How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

27-01-2010
trendsetter

I'm actually in the process of downloading Memories of Bali right now.

Currently I'm watching You Are My Destiny. One of the SNSD girls is in it, haha. It has like 170 episodes! Omg. This series is ever lasting. Each episode is only like 30 mins though. I'm around episode 55 or something and I kinda wish it would even already. I don't even know how the storyline could be soooo long.

Oh yeah, I found the biggest collection of dramas available for download ever: http://silentregrets.com/

30-01-2010
®

Just finished the reruns of the Filipino-dubbed Boys Over Flowers... and ahhh... I'm in love again.

And BTW, the Filipino version of Full House may be really REALLY tacky at first but i'm ashamed to say I got hooked! The Justin-Jessie (the Filipino names of the main characters) still has the power to... well... get my heart beating.

Didn't download Memories yet.. Oh when will I have the time.

trendsetter

Is the Filipino Full House in GMA? My parents only have ABS. Ehhhh.

30-01-2010
®

Yeah, it's a GMA remake. Surprisingly, almost all their lineup are Korean remakes which is kinda boring but Full House is just a classic, it can be remade into whatever and I'll still get lovebumps when I get to the cheesy scenes.

trendsetter

Haha. Does the house look as good as in the Korean version?

I actually like GMA better than ABS.

30-01-2010
®

↑ A bit. But I think the Korean version's better. I actually hated it at first but I got to the kilig scenes and I was kilig too. I like using that darned word.

trendsetter

Kilig!!! Hahaha. That word is so funny. Full House was the first kdrama I introduced to some of my girl cousin's and they got kilig to the bones! LMFAO. Then they watched BOF and they even got more kilig. Haha.

30-01-2010
®

Kilig is really a LOL~ish word. Back in the Meteor Garden Era (it's Taiwanese but it's a must watch. Swear!) my sisters would scream their throats hoarse because of too much kilig. It's a funny sight actually.

backstage pass

Hello guys! Sorry I've been MIA here. Been so busy and haven't been watching any dramas lately... gasp! I know!

Do I hear a remake of Full House? It's interesting when I see remakes of dramas because the story line is the same, but the dramas are all totally different! For example.. Meteor Garden, Hana Yori Dango, and Boys Over Flowers.

As for the kpop world... CN Blue seems to be doing extremely well, Sunmi from Wondergirls is leaving (or left?) and so much has been going on. LOL. Too much stuff to follow.

30-01-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkmin90 View Post
Hello guys! Sorry I've been MIA here. Been so busy and haven't been watching any dramas lately... gasp! I know!
you're not alone! ive practically watched all the good dramas thats available for download, so now im stuck rewatching stuff. this is what i get for finishing dramas in less than a week!

I just finished You're My Destiny and I liked it very much. But damn it was so long! 170 episodes! Some episodes were kinda useless so I skipped them. I think the whole series would have been fine with only 50 episodes or so. 170 was just overkill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkmin90 View Post
As for the kpop world... CN Blue seems to be doing extremely well, Sunmi from Wondergirls is leaving (or left?) and so much has been going on. LOL. Too much stuff to follow.
I'm happy for CN Blue. I hope the whole plagiarism thing would just get out, it's not the band members' faults.

Did you see SNSD's new video? I'm really tired of the whole "catchy" trend right now, like where they keep repeating the same words over and over again. That's why I've been listening to a lot of FT Island and solo singers lately, too bad all you see in all these gossip sites like AKP are all about boy/girl groups.

OMG, did you hear about Shindong's (the heavy set dude from Super Junior) comment about big girls? Someone needs to look at a mirror. I don't get why these Super Junior members have such a big vendetta against bigger girls. I hope they realize most of their fans aren't the skinny type.

02-02-2010
backstage pass

Hi! I've been away for a while too.
Seems so lazy to watch drama nowadays. Any new kdrama to recommend? But, honestly, I'd prefer the shorter type cause I'm the lazy type.

Yes, I've watched "Oh" by SNSD- the chorus is a little catchy, the dance is so boring and the comparison to Rihanna's "Shut Up & Drive". I don't hate SNSD, in fact, I like "Gee" very much! Maybe because "Gee" is too successful, it makes "Oh" falls flat in comparison- well, that's just what I think.

I'm a big fan of Super Junior (again, Kyuhyun) but what Shindong said is really offending. Naturally, girls are more conscious regarding weight and self image issues but that doesn't mean that guys can be fat and proud and girls must be skinny. As idols they should have lead as example but these guys are human too, they will make mistake and maybe that's what just slipped through his mind. I'm not saying Shindong is right but this will not make me a SuJu hater.

Btw, is Hankyung really leaving Super Junior? There have not been much news lately. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Any new songs that's catchy enough to worth listening to? As all of you have stated, I started listening to Abracadrabra and yes, I agree, it' very good!

Last edited by fantaisland; 02-02-2010 at 09:07 AM.
02-02-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantaisland View Post
Hi! I've been away for a while too.
Seems so lazy to watch drama nowadays. Any new kdrama to recommend? But, honestly, I'd prefer the shorter type cause I'm the lazy type.

Yes, I've watched "Oh" by SNSD- the chorus is a little catchy, the dance is so boring and the comparison to Rihanna's "Shut Up & Drive". I don't hate SNSD, in fact, I like "Gee" very much! Maybe because "Gee" is too successful, it makes "Oh" falls flat in comparison- well, that's just what I think.

I'm a big fan of Super Junior (again, Kyuhyun) but what Shindong said is really offending. Naturally, girls are more conscious regarding weight and self image issues but that doesn't mean that guys can be fat and proud and girls must be skinny. As idols they should have lead as example but these guys are human too, they will make mistake and maybe that's what just slipped through his mind. I'm not saying Shindong is right but this will not make me a SuJu hater.

Btw, is Hankyung really leaving Super Junior? There have not been much news lately. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Any new songs that's catchy enough to worth listening to? As all of you have stated, I started listening to Abracadrabra and yes, I agree, it' very good!

I've been too lazy to watch dramas also. Feels like I've watched just about all of them! Haha.

Ohh, I just watched Snow Queen. It's kinda old though, but really good. You can download it here: http://silentregrets.com/completed-k...snow-queen.php

You said you didn't like longer ones, but I do recommend You Are My Destiny, the main lead actress is from SNSD. Be advised, it's 170 episodes long, each episode is 30mins. You can download it here: http://silentregrets.com/completed-k...my-destiny.php

If you want to watch Jdrama, then I recomment the Gokusen series:
Season 1: http://silentregrets.com/completed-jdramas/gokusen.php
Season 2: http://silentregrets.com/completed-j.../gokusen-2.php
Season 3: http://silentregrets.com/completed-j.../gokusen-3.php

I think what Shindong said isn't as offensive as what Leeteuk and Yesung. They called bigger girls lazy. I hope their mothers aren't of the bigger type because I would hate to be called lazy just because of my appearance.

I'm wondering about Hankyung also. No news whatsoever. I don't even know if they're following through with the lawsuit/break of contract. That would be bad for the group's reputation.

SNSD is the first veteran group that has come out with a new song, so I don't really know. All the new songs right now are from new idol groups/bands. I'm still hoping for a big soloist to come out because I'm tired of seeing so many people on stage at once, haha.

02-02-2010
trendsetter

btw, it's KyuHyun's birthday. haha.

05-02-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
btw, it's KyuHyun's birthday. haha.
Oh, Kyuhyun's is 23 already.

Btw, anybody watch Cinderella Men here? Is it good? I heard Coffee Prince is nice too.

05-02-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantaisland View Post
Oh, Kyuhyun's is 23 already.

Btw, anybody watch Cinderella Men here? Is it good? I heard Coffee Prince is nice too.

I haven't watched Cinderella Man, but I have watched Coffee Prince. Coffee Prince is really good. It's more believable than You're Beautiful (the whole female acting like a male thing), but the story kinda drags.

By the way, I finally watched What Happened in Bali and.... I LOVED IT! The ending was kinda weird though and didn't really get it.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
entertainers, entertainment, korean