How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

07-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by eternitygoddess View Post
[ yt ]the number code after the youtube link's = sign[/ y t]

don't include the spaces in the brackets when you actually do yours. I did that just so it wouldn't come up as a blank youtube screen.
Thank you so much! I will try it out.

07-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
The thing I like about Kdramas is the fact that the video quality they use doesn't make it seem like a "soap-opera" but instead a really really long movie. Like for example, if you look at American soap-operas, you notice right away that they're using cheap cameras, cheap sets, and so forth. Kdramas actually use cameras they would use for movies and sets for movies.
Yes! I agree with you. The productions of Korean dramas are not cheap. I think that's why they're so highly sought after in Korea. Korean dramas are a lot more popular than korean movies, even in Korea.

07-01-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkmin90 View Post
Yes! I agree with you. The productions of Korean dramas are not cheap. I think that's why they're so highly sought after in Korea. Korean dramas are a lot more popular than korean movies, even in Korea.
They're not only sought after in Korea, they're practically the most viewed shows all over Asia. I mean in China and Philippines, most TV stations are having to resort to showing Korean dramas or re-making them. And funny is, Boys Over Flowers is more widely popular than Hana Yori Dango (Japanese original). Haha.

I'm Filipino and I can't even begin to describe how many times Filipino tv stations have recreated Korean Dramas that ended in failure.

BTW, is it possible to change the title of this thread? Maybe just "Korean Entertainment" or something, so we can talk about everything Korean media. Haha.

07-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
They're not only sought after in Korea, they're practically the most viewed shows all over Asia. I mean in China and Philippines, most TV stations are having to resort to showing Korean dramas or re-making them. And funny is, Boys Over Flowers is more widely popular than Hana Yori Dango (Japanese original). Haha.

I'm Filipino and I can't even begin to describe how many times Filipino tv stations have recreated Korean Dramas that ended in failure.

BTW, is it possible to change the title of this thread? Maybe just "Korean Entertainment" or something, so we can talk about everything Korean media. Haha.
Ohh! That's true! They're getting really popular in America as well. Kind of.. but looking at how MadTV made a parody, for sure they're getting popular.

After I started this thread, I've been wanting to change the title of this thread. Should we open this thread to all asian entertainment? I feel we would have lots more to talk about. What do you think? Should we label this Asian Entertainment- Dramas, Movies, Music, etc. or stick with Korean Entertainment?

I think a mod could help us out?

Last edited by parkmin90; 07-01-2010 at 09:32 PM.
07-01-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkmin90 View Post
Ohh! That's true! They're getting really popular in America as well. Kind of.. but looking at how MadTV made a parody, for sure they're getting popular.

After I started this thread, I've been wanting to change the title of this thread. Should we open this thread to all asian entertainment? I feel we would have lots more to talk about. What do you think? Should we label this Asian Entertainment- Dramas, Movies, Music, etc. or stick with Korean Entertainment?

I think a mod could help us out?
I think Korean Dramas was a bit too specific. And Asian Entertainment would be too broad! Haha. Korean Entertainment would be enough. Especially how Korean Entertainment right now is getting bigger and bigger so fast, we can talk about endless things from TV Shows, Music, and Movies.

07-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
I think Korean Dramas was a bit too specific. And Asian Entertainment would be too broad! Haha. Korean Entertainment would be enough. Especially how Korean Entertainment right now is getting bigger and bigger so fast, we can talk about endless things from TV Shows, Music, and Movies.
Cool! That's fine with me. We can call this thread, Korean Entertainment, but we don't have to limit it to just Korean entertainment for those of us who want to discuss other asian entertainment. I like watching various dramas as well!
So, we're going to need a moderator to fix the title for us. Hopefully, someone can help us out soon! I'll see who can help us.

07-01-2010
trendsetter

You can try PMing a moderator and ask to change the title.

I'm glad there's a few people here who enjoy Korean stuff. Haha.

07-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
You can try PMing a moderator and ask to change the title.

I'm glad there's a few people here who enjoy Korean stuff. Haha.
Yup! I just sent a message and hopefully the title will be changed soon!

Yes! I love discussing korean entertainment and dramas with other people! So fun to see what other people think and are watching! I also love giving people recommendations on things to watch! HAHA!

07-01-2010
trendsetter

^Haha, I know right. I got my cousins hooked on Full House and Boys Over Flowers.

Do you watch Star King?

07-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
^Haha, I know right. I got my cousins hooked on Full House and Boys Over Flowers.

Do you watch Star King?
I love Star King! I like watching random episodes on youtube!
I'm also into 1 Night 2 Days and Infinity Challenge. They are sooo !!!

07-01-2010
trendsetter

Haven't watched 1Night2Days or Infinity Challenge.

I literally watched all the Star King episodes from 50-147. Haha. I wished youtube would some deleting the episodes because there's a lot of old episodes I love rewatching.

You're Korean right?

07-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Haven't watched 1Night2Days or Infinity Challenge.

I literally watched all the Star King episodes from 50-147. Haha. I wished youtube would some deleting the episodes because there's a lot of old episodes I love rewatching.

You're Korean right?
I definitely recommend both shows! They are hilarious.
Star King has some really good episodes! Kang Ho Dong, the MC, is also the MC in 1Night2Days!

I'm Korean-American.

07-01-2010
trendsetter

OMG, you know what I'm sad about? That MC Boom is gone to the army! I'm gonna miss him in Star King and his 1999. Haha.

07-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
OMG, you know what I'm sad about? That MC Boom is gone to the army! I'm gonna miss him in Star King and his 1999. Haha.
Yes I know. Boom was really good and funny! I was watching the 2009 SBS Entertainment Awards and Boom came all the way to receive an award, but he had to leave right after! He was all decked out in army clothes. Here's a video, but there aren't any english subs. You can see him in his army clothes. HAHA! In Korea, this is a big thing since citizens serving in the army are not allowed to leave, except with special permission.

07-01-2010
trendsetter

Yeah, I think the mandatory 2-year rule is kinda a bad thing for most Korean celebrities. I mean, Rain is going to the army around April or May. It's going to ruin his career. You know what sucks? Athletes don't have to serve in the army. It's ridiculous. They shouldn't make exceptions at all.

Boom was my favorite judge in Star King.

Oh oh, I'm on the second episode of Iris and it's really good! I love how well though out every single scene is. And I love the fact they actually went to Hungary to film. Most dramas would just make a fake environment, haha.

And I'm going to backtrack a bit about the cliches. I mean, love is love, so ofcourse most romantic dramas are going to be a bit cliche in terms of a girl falling in love with a guy and what not. The only difference would be the characters, the environment they're in, and how they come to be in love. So what seems to be cliche is in fact reality.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
entertainers, entertainment, korean