Korean Entertainment & Entertainers - Page 15 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
05-02-2010
®

Coffee Prince! It was dubbed on a local TV channel before. The story's quite good but it was bordering on predictable and cliché so I kind of fell out of it after watching 5 episodes. Actually, I watched the episodes on DVD before they showed episode 3 and I was disappointed by the story flow in general so I ceased watching.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmLordZen View Post
Coffee Prince! It was dubbed on a local TV channel before. The story's quite good but it was bordering on predictable and cliché so I kind of fell out of it after watching 5 episodes. Actually, I watched the episodes on DVD before they showed episode 3 and I was disappointed by the story flow in general so I ceased watching.

I think Coffee Prince would have been better if the actors/actresses were more attractive and/or younger. Sorry if that sounds vain.

I think in general most dramas would be better if they cut a few filler episodes; Coffee Prince was filled with useless episodes.

06-02-2010
®

↑ If the cast were as gorgeous as... well, I can't name one show because Korean soaps usually have a gorgeous-looking cast lineup... I'm sure I'd "overlook" the predictability and still watch it. and yeah it had a lot of filler episodes, usually drama scenes I can't stand.

I'm thinking of watching Marrying a Millionaire in DVD. Is it a good drama?

trendsetter

Quote:
↑ If the cast were as gorgeous as... well, I can't name one show because Korean soaps usually have a gorgeous-looking cast lineup... I'm sure I'd "overlook" the predictability and still watch it. and yeah it had a lot of filler episodes, usually drama scenes I can't stand.

I'm thinking of watching Marrying a Millionaire in DVD. Is it a good drama?

Honestly, I haven't watched Marrying a Millionaire yet.

But the storyline seems interesting. Isn't it the one based on the Average Joe reality show?

Btw, I got my BOF-crazy cousin the DVD set and it costed me a pretty penny. She better watch it everyday for the rest of her life.

Oh, and I'm watching East of Eden currently. Kim Bum really did good in it. I wish they'd stop making him look so proper all the time because he does a better job at acting when he's not playing the "rich guy" or so called "handsome guy".

Last edited by Leeroi; 06-02-2010 at 11:01 AM.
06-02-2010
®

↑ BOF DVD's here cost only about $1! I bought one since I missed several episodes in primetime but I haven't watched it yet. Oh God I love the ending BTW... So sweeeeet..

Yeah, I think that's where Marrying a Millionaire plot was based. Sort of The Bachelor or whathaveyou and the story seems pretty nice. I'll start on it as soon as I can.

I haven't seen any East of Eden DVD's here yet! Is it a good drama? My little sister, she's about 12, has Kim Bum's face plastered all over her Starbucks tumbler. How's that for addiction?

trendsetter

Quote:
↑ BOF DVD's here cost only about $1! I bought one since I missed several episodes in primetime but I haven't watched it yet. Oh God I love the ending BTW... So sweeeeet..

Yeah, I think that's where Marrying a Millionaire plot was based. Sort of The Bachelor or whathaveyou and the story seems pretty nice. I'll start on it as soon as I can.

I haven't seen any East of Eden DVD's here yet! Is it a good drama? My little sister, she's about 12, has Kim Bum's face plastered all over her Starbucks tumbler. How's that for addiction?
God, wished I was in Philippines. The DVD set costed me like $100 or so.

It's very good! It's probably one of the best dramas MBC has created. I was looking through its ratings, and out of 56 episodes, it only reached the #1 spot four times, which is very surprising. The storyline is amazing, the acting was great, and the whole visuals was good. I think where it failed to attract more viewers to become #1 was that at the end of each episode it didn't have those cheesy dramatic scenes.... You know what I'm talking about? Like when something is about to happen then they end it?

And I can't say this about any other long dramas, but I think the 56 episodes is actually justifiable. There was barely any filler episodes. Every episode was important. And plus, there was 3 lead roles and each one had their own storyline.

I think Kim Bum's face is more popular than his actual acting. Haha.

06-02-2010
®

↑ Well Kim Bum's really cute and he has an adorable smile if I may say so. He's even cuter than Gu Jun Pyo, but, like, 99% of Filipinas are CRAZY over Gu Jun Pyo so maybe it's just my opinion (and my little sister's)!

56 episodes? Good Lawd that's long! 40-42 minutes each? or 1 hour each? Hmmm.. I'll try to research its storyline on the internet but it seems pretty interesting. Though I hope we have DVD's here.. I've been looking for it but no such luck yet. It surprises me how it's not shown here yet. So far we have Queen Seon Dok and it's a bit like... hmmmm... Ju Mong... so I don't feel like watching it every night.

Don't feel bad about the $100. (But if it was me I'd feel bad.) It's an original copy whereas we here actually support the piracy industry by buying pirated copies.

trendsetter

Quote:
↑ Well Kim Bum's really cute and he has an adorable smile if I may say so. He's even cuter than Gu Jun Pyo, but, like, 99% of Filipinas are CRAZY over Gu Jun Pyo so maybe it's just my opinion (and my little sister's)!
I think these days in Asia all you need to be is extremely good looking and you got it made in the industry.

Quote:
56 episodes? Good Lawd that's long! 40-42 minutes each? or 1 hour each? Hmmm.. I'll try to research its storyline on the internet but it seems pretty interesting. Though I hope we have DVD's here.. I've been looking for it but no such luck yet. It surprises me how it's not shown here yet. So far we have Queen Seon Dok and it's a bit like... hmmmm... Ju Mong... so I don't feel like watching it every night.
Each episode is an hour.

Hahah. I was hesitant to watch it because of the length, but after 5 episodes I was really hooked. The whole series takes the life span of the lead roles from childhood, teen, to adulthood. And the directors really focused on making sure they highlighted each stage of their life and not as rushed; that's why it's so long.

Oh, and it has some decent action to it. Not as much action as Iris, but definitely more than the usual dramas.

Is Queen Seon Dok any good? I'm always scared to watch historical dramas because most of them are kinda boring. Maybe it's because I'm not Korean so I don't appreciate the storyline as much.

Quote:
Don't feel bad about the $100. (But if it was me I'd feel bad.) It's an original copy whereas we here actually support the piracy industry by buying pirated copies.
I was actually going to buy the fake DVDs but I was scared the subtitles were going to be wrong. That would be horrible.

06-02-2010
®

OHMIGOD. That's a promising series then. East of Eden will be my next DVD hunt! Is it available for streaming in any site? I'll try dramacrazy.net.

About Queen Seon Dok, it's little good. I watched the first 2 episodes and, since its shown very late at night, I always sleep before a quarter of the episode has passed so I stopped watching it altogether. Yeah, it's a bit boring. Sort of like Ju Mong though I know many of my friends were fans of Ju Mong.

You should try deciphering Pinoy subtitles once. A fair number of DVDs have 'em. They're a pain if you're seriously watching the series. Subs like "I do all if travel the world looking someone find you" and you're like WTF??????!!!!!!!!!

trendsetter

I don't know if there's websites that stream East of Eden. I downloaded mine from SilentRegrets.com, but the download links aren't in order. It took me forever to download them in order. And then all the links are in megaupload so if you don't have a premium account, you're kinda screwed. Haha. I'm sure a website streams it since it's popular.

I haven't watched JuMong yet. That drama has been staring at me for a long time and screaming "watch me watch me!" but I can never bring myself to watch it.

I think the problems with some non-professional subtitles is that they translate the words into literal meanings so we really don't understand the real meaning. It's like when people have me translate english sentences into tagalog and I tell them some words don't exist.

06-02-2010
®

I sure don't have a premium megaupload membership though I've always thought of getting one but I'm afraid of entering my mom's credit card info online as it may be stolen and we pay for a bundle of things we didn't order.

Anyway, watch Ju Mong if you have problems sleeping. It's a bit boring. Historical drama doesn't appeal to me at all. ugh.

trendsetter

Quote:
I sure don't have a premium megaupload membership though I've always thought of getting one but I'm afraid of entering my mom's credit card info online as it may be stolen and we pay for a bundle of things we didn't order.

Anyway, watch Ju Mong if you have problems sleeping. It's a bit boring. Historical drama doesn't appeal to me at all. ugh.

I got a premium membership for a month to try it out, and let's just say it was well worth it. I'm going to extend it when it gets expired. No more waiting and I can download more than one file at a time. Haha.

The only historical drama I liked was Hong Gil Dong (Jang. Geun Suk is in it), but I don't think it's a real story. Haha

06-02-2010
®

OMG! BTW have you watched Only You? Maybe you discussed it in a previous page but I was soooo hooked to that too.

Now that got me thinking about the megaupload thing. I want to download the animés on the site.

trendsetter

Quote:
OMG! BTW have you watched Only You? Maybe you discussed it in a previous page but I was soooo hooked to that too.

Now that got me thinking about the megaupload thing. I want to download the animés on the site.

OMG, not yet! Haha. I'm actually on the process of downloading it. Is it good?

Try it out for a month, I think it's only $10 bucks. Is there a bandwidth limit in Philippines? Or you can download as much as you want?

06-02-2010
®

Speaking of bandwidth, i'm almost illiterate on that techno-linggo so I have zero idea about that. Though I think you can download as much as you want? Sorry I'm a bit dumb.

Only You is good! Well, the stars look good anyway and the story's bearably dramatic so I enjoyed the cheesy scenes! I sometimes want to kick TJ (the lead male star) in the butt though. He's so... well, you have to watch... ♪♫

BTW it was parkmin's birthday recently!

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
entertainers, entertainment, korean