How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

05-03-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkmin90 View Post
Have you seen Successful Story of a Bright Girl?
I think I have but I couldn't recall. Do you know where I can watch it with English subtitle?

I want to watch IRIS too but I'm just too lazy. How many episodes are there?

On another note, it seems like Korean idols are going down with H1N1. Eunhyuk of SJ got it then Yuri of SNSD too.

05-03-2010
trendsetter

fantaisland, IRIS has 20 episodes. it starts out very slow. I never got around to finish it, but it's not your average cheesy-cringing dramas. It's actually very good.

about the swine, it seems like the only artists getting it are SM entertainers. they need to pass around some hand sanitizers.

05-03-2010
backstage pass

Leeroi- That's so true! A bunch of SHINee members also had swine flu.. Hmmmm. What did you think of East of Eden? That drama was SOOOO long. I watched about 2/3 of it and then I gave up. I just couldn't stand that it was so long. Being the impatient me, I went straight to the last episode and it all made sense. HAHA!

Fantaisland- I will try to help you find Successful Story of a Bright Girl. I found just ep. 1 on youtube, but it's kind of hard since it's a very old movie! Janghyuk is in it and he looks SOOOO young. HAHA. Everyone else looks so old fashioned. Jang Nara looks the same though.

Sweetpop- I saw parts of IRIS! It's so awesome. The acting was amazing... so real. I loved it!!!!

loonaka- Welcome to the world of Kdramas!! LOL. They are addicting I must say. There are times when I have sleepless nights because of them. Once I start something really good, I can't help but keep watching! I'm sure many of the people here could agree with me!

Welcome to all the new members to this thread! It's nice to see there is life here! Kdramas are so awesome. I'm actually not watching any at the moment though. Too busy but will start something real soon!

05-03-2010
trendsetter

parkmin90, East of Eden was indeed very long. Haha. I think if they shortened it to around 24 episodes it would have been a lot better. I loved the storyline and the acting was amazing and there really wasn't any annoying characters. My favorite character was Park Hae Jin's character; which is weird because Hae Jin is completely opposite in real life of what his character is in the drama.

05-03-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
parkmin90, East of Eden was indeed very long. Haha. I think if they shortened it to around 24 episodes it would have been a lot better. I loved the storyline and the acting was amazing and there really wasn't any annoying characters. My favorite character was Park Hae Jin's character; which is weird because Hae Jin is completely opposite in real life of what his character is in the drama.
His character was so sad... I couldn't help but feel bad for him even at times that I didn't want to (if you know what I mean ). He is an awesome actor IMO! I first saw him in the The Famous Chill Princesses.

07-03-2010
backstage pass

IRIS had me on the edge of my seat in nearly all the episodes!! I loved the first two episodes, it was so light hearted and funny I thought, but then when things started getting nasty with the pulling out of guns.. chk-chk-bang!!
Is anyone here a fan of BigBang? YG family?
Have any of you guys seen "You're Beautiful"? Ahhh....
i haven't watched any dramas lately, with uni just starting again for me. I forgot how draining it was

Are you guys looking forward to any new dramas? I heard that Lee Minho has a new drama out soon, and I wanna see how that is ^^

07-03-2010
trendsetter

I'm a big big big fan of Big Bang. They're really talented and can actually sing LIVE! Next to DBSK, I think they're one of the most perfect groups out working right now.

I think everyone here have watched You're Beautiful. Haha. And everyone here can kinda agree that it was better than BOF in terms of acting and over all story line.

I was looking at the ratings for You're Beautiful and I can't believe how low the ratings are! I guess it didn't do so well since it was up against Iris and stuff. Definitely underrated in that department.

Have anyone here watched Shining Inheritance? The ratings for it was insane! The last few episodes had almost half of all people watching tv watching it.

07-03-2010
trendsetter

oh and sweetpop, I can't wait for Lee Minho's new drama. He's going to be playing a wannabe gay person right? Haha. Sounds hilarious. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

I'm waiting for all the subs for The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry. I have such a soft spot for Kim Bum. I know the drama is very bad, but I just can't help and hope that he does well with his career. It's unfortunate that he can't follow up his BOF performance.

07-03-2010
V.I.P.

I can't remember if I've asked this before, but has anyone seen My Little Bride?

backstage pass

Quote:
I'm a big big big fan of Big Bang. They're really talented and can actually sing LIVE! Next to DBSK, I think they're one of the most perfect groups out working right now.

I think everyone here have watched You're Beautiful. Haha. And everyone here can kinda agree that it was better than BOF in terms of acting and over all story line.

I was looking at the ratings for You're Beautiful and I can't believe how low the ratings are! I guess it didn't do so well since it was up against Iris and stuff. Definitely underrated in that department.

Have anyone here watched Shining Inheritance? The ratings for it was insane! The last few episodes had almost half of all people watching tv watching it.
The reason why the ratings for You're Beautiful was because when it was airing, IRIS was airing at the same time. People chose to watch IRIS on t.v. and then watch You're Beautiful later when it was streaming online. LOL. You can't watch two things at the same time. I heard that You're Beautiful had a really high online rating though! It really deserved it. I loved You're Beautiful!!

I think Shining Inheritance was a major hit in Korea! It was so hot that they extended the number of episodes and also made a Shining Inheritance Special which was also a high rating! =)

08-03-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
oh and sweetpop, I can't wait for Lee Minho's new drama. He's going to be playing a wannabe gay person right? Haha. Sounds hilarious. I hope it doesn't disappoint.

I'm waiting for all the subs for The Woman Who Still Wants To Marry. I have such a soft spot for Kim Bum. I know the drama is very bad, but I just can't help and hope that he does well with his career. It's unfortunate that he can't follow up his BOF performance.
My aunt was watching The Woman Who Still Wants to Marry and she told me that it's not too bad. Hmmmm I might give it a try? Kim Bum did a fabulous job in East of Eden, I have to admit!

08-03-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonaka View Post
I can't remember if I've asked this before, but has anyone seen My Little Bride?
Are you talking about the movie? The one with Moon Geunyoung and Kim Raewon? It was such an adorable movie!

08-03-2010
V.I.P.

yeah that's the one^^

V.I.P.

How come Jandi and Jun Pyo never act like a real couple? Or is this a portrait of a Korean relationship?

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonaka View Post
How come Jandi and Jun Pyo never act like a real couple? Or is this a portrait of a Korean relationship?
I think that's the disappointing part of the whole drama. The actual good guy never actually gets the girl. This is very cliche in almost every romantic korean dramas that has love triangles.... Full House, You're Beautiful, BOF, etc etc.

Nahhh, this isn't true for Korean teenagers.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
entertainers, entertainment, korean