How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-12-2012
tfs star

The Yellow Sea 2010, another great film by Na Hong-jin. Frustrating with the storyline, so close yet so far kind of feel, likewise with The Chaser.
Giant 1956, classic.

01-12-2012
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Skyfall

01-12-2012
fashion insider

Snow White and The Huntsman, cringed over Charlize Theron, loved Kristen and drooled over Chris Hemsworth in tight pants

01-12-2012
V.I.P.

Memoirs of a Geisha
Posted via Mobile Device

01-12-2012
V.I.P.

Margin Call - well acted and stylishly shot; great men's suits. :p It's an engaging film considering it's mostly a talkie script about financial crisis. One would think it could be very dull, but it's not at all. Worth watching, for sure!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

01-12-2012
tfs star

Beasts of the Southern Wild (best movie of the year! )

01-12-2012
front row

Peacock

01-12-2012
V.I.P.

Arthur Christmas
The Hot Chick
How To Train Your Dragon

01-12-2012
fashion insider

Thor.
Can't wait for the sequel, Chris is so unbelievably hot and i actually loved the story

01-12-2012
fashion icon

Desert Flower- This is a really interesting and moving film about model Waris Dirie. About her rise to supermodel status and how she brought the issue of FGM to the world stage after dealing with her own issues from experiencing such trauma. It was really eyeopening and I was so impressed with Liya Kebede's acting. And of course Sally Hawkins was brilliant as always!

01-12-2012
V.I.P.

^ I love Sally Hawkins

Splice - weird! A million and one references to other horror films: "It's Alive", "Frankenstein", "Rosemary's Baby", "Dracula", "The Fly" and so on. Even "Little Red Riding Hood" at one point. Not to mention the very "Cronenberg" feel of the whole thing. It would've been better with a few less cliches/allusions and a little more originality. Okay, and probably worth watching just for the effects, but that's it.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

02-12-2012
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Elf

Last edited by Belowen; 02-12-2012 at 04:01 AM.

02-12-2012
fashion insider

Die Mommie Die, it can't get more campy

02-12-2012
trendsetter

Killing Them Softly

Well, not exactly the last one I saw, just the one that appealed to me most, regarding the relatively recent ones. And I loved the soundtracks

02-12-2012
fashion insider

Argo - nice blend of comedy and tension. Saw an interesting interview with the screenwriter where he talked about how much true life events were changed for dramatic purposes. A lot of the ending is seemingly quite engineered, but it was very well handled. A crowd-pleaser.

Headhunters - Really fun thriller from Norway based on a Jo Nesbo book. 90 mins of propulsive action with a healthy dose of black humour.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#8, movie