How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

19-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
It was very bloody! Right from the beginning. I kept cursing throughout the whole movie, hahah. Good thing no one in the theatre minded.

I couldn't find Spring Waltz. Ugh! But I did find a drama that I've always wanted to watch! BEETHOVEN VIRUS!
Oh yeah. That's what I heard. I'm not too crazy about gory movies. Maybe I'll have to save that for sometime later since Rain was in it and all.

No Spring Waltz? I'm sure it's out there somewhere!
But in the meantime... Beethoven Virus is an awesome choice!!!!!!! Jang Geun Suk looks so different and his character is more mature in this drama. I really like the acting from everyone (especially Kim Myung Min- the conductor)!

19-01-2010
trendsetter

Yes, he looks very different in Beethoven Virus. But I remember seeing an interview where he said he had to lose massive amounts of weight to play the role in You're Beautiful; rumors we can't say here also started.

I'm on the 2nd episode and I'm already liking the cast and the story; plus it doesn't look fake when they're playing the instruments. Haha. I remember in BOF whenever Ji Hoo played the violin, I would be laughing at how fake it looked and serious he looked. Haha.

19-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Yes, he looks very different in Beethoven Virus. But I remember seeing an interview where he said he had to lose massive amounts of weight to play the role in You're Beautiful; rumors we can't say here also started.

I'm on the 2nd episode and I'm already liking the cast and the story; plus it doesn't look fake when they're playing the instruments. Haha. I remember in BOF whenever Ji Hoo played the violin, I would be laughing at how fake it looked and serious he looked. Haha.
Jang Geun Suk had to lose 20 pounds for You're Beautiful! He was soooo skinny in You're Beautiful. He's got more of a tougher vibe in Beethoven Virus. It's nice to see different sides of him!

Beethoven Virus has its funny moments and there's an episode that I was tearing up like crazy in... I'm sure when you get to it, you'll see what I mean. It was really emotional and I just couldn't hold myself.

20-01-2010
®

they're having reruns of Boys Over Flowers! It had such amazing reception a local channel decided to do a primetime rerun. I'm still in love with the story...

But I think Meteor Garden was waaaaay better. I would, like, freak out if I missed one episode back then. And up to now.. Shan Cai and Dao Ming Si still makes my heart a-flutter.

trendsetter

I just recently moved into a boarding house and I'm having internet problems so I haven't been able to download new episodes of Beethoven Virus. Uggghhh! I'm stuck at episode 10. I guess I'll re-watch some old dramas for the time being.

20-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmLordZen View Post
they're having reruns of Boys Over Flowers! It had such amazing reception a local channel decided to do a primetime rerun. I'm still in love with the story...

But I think Meteor Garden was waaaaay better. I would, like, freak out if I missed one episode back then. And up to now.. Shan Cai and Dao Ming Si still makes my heart a-flutter.
Ah I watched Meteor Garden too! It's interesting to see how one storyline can be made 3 different times (Hana Yori Dango and Boys Over Flowers) and yet they are all fun to watch.

I prefer the Japanese version the best! Go Hana Yori Dango! HAHA

20-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
I just recently moved into a boarding house and I'm having internet problems so I haven't been able to download new episodes of Beethoven Virus. Uggghhh! I'm stuck at episode 10. I guess I'll re-watch some old dramas for the time being.
Oh! I hope you get betting internet connection soon! LOL.
What dramas will you be rewatching?

20-01-2010
®

I'm trying to download Memories of Bali but I'm swamped with schoolwork at the moment. Hopefully my iPod will have the complete season before the month ends. awwww don't worry leeroi. watching the old episodes sometimes make you understand the story more or something.

trendsetter

Quote:
I'm trying to download Memories of Bali but I'm swamped with schoolwork at the moment. Hopefully my iPod will have the complete season before the month ends. awwww don't worry leeroi. watching the old episodes sometimes make you understand the story more or something.

Where are you downloading it from? I've been looking for it forever!

I know, I've been using my campus' internet and they block large downloads. Guh.

20-01-2010
®

I'm actually looking for a site too. I just noticed it's not on dramacrazy.net, which is crazy! I thought they had the complete list Oh leeroi on a different note Showtime's back!

trendsetter

Quote:
I'm actually looking for a site too. I just noticed it's not on dramacrazy.net, which is crazy! I thought they had the complete list Oh leeroi on a different note Showtime's back!
I know! I'm excited Showtime's back. But bad news, I don't have TFC in the boarding house.

20-01-2010
®

NNNNNNNNOOOOO! Well you can still see it on weekends. I for one don't get to see it on weekdays as I have class that time but I don't miss it on Saturdays. It's just so funny. Tell me when you find a site! I'm looking for a DVD too but I can't find one.

trendsetter

Quote:
NNNNNNNNOOOOO! Well you can still see it on weekends. I for one don't get to see it on weekdays as I have class that time but I don't miss it on Saturdays. It's just so funny. Tell me when you find a site! I'm looking for a DVD too but I can't find one.
I know right, I like the weekly finals. You know I haven't watched a monthly final yet? I always miss it. Thank God showtime is back because mag pa sikat was kinda boring, even though it was basically the same thing.

Alright, but it's gonna be hard. Memories From Bali is really really old.

You know what sucks? I've been trying to find a cheap DVD of some dramas and they're all expensive! I can't believe how much they over-charge buyers that don't live in Korea. It's insane. I saw a DVD of a drama that only included a few episodes for $75!!!! INSAAAANNNNEEE!

20-01-2010
®

$75?!!! DVD's here cost PhP 50 for a full season! That's about $1. That's unbelievably expensive!

Figures, I think I'll have to scour the internet for episodes and hopefully I can find it.

The monthly finals are terrific! All contestants have polished routines and sometimes heart-stopping and laughter-inducing antics. You should watch it this month!

What other korean dramas did you love BTW? Love enough to recommend it?

trendsetter

Yeah! Volume 1 of Boys Over Flowers cost like $100! I wouldn't mind if it was the entire series, but it's only half of it. Ugh.

I'll probably go back to my parent's house every weekend to watch Showtime, haha.

Ummm... Well, there's Full House, My Girl, My Name is Kim Sam Soon, Goong, You're Beautiful, Stairway To Heaven, and Shining Inheritance. There's a lot that I've watched, but only a few that I could actually re-watch. Usually if I can't re-watch a drama, most likely because the story and acting were terrible, then I don't recommend it, haha.

As for movies I recommend Antique Bakery (korean version), Do Re Mi Fa So La Ti Do, Baby and I, Perfect Couple (this one is really good), and Millionaire's First Love.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
entertainers, entertainment, korean