How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
13-01-2010
  121
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: VA
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,317
I think the only person whose style I don't like is Seo Hyun. All the things she wears make her look old and too serious. Even if the clothes are expensive. Atleast Yoo Rin has some freedom, no? Jung Woo's style is pretty cool too, like "i dont really care" look.

I think Korean dramas have a lot of really well dressed people; I know they're styled, but they look effortless.

Except in Style, they tried too hard to make everyone look "fashionable". They even had a Balmain dress in there and it look horrible.

  Reply With Quote
 
13-01-2010
  122
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: VA
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,317
OMG, CNBlue's new video. I'm loving it, seriously. I wished more music would be put up like this.


  Reply With Quote
13-01-2010
  123
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
I think the only person whose style I don't like is Seo Hyun. All the things she wears make her look old and too serious. Even if the clothes are expensive. Atleast Yoo Rin has some freedom, no? Jung Woo's style is pretty cool too, like "i dont really care" look.

I think Korean dramas have a lot of really well dressed people; I know they're styled, but they look effortless.

Except in Style, they tried too hard to make everyone look "fashionable". They even had a Balmain dress in there and it look horrible.
Yeah. Seo Hyun's style was kind of extreme especially when she plays tennis. Who plays tennis in her outfits? My sister and I were talking about how pro tennis players would never have their nails done like her and wear those clothes when they play. Her outfits tend to consist a lot with fur. I like Yoo Rin's chic and casual style. Seriously, I would raid her closet.

Fashion in korean dramas is another reason why I love them. All the actors and actresses look like models so they make anything look amazing. I get so inspired by their clothing and hair. HAHA. I think I'm not alone.

When I think of Style, I picture a really well dressed cast since it's revolving around the fashion industry. What a bummer to hear that they tried "too hard" to make everyone look good. That's too bad. I think it's always best when the characters look effortless yet fashionable (like Joo Yoorin!).

  Reply With Quote
13-01-2010
  124
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
Ahhh! Just by this video, CNBlue is one of my favorite bands. They sort of have a Death Cab for Cutie vibe mixed with some Maroon 5. HAHA. LOVE IT! Wow! Can't wait for their debut any longer.

  Reply With Quote
13-01-2010
  125
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: VA
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,317
Haha, I know right. The only tennis player I know that dressed nice recently was Caroline Wozniacki. She was wearing this Stella McCartney dress that looked like it was kinda annoying cause it was very frumpy and whenever the wind blew it would fly up and stuff.

YES! I agree, I also get inspired. I use to have Cole Mohr hair, but when I started watching the dramas I grew out my hair and colored it, haha. Now it's getting too long and it's getting annoying. Haha.

You haven't watched Style yet? It's also surprising that Style didn't have a lot of attractive people. Ehhh. A lot of the main leads looked very old. And the storyline was very bad. The attractive people weren't even leads and played very very minor roles (friends of the main character's) and you barely saw them. And they had the most randomest scenes in the drama, like a guy dancing half naked by himself in a club cause he was angry and sad about something. Toooo melodramatic for me.

  Reply With Quote
13-01-2010
  126
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
The more I see Jung Yonghwa, he reminds me so much of Kim Hyunjoong especially with his hairstyle he's sporting in the vid.

  Reply With Quote
13-01-2010
  127
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: VA
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,317
Their comeback stage performance will be soon! Can't wait for it. Thank goodness there's a group that doesn't need to hip hop dance.

  Reply With Quote
13-01-2010
  128
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
Haha, I know right. The only tennis player I know that dressed nice recently was Caroline Wozniacki. She was wearing this Stella McCartney dress that looked like it was kinda annoying cause it was very frumpy and whenever the wind blew it would fly up and stuff.

YES! I agree, I also get inspired. I use to have Cole Mohr hair, but when I started watching the dramas I grew out my hair and colored it, haha. Now it's getting too long and it's getting annoying. Haha.

You haven't watched Style yet? It's also surprising that Style didn't have a lot of attractive people. Ehhh. A lot of the main leads looked very old. And the storyline was very bad. The attractive people weren't even leads and played very very minor roles (friends of the main character's) and you barely saw them. And they had the most randomest scenes in the drama, like a guy dancing half naked by himself in a club cause he was angry and sad about something. Toooo melodramatic for me.
I watched an episode of Style, but I stopped. I think I was watching something else at that time and didn't want to spend too much time watching Style as well. The main leads ARE old. They are much older than what their characters portray. Lee Ji Ah is in there right? I like her. She was great in Beethoven Virus!
HAHA a guy dancing half naked in a club? Sounds hilarious. I think it's so funny when a lot of dramas have these kinds of random scenes and the camera just circles around them. I bet it must feel awkward for the actors/actresses who have to be in the center.

  Reply With Quote
13-01-2010
  129
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
Their comeback stage performance will be soon! Can't wait for it. Thank goodness there's a group that doesn't need to hip hop dance.
YESSS!!!!

  Reply With Quote
13-01-2010
  130
trendsetter
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: VA
Gender: homme
Posts: 1,317
Okay, I have like 5 more episodes to go and I'm finished with My Girl. Haha.

  Reply With Quote
14-01-2010
  131
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeroi View Post
Okay, I have like 5 more episodes to go and I'm finished with My Girl. Haha.
OMG! HAHA. You are sooo fast! Let us know what you think of the ending.

  Reply With Quote
14-01-2010
  132
®
 
IAmLordZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Manila
Gender: homme
Posts: 8,669
You can say that again parkmin. Gong-chan's office wear is impeccable. I loved the black and white fur coat he wore in episode 12, and the leather trench coat he always wears... and the hair.. And Joo Yu-rin too doesn't look ridiculous despite the over-layering of her outfit on most episodes. This brings back the memories. I'm going to watch it again.

OMG. Katorse. The lines are verrrrrry cheesy mind you. But the girls like it anyway. I have this classmate who, during a time we were making a project at their home, was screaming like crazy when she hears the usual "I love you so much it hurts" cliché lines people here never seem to get tired of.

Ever heard of Memories of Bali? The lead male star has a nice wardrobe set there too.

__________________
THE MAGAZINE STAND tumblr
  Reply With Quote
14-01-2010
  133
backstage pass
 
parkmin90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: California
Gender: femme
Posts: 783
Quote:
Originally Posted by IAmLordZen View Post
You can say that again parkmin. Gong-chan's office wear is impeccable. I loved the black and white fur coat he wore in episode 12, and the leather trench coat he always wears... and the hair.. And Joo Yu-rin too doesn't look ridiculous despite the over-layering of her outfit on most episodes. This brings back the memories. I'm going to watch it again.

OMG. Katorse. The lines are verrrrrry cheesy mind you. But the girls like it anyway. I have this classmate who, during a time we were making a project at their home, was screaming like crazy when she hears the usual "I love you so much it hurts" cliché lines people here never seem to get tired of.

Ever heard of Memories of Bali? The lead male star has a nice wardrobe set there too.
Ahh yes! I've seen "Memories of Bali" a long time ago! It's the one with Ha Ji Won (she's one of my favorite actresses of all times), Jo In Sung, and So Ji Sup! What an amazing cast! HAHA. Yes, I do remember Jo In Sung having quite the wardrobe. I remember liking his look of sporting the Hawaiian shirts that he wore in Bali.

I want to re-watch My Girl again. I feel left out. If I do re-watch it, it would be like my 3rd or 4th time. Yet this drama still makes me laugh so much.

  Reply With Quote
14-01-2010
  134
®
 
IAmLordZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Manila
Gender: homme
Posts: 8,669

cdn.buzznet.com

This coat would look tacky on anyone else. But he pulls it off effortlessly.

__________________
THE MAGAZINE STAND tumblr
  Reply With Quote
14-01-2010
  135
®
 
IAmLordZen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Manila
Gender: homme
Posts: 8,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by parkmin90 View Post
Ahh yes! I've seen "Memories of Bali" a long time ago! It's the one with Ha Ji Won (she's one of my favorite actresses of all times), Jo In Sung, and So Ji Sup! What an amazing cast! HAHA. Yes, I do remember Jo In Sung having quite the wardrobe. I remember liking his look of sporting the Hawaiian shirts that he wore in Bali.

I want to re-watch My Girl again. I feel left out. If I do re-watch it, it would be like my 3rd or 4th time. Yet this drama still makes me laugh so much.
Me too. I'm tempted to watch the series again this night. I can almost sing along to the KPop songs in My Girl.

I only remember him being "Paulo Jung" in the Philippine dubbed version. I actually watched the series because I saw him wear a fur-lined trench coat with the LV Bosphore backpack. Now that's something! And in time, I loved the story too.

__________________
THE MAGAZINE STAND tumblr
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
entertainers, entertainment, korean
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:18 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.