How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

28-02-2010
V.I.P.

Ahhh I'm so so happy that you replied so fast
It's my first Korean show ever and my friend put it on for me because it was with English sub. I came home from Seoul yesterday. I was there for 2 weeks..too bad that non of the boys looks like the F4s IRL..haha. My friend bought the box set online for me. I like Jihoo best because he looks so kind

28-02-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonaka View Post
Ahhh I'm so so happy that you replied so fast
It's my first Korean show ever and my friend put it on for me because it was with English sub. I came home from Seoul yesterday. I was there for 2 weeks..too bad that non of the boys looks like the F4s IRL..haha. My friend bought the box set online for me. I like Jihoo best because he looks so kind
Really? My first show was Full House then BOF then You're Beautiful then a lot of older shows.

How was Seoul?

I've been to Korean Town in New Jersey and yeah the people don't look like the celebrities, but I must say that when a Korean person is really good looking/pretty, they're extremely good looking/pretty. Haha. It's like they have the intensity of Chinese but with the softness of Japanese. Best of both worlds.

I kinda wished Jan Di ended up with Jihoo, in almost all kdrama love triangles, the bad guy gets the girl.

28-02-2010
V.I.P.

Lets be friends^^

trendsetter

Quote:
Lets be friends^^

And about my fast reply; fashion is really boring lately so I've really been just checking this thread and the olympics thread out only for the past 2-3 weeks.

28-02-2010
V.I.P.

I've never payed any attention to this thread before since I'm not really a fan of tv shows..it's hard to follow them since I have no concentration, but it helps having all the eps on DVD

windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
It really doesn't look good for 2PM at the moment. Fansites are closing left and right. Complete madness! And the official fan club web site is losing members by the thousands.

I don't usually like entertainment gossips, especially Asian celebrity gossips, but 2PM was founded with Jaebeom being the leader. Half of all 2PM fans are actually fans of Jaebeom, so if he leaves the fans will leave with him. It doesn't make sense having 2PM without him. Plus, their last album was promoted to give hope to fans that he would be coming back. I guess that whole "1:59PM" thing was just a big joke.

JYP must be dying!

Especially that Jaebeom actually has potential to be a big success in America; unlike the other members. Haha. It's his lost.

I hope his crew auditions for ABDC next season and show JYP and the rest of 2PM that he doesn't need them to be successful, especially after kicking him out. Bwahaha.

The other 2PM members didn't even seem like they care that he was kicked out.
Yeah, I know.
I just read about what happened at the conference, and all the answers that came from them were extremely insensitive and insulting, especially towards Jay and his life. I don't really care if he did anything "bad", because after all he is a human being and we all make mistakes. They pretty much just threw him out like garbage.

I agree, I hope he does something now in the US just to make a point and show them what they've lost!

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
Really? My first show was Full House then BOF then You're Beautiful then a lot of older shows.
OMG, I feel so old...my first Korean show is like Winter Sonata and My Love Pattzi. I used to love Jang Nara so much, she's so cute!

Some faves like Full House, My Girl, My Name Is Kim Sam Soon and Princess Hours and some latest ones like BOF and You're Beautiful. Haha. I tend to watch lots of romantic comedy stuff.

As for 2PM, I would like to see how the rest of the members would "survive". They're like having the biggest crisis now. It seems like the current trend in Kpop is idols leaving their group. Hangeng leaving SJ, Sunmi leaving Wonder Girls, Jaebom terminated from 2PM and DBSK ????

03-03-2010
backstage pass

hi everyone! whoa been so MIA here again. Anybody else really busy these days? LOL. OKAY.... so what have I missed out?? I gotta check back, but looks like the whole Jaebom issue is pretty big news. I myself was really surprised and still am confused as to what's going on.... it seems like JYP is being pretty shady on this one.

03-03-2010
backstage pass

fantaisland- I just read your post about My Love Patzi! It was such an adorable drama. I think Jang Nara is too adorable and she just doesn't seem to age. LOL. I saw a recent photo of her and it must have been the hair, but she looked... younger! o_O

04-03-2010
backstage pass

^ Oh, I so her when she was on My Love Patzi but she doesn't seem to be famous at Korea anymore or so I think. She does a lot of Chinese drama, mainly acting in China. Haha...she's even on the Beijing Welcomes You song for the Beijing Olympics!!

04-03-2010
backstage pass

fantaisland- Yeah she seems to have disappeared from the action in Korea. Have you seen Successful Story of a Bright Girl? That was my all time favorite drama with her in it. It was sooooo adorable. She was also an awesome singer! I have most of her old albums.

05-03-2010
V.I.P.

Does anyone know if there's a "season" 2 of Boys Over Flowers? My friend told me that there were only 11 eps, but when I searched it up on imdb it was listed about 25 eps...

backstage pass

Quote:
Does anyone know if there's a "season" 2 of Boys Over Flowers? My friend told me that there were only 11 eps, but when I searched it up on imdb it was listed about 25 eps...
ohmygoodness, how did I not know about this thread until now?!
Loonaka, I assume you're talking about the Korean version of Hanadan right? There isn't a season 2, but the whole series of Boys over Flowers goes for 25 Episodes

Has anyone here watched IRIS? omo omo, I loved every minute of it XD Mr. Choi Seung Hyun /T.O.P. from Big Bang is smoking hot! :p But in general I thought the whole cast was great, Lee Byung Hyun, Kim Tae Hee... jjang! ^^ I wonder what IRIS 2 - "Athena" is going to be like, since they cast has changed. Gah.. it would have been nice if most of the original cast could have stayed on, but killings here and there.. guess it couldn't be helped D: But the ending was quite ambiguous!!

05-03-2010
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetpop View Post
ohmygoodness, how did I not know about this thread until now?!
Loonaka, I assume you're talking about the Korean version of Hanadan right? There isn't a season 2, but the whole series of Boys over Flowers goes for 25 Episodes
Yeah, sorry for not specifying that I was talking about the Korean version..haha it's a bit confusing. Do you also know if all the eps are in the same box set?
Thanks in advance and welcome to the thread, I'm a newbie here myself, not only to the thread but also to K-dramas..I only got into BOF because it was STed in English when I was in Korea

trendsetter

loonaka, there are box sets that contain half of the episodes (this is because when they first released it in DVD they did a Box Set A and Box Set and then they re-released a DVD box set that has all the episodes. You might want to look at the details to see for sure what you're buying. like what sweetpop said, the whole series is 25 episodes.ds

also, since you were introduced to k-drama via BOF, you should try looking into Full House and You're Beautiful.

sweetpop, i never got a chance to finish IRIS since I chose to watch East of Eden instead. haha.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
entertainers, entertainment, korean