are crazy, but crazy in a good way!!
I wish I could get through dramas in a few days, but it's kind of hard for me since I end up fast forwarding and missing out on the important stuff.
I'm so glad you're enjoying it! The acting is so natural in it so it helps!

I think the reason why the male actors then seemed more manly was because their acting was a lot better in my opinion. I mean, nowadays, the acting seems to come second to the looks and well... lots of the new faces these days are pretty faces (which I don't mind ) but sometimes the acting is just not all there. But I also think it's a trend since we definitely saw this in Boys Over Flowers (kkotminam = pretty boys). I personally liked the more masculine figures in the older dramas. Maybe that's why I like them better than the newer ones these days.

Anyways, looks like you have to figure out what you're going to watch next!
Yup, I have like 6 more episodes to go. I'll probably finish them tonight or early tomorrow morning. Thank goodness for weekends!

I know! Even the female actresses now look like "girls". Ehhhh. I guess it's the obsession with youth, but it doesn't really work with very mature story lines. And some more womanly/manly looking actors/actresses actually look young. Have you seen Kim Bum lately? He looks very tired and look very old compared to about a year ago. And it didn't help that he slimmed down without even getting alot of muscle mass. Thank goodness BOF had a very light and fun story line or else it wouldn't make sense; except whenever the boys would yell at each other or fight it was kinda funny because you can tell they don't want to make ugly faces. In You're Beautiful the boys were wearing more makeup than the girls, haha.

Seriously, My Girl alone had better acting than BOF, You're Beautiful, Dream, and Shining Inheritance all combined. And the story lines then were so much better.

I know! I have nothing on my list right now that I can watch! I have 6hours to figure it out. And I have to find a place to download them. I hate it when websites use megaupload because the download limit is soooo strict that I can only download one episode every 2 hours. Wished more sites would use mediafire, I can practically download a whole series in less than 3 hours. Haha.

  Reply With Quote
15-01-2010
  155
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
Hmmm! We gotta find a good drama for you to watch after Kim Samsoon! What kind of drama are you in the mood for? Something more serious? Something light? Melodramatic? A little bit of everything? HAHA. I feel like a chef right now. "A pinch of this and a little bit of that?"

I think you'll have more luck with the older dramas since you want to download dramas. I have some dramas in mind right now.... Just want to hear what you're in the mood for now. ^o^

  Reply With Quote
15-01-2010
  156
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: VA
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkmin90 View Post
Hmmm! We gotta find a good drama for you to watch after Kim Samsoon! What kind of drama are you in the mood for? Something more serious? Something light? Melodramatic? A little bit of everything? HAHA. I feel like a chef right now. "A pinch of this and a little bit of that?"

I think you'll have more luck with the older dramas since you want to download dramas. I have some dramas in mind right now.... Just want to hear what you're in the mood for now. ^o^
I'm in the mood for more romantic dramas.

I don't care if it's comedy or completely melodramatic, as long as it has romance written all over it. I like seeing people cry. If that makes me a bad person, then so be it.

After watching a lot of dramas, I have to say MBC has the worse dramas currently. And their the guiltiest of using idol singers (especially from boy bands) to attract viewers.

  Reply With Quote
15-01-2010
  157
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
I'm in the mood for more romantic dramas.

I don't care if it's comedy or completely melodramatic, as long as it has romance written all over it. I like seeing people cry. If that makes me a bad person, then so be it.

After watching a lot of dramas, I have to say MBC has the worse dramas currently. And their the guiltiest of using idol singers (especially from boy bands) to attract viewers.
Leeroi, you must watch Winter Sonata. It's very romantic and it's a classic. I think most korean drama lovers have seen this or will need to see it once in their life. It was such a hit and there are still some people raving about it. Also, I think you will like Lovers in Paris. But I would check out Winter Sonata first. There's a lot of crying in it and it's ooooh so good.


Last edited by parkmin90; 15-01-2010 at 10:40 PM.
  Reply With Quote
15-01-2010
  158
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
The saddest korean drama I've seen was Glass Slippers (2002). It's really old I know, but it was sooo sad. I cried so much.

  Reply With Quote
15-01-2010
  159
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: VA
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,317
I watched Winter Sonata and Lovers in Paris last year, but I wasn't obsessed with dramas then. I kinda watched them to pass time so I can't really remember anything from them.

The main girl in Winter Sonata was in Stairway to Heaven right? Oh man, she made me cry a lot. Like a whole lot. And it made it worse because the illness she had in Stairway to Heaven is similar to what my grandmother died from last month and it didn't help that I watched Stairway to Heaven a week before. I still rewatch the last few episodes of Stairway to Heaven and never can have a dry eye, seriously. It's probably the best drama of all time.

  Reply With Quote
15-01-2010
  160
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
I watched Winter Sonata and Lovers in Paris last year, but I wasn't obsessed with dramas then. I kinda watched them to pass time so I can't really remember anything from them.

The main girl in Winter Sonata was in Stairway to Heaven right? Oh man, she made me cry a lot. Like a whole lot. And it made it worse because the illness she had in Stairway to Heaven is similar to what my grandmother died from last month and it didn't help that I watched Stairway to Heaven a week before. I still rewatch the last few episodes of Stairway to Heaven and never can have a dry eye, seriously. It's probably the best drama of all time.
Hmm. If you've already seen Winter Sonata.. have you seen Autumn Story? (It's old). Song Hye Gyo from Full House is in it and she's so young in Autumn Story! Have you seen I'm Sorry, I Love You? Snow Queen? Well, I didn't really like Snow Queen, but it was sad. Those are all sad. I can list more, but these are a good amount of sadness.

Yes, the main girl, Choi Ji Woo from Winter Sonata was in Stairway to Heaven. It is a great drama-- both of them. She really knows how to cry.

  Reply With Quote
15-01-2010
  161
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: VA
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,317
I think it's safe to say that if a drama doesn't make you cry, then it's not a good drama. Hahaha. Seriously, all the GREAT ones I've watched just a bout either made me piss on my pants or cry to death.

I haven't watched Autumn Story, I'm Sorry I Love You, and Snow Queen. I'm going to look those up.

  Reply With Quote
15-01-2010
  162
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
I think it's safe to say that if a drama doesn't make you cry, then it's not a good drama. Hahaha. Seriously, all the GREAT ones I've watched just a bout either made me piss on my pants or cry to death.

I haven't watched Autumn Story, I'm Sorry I Love You, and Snow Queen. I'm going to look those up.
Autumn Story was the first of the 4 seasons installment (Autumn Story, Winter Sonata, Spring Waltz, and Summer Scent). I recommend Spring Waltz as well. It's not terribly sad, but Han Hyo Joo is in it (actress from Shining Inheritance) and I really liked the storyline of the drama. Autumn Story was basically the drama that pretty much started the whole hype of these series! Winter Sonata made it internationally accepted.

I'm Sorry, I Love You is similar to A Love to Kill as it is just depressing from beginning to end. Snow Queen also has a depressing storyline, but acting is somewhat mediocre. They are all highly recommended dramas though.

  Reply With Quote
15-01-2010
  163
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: VA
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,317
A Love to Kill was too depressing for me to watch through, and not a good depressing either. The mood was depressing, the setting was depressing, the music was depressing.... even when the vegetables rolled down the steps looked depressing, cause i wanted to eat it. But Rain does know how to act. But I ended up having to fast forward a lot of scenes because it was just too melodramatic. Same for Let's go to School, Sang Doo. I think Rain should have stayed with the romantic comedies because he has a great personality that really shines when he's "happy". He did and still do look very "boy-ish" so it's kinda hard to see him acting all manly and stuff. Have you seen Ninja Assassin? Ugghh. It was too bloody. Haha.

I always wondered if those dramas had something to do with each other. Haha. I was like, Autumn, Winter, Spring, Summer? Weeeiirrrdd. I'm going to find Spring Waltz, the leads are really interesting.

  Reply With Quote
16-01-2010
  164
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
A Love to Kill was too depressing for me to watch through, and not a good depressing either. The mood was depressing, the setting was depressing, the music was depressing.... even when the vegetables rolled down the steps looked depressing, cause i wanted to eat it. But Rain does know how to act. But I ended up having to fast forward a lot of scenes because it was just too melodramatic. Same for Let's go to School, Sang Doo. I think Rain should have stayed with the romantic comedies because he has a great personality that really shines when he's "happy". He did and still do look very "boy-ish" so it's kinda hard to see him acting all manly and stuff. Have you seen Ninja Assassin? Ugghh. It was too bloody. Haha.

I always wondered if those dramas had something to do with each other. Haha. I was like, Autumn, Winter, Spring, Summer? Weeeiirrrdd. I'm going to find Spring Waltz, the leads are really interesting.
HAHA. Yeah. I think the producer/director is the same for the 4 seasons installment? I forgot which one it was, but they're all related. It's funny because the main lead in Autumn (Song Seung Hun) was also the main lead in Summer Scent. The director must have loved him.
Spring Waltz was good in my opinion, but I've had some different opinions from some of my other friends. I liked the storyline, but I wouldn't say it's really realistic. HAHA. Okay... that's enough of me talking about it because I don't want to spoil it for anyone. But definitely look into it.

I had to stop watching A Love to Kill because of it's somber mood from the beginning and on. I don't think I ever saw any sunlight in that drama. And I mean literally! HAHA. It was so dark.
I haven't seen Ninja Assassin yet, but I did hear about how gory it was! EEEK!

  Reply With Quote
18-01-2010
  165
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: VA
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,317
It was very bloody! Right from the beginning. I kept cursing throughout the whole movie, hahah. Good thing no one in the theatre minded.

I couldn't find Spring Waltz. Ugh! But I did find a drama that I've always wanted to watch! BEETHOVEN VIRUS!

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
entertainers, entertainment, korean
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 AM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.