How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
08-01-2010
  46
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
^I'm glad you're liking Iris! It's cool isn't it? It doesn't really have a korean drama feeling to it. Wait til you go further into it! They filmed later in Japan and I forgot where else... but it was a huge project!

In Korea, people respect a Korean celebrity more after they serve 2 years in the army. They respect them more because Korean celebs are busy and they're sacrificing a big chunk of their life and fame to serve the country. That's why Korean celebs go as late as possible (age 29) so that after they serve, they don't have to worry about lost time in the entertainment business.

  Reply With Quote
 
08-01-2010
  47
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: VA
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,317
Yeah, I'm liking it. I was gonna stop after the first episode and watch My Girl, but I'll stick to Iris for now. Haha.

Yeah, you're right, but for Hallyu celebrities like Bi Rain, it would be a huge impact on his international career. Yeah he might become more respected in Korea, but his future in Hollywood will practically disappear, and it's sad because he's just now getting international fame. I think most celebs would have rather done their time earlier in their life, but since they have super long term contracts with agencies, the army can't sweep them up until they finish their contracts. Like Super Junior members, they have like 10+ years contracts, and the army can't terminate the contract so they'd be forced to wait until the member are like 28 or something before they give them their draft letters.

  Reply With Quote
08-01-2010
  48
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
Yeah, I'm liking it. I was gonna stop after the first episode and watch My Girl, but I'll stick to Iris for now. Haha.

Yeah, you're right, but for Hallyu celebrities like Bi Rain, it would be a huge impact on his international career. Yeah he might become more respected in Korea, but his future in Hollywood will practically disappear, and it's sad because he's just now getting international fame. I think most celebs would have rather done their time earlier in their life, but since they have super long term contracts with agencies, the army can't sweep them up until they finish their contracts. Like Super Junior members, they have like 10+ years contracts, and the army can't terminate the contract so they'd be forced to wait until the member are like 28 or something before they give them their draft letters.
Yeah, it's not the best timing for Rain.
Rain is so talented and smart though. I think he will be back and running after he serves. I mean, he has his own talent agency and business. He's definitely got a lot to back him up.

Go Iris!

  Reply With Quote
08-01-2010
  49
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: VA
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkmin90 View Post
Yeah, it's not the best timing for Rain.
Rain is so talented and smart though. I think he will be back and running after he serves. I mean, he has his own talent agency and business. He's definitely got a lot to back him up.

Go Iris!
Rain is getting rich! I'm gonna feel bad for MBLAQ when he goes in the army because they won't have a "hyung" anymore. Mannnn. Do you like MBLAQ? I like their image more than other idol groups, they look more sincere and appreciative of the fact that they were swooped up when they were struggling teens. Some idol groups just look fake and too cocky. Haha.

I'm liking Kim Tae Hee's character. Very smart and intuitive. And the soundtrack is cool too.

  Reply With Quote
08-01-2010
  50
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
Rain is getting rich! I'm gonna feel bad for MBLAQ when he goes in the army because they won't have a "hyung" anymore. Mannnn. Do you like MBLAQ? I like their image more than other idol groups, they look more sincere and appreciative of the fact that they were swooped up when they were struggling teens. Some idol groups just look fake and too cocky. Haha.

I'm liking Kim Tae Hee's character. Very smart and intuitive. And the soundtrack is cool too.
I like MBLAQ's "Oh Yeah" song. I'm a Super Junior fan. HAHA. They're getting old now, but I really like their songs.
Yes, Kim Tae Hee is the smart one in Iris! Lee Byung hun is the one that stands out in this drama. His acting is amazing!!

  Reply With Quote
08-01-2010
  51
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: VA
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,317
I just realized Lee Byung was also in GI Joe playing the bad guy, haha.

Oh god! I can't even begin to tell you how obsessed I am with Sorry, Sorry. LMFAO. I think the best member they have is Kyuhyun because he can actually sing LIVE.

What girl groups do you like?

  Reply With Quote
08-01-2010
  52
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
I just realized Lee Byung was also in GI Joe playing the bad guy, haha.

Oh god! I can't even begin to tell you how obsessed I am with Sorry, Sorry. LMFAO. I think the best member they have is Kyuhyun because he can actually sing LIVE.

What girl groups do you like?
2ne1 all the way! They are so cool!

Lee Byung Hun was in a lot of the really old dramas like All In and Beautiful Days.

  Reply With Quote
08-01-2010
  53
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: VA
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,317
Haha. I love 2ne1, they look very real too. I get sick of the Wonder Girls. None of them can remotely sing, they're just eye candy. The only reason why they're popular is because JYP is a good manager.

  Reply With Quote
08-01-2010
  54
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
Haha. I love 2ne1, they look very real too. I get sick of the Wonder Girls. None of them can remotely sing, they're just eye candy. The only reason why they're popular is because JYP is a good manager.
Yes! The 2ne1 girls are amazing! I love how they are so unique from the rest and their songs are all catchy! Yeah.. I was never into Wonder Girls.

How's more of Iris going?

  Reply With Quote
08-01-2010
  55
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
The title has changed to Korean Entertainment & Entertainers! Thank you so much for changing the title for us!

Everyone, please remember that this isn't just solely limited to Korean entertainment since I'm a big fan of all asian entertainment! Feel free to talk about anything you'd like here!

  Reply With Quote
10-01-2010
  56
backstage pass
 
beavercall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 557
Yes! A korean drama thread! Does anyone watch "Love and Obsession"? I am checking mysoju obsessively every day to see if they load the last 30 episodes. Totally spoiled myself by reading the comments on soompi, but I don't care, STILL need to watch the rest of it.

__________________
I NEED MORE RED BAGS
  Reply With Quote
11-01-2010
  57
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: VA
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by beavercall View Post
Yes! A korean drama thread! Does anyone watch "Love and Obsession"? I am checking mysoju obsessively every day to see if they load the last 30 episodes. Totally spoiled myself by reading the comments on soompi, but I don't care, STILL need to watch the rest of it.
I haven't heard of Love and Obsession, but I'll surely check it out.

I couldn't finish Iris. The website (aja-aja.com) I was downloading it from closed because other websites were stealing their links.

  Reply With Quote
11-01-2010
  58
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
Ahh! Beavercall! Good to see you here. Love and Obsession sounds so entertaining. Definitely one of those dramas that you can't stop watching. Soooo long though! HAHAHAHA

Leeroi- Which episode are you on Iris???

  Reply With Quote
11-01-2010
  59
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: VA
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,317
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkmin90 View Post
Ahh! Beavercall! Good to see you here. Love and Obsession sounds so entertaining. Definitely one of those dramas that you can't stop watching. Soooo long though! HAHAHAHA

Leeroi- Which episode are you on Iris???
I was on the 3rd episode, and then when I went back on the site it was closed only viewable for members. UGH! I was going to try watching it on youtube, but I dont like watching live streams, they give me a headache for some reason. Haha. I usually connect my laptop to my big screen and watch my soaps in the living room like a loner. Haha.

  Reply With Quote
11-01-2010
  60
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
I was on the 3rd episode, and then when I went back on the site it was closed only viewable for members. UGH! I was going to try watching it on youtube, but I dont like watching live streams, they give me a headache for some reason. Haha. I usually connect my laptop to my big screen and watch my soaps in the living room like a loner. Haha.
oh! Sorry to hear that it closed on you like that! I hope there are some other ways to download Iris. It gets sooo intense as you keep going on. I actually never really download stuff and watch live streams, but youtube is not so easy to find dramas in my experience. But I totally agree with you since the quality is not very nice on live streams. Cool! Watching dramas on big screens sounds like fun! HAHA. I watch my stuff on my laptop screen and that's tiny.

  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
entertainers, entertainment, korean
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:42 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.