How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

21-01-2010
backstage pass

Memories of Bali is great! I hope you guys can find a place you can watch it. Try mysoju.com?

Korean movies are good, but I don't think they match up to korean dramas. They're getting better and better though. It's interesting you mentioned Do RE Mi Fa So La Ti Do, leeroi! Jang Geun Suk looks SOOOO young in it. It was actually based on a hit internet novel, but I heard that the movie does not reach up to the novel. I never read the novel so I wasn't sure, but for some reason, the movie seemed kind of choppy and lots of things didn't make sense or were clear since I never read the story before. What did you think?
I have Millionaire's First Love on my ipod. Good movie!

21-01-2010
backstage pass

my sister would luv you guys/gals

me, i'm not into dramas
but i'm quite fond of Chan Wook Park's work

fav is Oldboy. absolutely sick movie.

as far as music goes....

brown eyed girls - abracadabra

maybe a bit late, but i would like to hear that a club.

21-01-2010
backstage pass

Never thought there would be a discussion on Korean drama on tfs!
I'm not a HUGE fan of Korean dramas but I had certainly seen the more famous ones like Autumn In My Heart, Goong, Winter Sonata, Boys Over Flowers, Full House and some Japanese dramas too - Hana Yori Dango and GTO -the best!
I'd prefer Hana Yori Dango to BOF though I like Kim Hyun Joong from BOF (although I'm currently in with Kyuhyun from Super Junior).
I would like to see Iris, reading from the recommendations here.
This may be off topic, but anyone here watch Korean variety shows?(like Star King or Intimate Note)

21-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorien View Post
my sister would luv you guys/gals

me, i'm not into dramas
but i'm quite fond of Chan Wook Park's work

fav is Oldboy. absolutely sick movie.

as far as music goes....

brown eyed girls - abracadabra

maybe a bit late, but i would like to hear that a club.
Oldboy! I still have to watch that! Thanks for recommending it! I definitely heard really good reviews on that.
Abracadabra is such a catchy song! I love it too.

21-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantaisland View Post
Never thought there would be a discussion on Korean drama on tfs!
I'm not a HUGE fan of Korean dramas but I had certainly seen the more famous ones like Autumn In My Heart, Goong, Winter Sonata, Boys Over Flowers, Full House and some Japanese dramas too - Hana Yori Dango and GTO -the best!
I'd prefer Hana Yori Dango to BOF though I like Kim Hyun Joong from BOF (although I'm currently in with Kyuhyun from Super Junior).
I would like to see Iris, reading from the recommendations here.
This may be off topic, but anyone here watch Korean variety shows?(like Star King or Intimate Note)
I prefer Hana Yori Dango over BOF as well! I watched the whole series in less than a week (and there are 2 parts to it!) Have you seen the Hana Yori Dango Finale movie? I never saw it for some odd reason.

Kyuhyun is my sister's favorite singer from SJ. He's the best singer IMO.

You should definitely check out Iris! It's different and really well produced.

Korean variety shows are AWESOME! It's not off topic at all! HAHA. This thread is devoted to all different korean entertainment!
I've never seen Intimate Note. What's it about? I love Star King and there are some really crazy talents out there! Have you seen Infinity Challenge or 2 Days 1 Night?

22-01-2010
backstage pass

^ Yes, I have watched the movie version of Hana Yori Dango which is equally as good as the drama.
Oh, I just Kyuhyun, he's so charming and he has such a beautiful voice and I like Super Junior too ! :p
Intimate Note is more like the celebrities gameshow- but focuses on bonding groupmates together (seen Kara, SS501 and of course, SJ)- pretty funny too.

Last edited by fantaisland; 22-01-2010 at 09:06 AM.
22-01-2010
trendsetter

The Hana Yori Dango movie was a bit bleh. And the second season of Hana Yori Dango was also a bit blah and random. Like I said in the beginning of the thread, my only problem with Hana Yori Dango (season 1) was that it had a somber tone throughout the whole series, wished they had more fun with it like how it was in BOF, although the acting in BOF was terrible, except for Kim Bum and Lee Minho.

Kyuhyun is probably the best singer in Super Junior, but for some reason SM focuses more in selling the other members like Siwon, Donghae, and Leeteuk.

Parkmin90, Do Re Mi was really good, except the ending was a bit rushed. I think that's an overall problem with Korean dramas and movies is that the writers get stuck in the ending they just rush it; which is sad because most dramas and movies are so perfect and then the ending ruins it, like in My Girl. I think Baby and I was a bit better, Jang Geun Suk is also there. Seriously, he is one of the best young actors right now in Korea but for some reason the general public is not giving him any chance. He's been working since his teens. Seriously, Kim Bum is no where near Geun Suk and yet people are obsessed with him. I have yet to see a fantastic acting job by Kim Bum, maybe it's because directors are more focused on making sure ladies fall in love with him. He has a new drama out and they're trying to make him look like a leading man, but he is still very young looking and it's hard to see him as a "macho" dude. Seriously, us guys could care less about that crap, I want to see good acting. You should watch Perfect Couple! FANTASTIC movie!

Fantaisland, I'm absolutely obsessed with variety shows, especially star king. I wait for new episodes religiously! Haha.

By the way, I'm over my parent's house for the weekend and I'm going to make sure to download as much dramas as I can to last me a week! Hahah! I'm really anxious on what's next at Beethoven Virus.

23-01-2010
backstage pass

:p Maybe I'm a bit biased when it comes to Hana Yori Dango- cause I really like the two main characters! BOF is more like pretty boys and girls everywhere. But I like the Kims- Kim Hyun Joong (though his acting is blah), Kim Bum and Kim So Eun (she's so cute!).The SoEul couple is so cute!!
I love to watch Korean variety shows especially those by Ho Dong- he's so funny but I need everything in English subbed.
Any ideas where I can get to see Korean dramas/variety shows other than youtube and mysoju.com and everything to be english subbed?

23-01-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantaisland View Post
:p Maybe I'm a bit biased when it comes to Hana Yori Dango- cause I really like the two main characters! BOF is more like pretty boys and girls everywhere. But I like the Kims- Kim Hyun Joong (though his acting is blah), Kim Bum and Kim So Eun (she's so cute!).The SoEul couple is so cute!!
I love to watch Korean variety shows especially those by Ho Dong- he's so funny but I need everything in English subbed.
Any ideas where I can get to see Korean dramas/variety shows other than youtube and mysoju.com and everything to be english subbed?
Haha. Eul was soooo pretty. Wished she was the main character instead!

Oh, you can try http://gblog85.blogspot.com/2009/05/my-drama-list.html for some dramas.

23-01-2010
windowshopping

I started watching You're Beautiful, but too be honest, I really didn't like Park Shin Hye in that part. She just bugged me!
I do like IRIS. I'm still watching it though, but Lee Buyng Hun is the perfect macho guy for the role!

But these days, all I can think about is Jaebeom and what will happen with 2PM! I might be a bit biased abou them, but I can't stop listening to their songs!

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by winterlove View Post
I started watching You're Beautiful, but too be honest, I really didn't like Park Shin Hye in that part. She just bugged me!
I do like IRIS. I'm still watching it though, but Lee Buyng Hun is the perfect macho guy for the role!

But these days, all I can think about is Jaebeom and what will happen with 2PM! I might be a bit biased abou them, but I can't stop listening to their songs!

I think Park Shin Hye is probably the only actress who could have looked like a boy, so I don't think they had a choice but to pick her.

I like 2PM, but I think Jaebeom's return is long over-due. Even JYP has contacted him a few times and I think if he was going to return he would have done so, and there already starting their second album and he is no where to be found. But I do hope for his return though.

23-01-2010
trendsetter

Hey guys, I finally finished Beethoven Virus (the original 18 episodes) and I'll just say that the acting throughout the series was fantastic! I'm going to watch the extra special episode since I think the last episode was a bit empty.

Anyways, I watched the first episode of Kim Bum's new drama The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry, and let's just say it's crap. The ratings for the drama are horrible also! I feel bad for Kim Bum because he is yet to have any decent acting works since BOF and he's slowly losing all his ad campaigns to boy bands. How bad are the ratings? Let's just say it's not even in the Top 10 during its time slot. Kim Bum needs to move to SBS pronto because MBC is not doing him any favors. He has very bad PR also.

24-01-2010
trendsetter

OMG! I found a website where you can download Memories of Bali!!!! Here: http://drama-island.blogspot.com/200...kdrama-dl.html

not sure if it's hardsubbed or not (I'm guessing so).

27-01-2010
backstage pass

Wow!! I've been MIA here for so long! Sorry everyone! I've been super busy.

fantaisland- I like to watch dramas on viikii.net. They have lots of stuff there!

winterlove- Ohhh Iris!! keep us updated with how you think about it!!!

leeroi- have you started Memories in Bali??? I'm a huge fan of So Jisup and Ha Jiwon. Actually, everyone in that drama!!

27-01-2010
®

LEEROI!! OMG! Can I ever thank you enough? Thanks for the link! I miss Erika Lee(That's Ha Ji Won's character's name in the Philippine dubs) and Paulo Jung (Jo InSung) and of course Jo In Sung's covetable clothes.. ugh!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
entertainers, entertainment, korean