How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

13-01-2010
Oh Yeah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traversant View Post
Omg it's awful. Couldn't get through it. Stick with the original
I agree

13-01-2010
trendsetter

I think if the general public wouldn't be so lazy to read subtitles the original My Sassy girl would have done great in the US. But noooo, they had to ruin a perfectly good movie by making a "Hollywood" version with so so actors and actresses.

I finally downloaded all the episodes of My Girl!!!! I'm so excited. Haha. I'm gonna start watching it now, I have like 6 hours in between my first class and my next class today. Ugh. Horrible schedule.

Oh, besides Dramas and Movies, what Korean singers does everyone like?

13-01-2010
Oh Yeah!

I gravitate towards YG so Bigbang and 2NE1. I've followed 2NE1 even before pre-debut, even before they were named 2NE1 I'm proud of how far they have gotten now. Bigbang is just incredible, GD is a very talented writer and producer.

®

parkmin90, absolutely! My Girl's the only Korean series in my iPod too and it never fails to lift me up when I'm feeling down. Hey, that sounded like a song didn't it?

Leeroi, i'm sure you'll enjoy watching My Girl! Tell us your feedback. I absolutely love the songs in My Girl too. In time I found myself singing it flawlessly though I can't understand a word.

Our local TV channel recreated My Girl with local actors once and it was horrible. I didn't like the cast, didn't like the script... Or maybe I liked the original version too much I can't stand substandard remakes.

I like Wondergirls. Nobody Nobody was very catchy. But after a few weeks I got tired. EVERYBODY's like singing the song.

backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
I think if the general public wouldn't be so lazy to read subtitles the original My Sassy girl would have done great in the US. But noooo, they had to ruin a perfectly good movie by making a "Hollywood" version with so so actors and actresses.

I finally downloaded all the episodes of My Girl!!!! I'm so excited. Haha. I'm gonna start watching it now, I have like 6 hours in between my first class and my next class today. Ugh. Horrible schedule.

Oh, besides Dramas and Movies, what Korean singers does everyone like?
Awww man. I was curious about the Hollywood remake of My Sassy Girl, but I didn't really hear much about it so I guess that's not a good thing. HAHA. I'll stay away from the Hollywood version and watch the Korean version soon.

YAYY My Girl!

13-01-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by khyrk View Post
I gravitate towards YG so Bigbang and 2NE1. I've followed 2NE1 even before pre-debut, even before they were named 2NE1 I'm proud of how far they have gotten now. Bigbang is just incredible, GD is a very talented writer and producer.
I love Big Bang and 2ne1.

I think Big Bang is one of the most talented groups in Korea right now. They actually sing live and they don't wear crazy clothes just to attract attention, except GD, but he's always different, haha.

Yes, GD is very talented and he is a great performer. I think he's like Lil' Wayne, not the best looking, but he has the charisma and personality.

I hate the new groups coming out like ZE:A and F.Cuz, seriously. No talent and full of auto-tuning. They're just a bunch of pretty boys. But I guess that's the new thing right now.

13-01-2010
Oh Yeah!

I love the fact that YG isn't about the looks. The talent of the members speak for itself.

backstage pass

Quote:
I totally agree with you about YG entertainment. Big Bang is so awesome and I 2NE1. They are just so cool. HAHA. I love all their music- both of them.
I'm also a fan of SM Entertainment. Super Junior, SHINee, DBSK, etc. Not too crazy about SNSD though, but sometimes I like their music.

13-01-2010
backstage pass

Quote:
I love the fact that YG isn't about the looks. The talent of the members speak for itself.
Yes! I agree with this as well!
Taeyang from Big Bang is so awesome. I love the song "Wedding Dress" right now.

13-01-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmLordZen View Post
parkmin90, absolutely! My Girl's the only Korean series in my iPod too and it never fails to lift me up when I'm feeling down. Hey, that sounded like a song didn't it?

Leeroi, i'm sure you'll enjoy watching My Girl! Tell us your feedback. I absolutely love the songs in My Girl too. In time I found myself singing it flawlessly though I can't understand a word.

Our local TV channel recreated My Girl with local actors once and it was horrible. I didn't like the cast, didn't like the script... Or maybe I liked the original version too much I can't stand substandard remakes.

I like Wondergirls. Nobody Nobody was very catchy. But after a few weeks I got tired. EVERYBODY's like singing the song.
Wasn't it a Filipino version of My Girl? It was a hot mess. I think the last Filipino drama that I loved and respected was Mara-Clara and Esperanza (I still lived in Philippines then). For some reason they don't care about quality anymore, they just want to hire the most good looking people. And there's so many remakes of Korean dramas these days. They have Full House now, right? OMG, do you watch Showtime? Ahahaha, I love it.

Nobody was very catchy, but I never understood their popularity. None of the girls can really sing all that well live. I think JYP is just an amazing marketer, especially that he has a lot of friends overseas.

I was gonna watch My Girl but I ended up watching My Sassy Girl, haha. It's almost done anyways so I'll start My Girl in a few.

Is My Name is Kim Sam Soon good?

13-01-2010
trendsetter

Quote:
Agreed.

I think SM is the worse agency right now. They have so many groups out. I think Super Junior is their only good one right now. And they have the worse contract imaginable. And when they leave the company they don't get any money what so ever.

13-01-2010
backstage pass

leeroi- My Name is Kim Samsoon is very good. It's a must watch!

13-01-2010
trendsetter

I've been looking wikipedia and seems like the careers of most Korean Actors/Actresses are very short and they don't get a lot of roles. Maybe it's because a lot of singers are getting acting roles now?

13-01-2010
®

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
Wasn't it a Filipino version of My Girl? It was a hot mess. I think the last Filipino drama that I loved and respected was Mara-Clara and Esperanza (I still lived in Philippines then). For some reason they don't care about quality anymore, they just want to hire the most good looking people. And there's so many remakes of Korean dramas these days. They have Full House now, right? OMG, do you watch Showtime? Ahahaha, I love it.

Nobody was very catchy, but I never understood their popularity. None of the girls can really sing all that well live. I think JYP is just an amazing marketer, especially that he has a lot of friends overseas.

I was gonna watch My Girl but I ended up watching My Sassy Girl, haha. It's almost done anyways so I'll start My Girl in a few.

Is My Name is Kim Sam Soon good?
I knew it! When you discussed the meaning of kamusta in the language thread I figured you must be part Filipino or you've been here or something. Hot mess is but a euphemism for the Pinoy My Girl version. Gawd, the cast were horrible. It's a good thing my TV's still intact after enduring such ludicrous shows especially since there are times when I'm really tempted to hurl it out the window. Full House is good, but I don't watch the Filipino version as I tend to get easily aggravated when I watch sub-par shows. Maybe it's good but I don't risk watching it.

My Sassy Girl! I loved the Canon in C version that the very pretty lead cast played. Destiny is building a bridge of chance for the one you love. I can't forget that My Sassy Girl line!

And yeah, I watch ShowTime on weekends as I have school on weekdays. It's a REAL laugh riot. As in I can't stop laughing when I watch it.

trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmLordZen View Post
I knew it! When you discussed the meaning of kamusta in the language thread I figured you must be part Filipino or you've been here or something. Hot mess is but a euphemism for the Pinoy My Girl version. Gawd, the cast were horrible. It's a good thing my TV's still intact after enduring such ludicrous shows especially since there are times when I'm really tempted to hurl it out the window. Full House is good, but I don't watch the Filipino version as I tend to get easily aggravated when I watch sub-par shows. Maybe it's good but I don't risk watching it.

My Sassy Girl! I loved the Canon in C version that the very pretty lead cast played. Destiny is building a bridge of chance for the one you love. I can't forget that My Sassy Girl line!

And yeah, I watch ShowTime on weekends as I have school on weekdays. It's a REAL laugh riot. As in I can't stop laughing when I watch it.
Yup, I was born in Philippines, eheh. I loved Full House and it's probably my favorite Korean drama, and it was my first also, so I can't even attempt to watch a remake of it. I can't wait for Full House 2. Too bad Bi Rain won't be in it.

I'm still on the first episode of My Girl and it's funny, haha.

Oh yeah, did you know the government suspended Showtime? One of the judges, Rosanna Roces criticized the teachers of Philippines, it wasn't even all that serious.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
entertainers, entertainment, korean