How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

12-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
Same here. I've been going to AKP for a few months now but I just joined a couple of days ago. I'm trying to participate in their forums, but it seems like the members have known each other for some time now and it feels a bit awkward trying to join in their conversations.

I think it's because they gave her "honey thighs" that made her popular. So they kinda ignore everything else about her because of that.
Yeah. I mean she's really tall and has nice legs so when she dances, she always seems to flaunt them and people like that. I was watching a show the other day and she was dancing solo and I wasn't very impressed. I've seen better dancers before, but everyone was like screaming and going crazy for her. HAHA.

I like reading the articles and stuff on AKP. All the juicy kpop gossip.
Hey DBSK or TVSQ are in Las Vegas now with BoA. HAHA!

12-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by khyrk View Post
Two of the best Korean Movies that I saw are:

Windstruck
My Sassy Girl

I suggest you watch it in that order as well
Oh! Thanks for the suggestion! I've always told myself that I will watch both movies, but never really got around to it. I've seen parts of My Sassy Girl though.

12-01-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkmin90 View Post
Yeah. I mean she's really tall and has nice legs so when she dances, she always seems to flaunt them and people like that. I was watching a show the other day and she was dancing solo and I wasn't very impressed. I've seen better dancers before, but everyone was like screaming and going crazy for her. HAHA.

I like reading the articles and stuff on AKP. All the juicy kpop gossip.
Hey DBSK or TVSQ are in Las Vegas now with BoA. HAHA!
Yeah, except it's only on a tv or a phone video, haha.

I know right, uEE isn't the greatest dancer. Have you seen her dance Single Ladies!? She has to be the most expressionless Korean celebrity I've seen. I've seen guys dance Single Ladies with more passion.

12-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Yeah, except it's only on a tv or a phone video, haha.

I know right, uEE isn't the greatest dancer. Have you seen her dance Single Ladies!? She has to be the most expressionless Korean celebrity I've seen. I've seen guys dance Single Ladies with more passion.
Ahhh! That's exactly the video I was talking about. She just had that same facial expression that she wore throughout "You're Beautiful" and I was like.. "Nation's Devil?" JK. But seriously, it wasn't the best dance ever.

How's Goong going? Don't you love the cute OST?

12-01-2010
®

The Greatest Korean drama I ever watched was MY GIRL. Starring Lee Dong Wok and Lee Da Hae.

Not only were they both very good looking but the story centered on an exciting plot about two pretend cousins who live in the same roof and fall in love with each other. The dialogue was cute, goodness I liked everything in that drama. I downloaded all 16 episodes in my iPod and when I have nothing to do and I want to feel all fuzzy and in love, I watch some episodes and it never fails. I'm a hopeless romantic each time I watch eat

trendsetter

Quote:
Ahhh! That's exactly the video I was talking about. She just had that same facial expression that she wore throughout "You're Beautiful" and I was like.. "Nation's Devil?" JK. But seriously, it wasn't the best dance ever.

How's Goong going? Don't you love the cute OST?
I just finished Goong now! And what I have to say is that I wished Yul got the girl, I felt terribly bad for Yul because he didn't want to disappoint his mother; I hated her to be honest, making her son go through all that. But like every other drama, ofcourse the main characters get together at the end, haha.

I was completely impressed by the acting in Goong, I couldn't stop watching and I didn't skip any scenes. And and thank God none of my professors came in yesterday or today so I was able to watch the whole series in a few days. I think Goong has got to be one of the best Kdramas, acting wise and story wise. It was very clever. Before watching it I thought it was going to be boring and childish, but it was very mature.

And yes, I loved the soundtrack! Haha.

12-01-2010
backstage pass

leeroi- WHOA! You finished Goong?? HAHA! That's awesome! Wasn't it such an interesting story! I liked the comical part of it too. So cute and light. I didn't really get the ending though (the last scene). They made a Goong sequel, but I highly wouldn't recommend it. I watched two episodes and stopped because it was sooooo bad. Not up to par as the first Goong and the sequel had all different actors (se7en was the main character and he did a great job acting) but the story was awful. HAHA. Just in case you were planning on watching it.

Iamlordzen- I totally have to agree with you about My Girl! It was definitely one of my absolute favorite drama and I have the drama downloaded on my laptop as well (the only one). I watch it whenever I feel down or need something to lighten up my mood. It's absolutely hilarious and so good.

12-01-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
leeroi- WHOA! You finished Goong?? HAHA! That's awesome! Wasn't it such an interesting story! I liked the comical part of it too. So cute and light. I didn't really get the ending though (the last scene). They made a Goong sequel, but I highly wouldn't recommend it. I watched two episodes and stopped because it was sooooo bad. Not up to par as the first Goong and the sequel had all different actors (se7en was the main character and he did a great job acting) but the story was awful. HAHA. Just in case you were planning on watching it.
Yup. I felt bad watching so late last night, until 2am and I had to wake up at 5:30am to get ready for my classes. Good thing my professors didn't come, as I mentioned already. I went to a study room and watched for like 8 hours straight with my friends, haha.

It was very interesting indeed. I liked how the girl didn't act so retarded like other dramas (Boys Over Flowers), and I liked how she was very calm and collected. I actually was looking at the ratings of Goong S and the first few episodes got high ratings, and then all of a sudden it dropped. It didn't even make it in the Top 20 most viewed during its time, what a shame. I guess I won't watch it.

Now I'm wondering what other drama I should watch. I think I've just about watched all the good ones. I'm trying to find more dramas from like 2004-2008, but most websites only have recent ones. And I think the older dramas were much better.

12-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Yup. I felt bad watching so late last night, until 2am and I had to wake up at 5:30am to get ready for my classes. Good thing my professors didn't come, as I mentioned already. I went to a study room and watched for like 8 hours straight with my friends, haha.

It was very interesting indeed. I liked how the girl didn't act so retarded like other dramas (Boys Over Flowers), and I liked how she was very calm and collected. I actually was looking at the ratings of Goong S and the first few episodes got high ratings, and then all of a sudden it dropped. It didn't even make it in the Top 20 most viewed during its time, what a shame. I guess I won't watch it.

Now I'm wondering what other drama I should watch. I think I've just about watched all the good ones. I'm trying to find more dramas from like 2004-2008, but most websites only have recent ones. And I think the older dramas were much better.
Yeah. Goong S had lots of high expectations from the viewers! I was so excited to watch it since I'm a se7en fan, but it was just sooo bad that I couldn't watch the rest of it. It's nothing like Goong at all. It is a shame because there was so much potential. I don't know what happened. I think it was a different director so that may be part of the reason.

I really recommend My Girl! I'm sure you'll be able to find it somewhere because it's a little old, but was so popular and was a big hit! It's so funny and we could discuss it in detail because I've recently been watching it over again.

12-01-2010
trendsetter

Today must be my lucky day! I found a website that I can download My Girl from. Hahaha. I'll probably start watching it tomorrow. I need a break from watching, my eyes are tired!

What other shows are there? I'm running out, haha.

12-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Today must be my lucky day! I found a website that I can download My Girl from. Hahaha. I'll probably start watching it tomorrow. I need a break from watching, my eyes are tired!

What other shows are there? I'm running out, haha.
Yeah I know what you mean about tired eyes! HAHA. It's always nice to give them a break after a drama marathon.
You're going to enjoy My Girl! I know it! HAHA.

What other shows? You mean dramas? WHOA! There are SOOO many dramas to watch.
Have you seen the classics? Like: Winter Sonata, Autumn Story, All In, Glass Slipper, Lovers in Paris, Delightful Girl Choon-hyang, Attic Cat, Thousand Years of Love, etc? <Some of these are REALLY old.
or how about My Name is Kim Samsoon (acting is superb in this drama)
Too many dramas to list! HAHA

I started a new drama today. It's a real brand new series started in 2010. It's called Chuno and it's a saeguk drama (dramas taking place long time ago Korea). It's started off pretty well for me because some of my favorite actors are in it. I've been really into saeguk dramas these days. So interesting and unique. I liked Hong Gil Dong, Iljimae, Queen Seondeok, Painter of the Wind, Dae Jangeum, Hwang JinYi, etc. WOW. I really like them all.

12-01-2010
Oh Yeah!

Quote:
Oh! Thanks for the suggestion! I've always told myself that I will watch both movies, but never really got around to it. I've seen parts of My Sassy Girl though.
My Sassy Girl the Korean version not the American adaptation.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by khyrk View Post
My Sassy Girl the Korean version not the American adaptation.
Have you seen the American adaptation? I only saw the trailer of it before.

13-01-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Yeah I know what you mean about tired eyes! HAHA. It's always nice to give them a break after a drama marathon.
You're going to enjoy My Girl! I know it! HAHA.

What other shows? You mean dramas? WHOA! There are SOOO many dramas to watch.
Have you seen the classics? Like: Winter Sonata, Autumn Story, All In, Glass Slipper, Lovers in Paris, Delightful Girl Choon-hyang, Attic Cat, Thousand Years of Love, etc? <Some of these are REALLY old.
or how about My Name is Kim Samsoon (acting is superb in this drama)
Too many dramas to list! HAHA

I started a new drama today. It's a real brand new series started in 2010. It's called Chuno and it's a saeguk drama (dramas taking place long time ago Korea). It's started off pretty well for me because some of my favorite actors are in it. I've been really into saeguk dramas these days. So interesting and unique. I liked Hong Gil Dong, Iljimae, Queen Seondeok, Painter of the Wind, Dae Jangeum, Hwang JinYi, etc. WOW. I really like them all.
You what new show I want to watch? God of Study. But I don't have Korean channel.

There's so many good shows that are currently airing but I have to wait for websites to upload them, and most of the time they're on a weekly basis. I like watching episodes right after each other, haha. I guess I should get into the habit of watching one episode per day, but I have so much free time.

I liked Hong Gil Dong too, except that the ending was kinda confusing, did they or did they not die?

I've seen Winter Sonata a long time ago, but I forgot what it was about, I might go rewatch it.

13-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
Have you seen the American adaptation? I only saw the trailer of it before.
Omg it's awful. Couldn't get through it. Stick with the original

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
entertainers, entertainment, korean