How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

07-06-2013
windowshopping

'Quartet', which was lovely, and I highly recommend it to those who like opera and Dame Maggie Smith.

07-06-2013
fashion icon

Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani

It's currently smashing box-office records in India at the moment (charted in at #8 here in the states which is the highest ever for a Bollywood film) and I was lucky enough to catch a screening at my local theater. It's a sweet film, really enjoyable and I had a smile on my face the whole time (except for one scene where I was in tears... I cry easily ). Ranbir Kapoor is really charming and wonderful in this film too... no doubt he will become a massive name with this film! And of course, the soundtrack is pretty awesome (Madhuri Dixit has a song and it's really neat).

08-06-2013
V.I.P.

May - well, I'd read about this indie horror film some time ago, and it was definitely worth watching, although very bizarre. The main actress is quite wonderful in the role, and she kind of captures your heart, even though she's insane. This is not for everyone. But if you like horror, and you like black humour, and you like B movies, then it may be up your alley. Oh, and it has a great, moody soundtrack!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

08-06-2013
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

The Matrix

10-06-2013
V.I.P.

Black Swan
Sherlock Holmes
Mission Impossible - Ghost Protocol

10-06-2013
V.I.P.

Frances Ha- I wasn't impressed with it. cute, but instantly forgetable. Like watching a movie about my best friend's life

10-06-2013
V.I.P.

Stand up guys. Not a great film but i always will love al pacino no matter what.
Parker, mjeh...
Identity thief, okay-ish.
The great and powerful oz. Not a fan of franco. But i love michelle williams and rachel weisz

10-06-2013
Adore You

The Great Gatsby
The Lucky One
Premium Rush
Drive
The Paperboy

10-06-2013
tfs star

Fast & Furious 6
Bullhead

10-06-2013
you soft and only

Wild River (1960)

One of the best hidden gems I've discovered this year.

11-06-2013
fashion insider

Auntie Mame (LOVED!)
Cloud Atlas
Side Effect
Identify Theft (Melissa McCarthy is becoming a favorite of mine, she's hilarious)

Last edited by maxlinden; 11-06-2013 at 09:11 AM.

11-06-2013
V.I.P.

Bug - what a freakishly surreal film. Superb acting by Michael Shannon and Ashley Judd, and the set/art design is pretty amazing too. But it is definitely bizarre and not for everyone. I found it very, um, affecting...

Edit: oh yeah, it's directed by William Friedkin, of Exorcist & French Connection fame - kind of makes me want to see his newer film, Killer Joe, which I've heard it quite strange as well - both Bug & Killer Joe are based on writer Tracy Letts' work.

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

Last edited by Not Plain Jane; 11-06-2013 at 01:55 PM.

11-06-2013
you set the scene

^I liked Bug as well as Killer Joe. Only saw it once when it first came out, but I remember thinking Bug was pretty clever, and I always love Michael Shannon! Strange doesn't even begin to describe Killer Joe.

Mr. Bean's Holiday: I'm somewhat torn as this was totally maddening but a little bit charming too.
A Clockwork Orange

11-06-2013
V.I.P.

^ Thanks for the tantalizing comment re: Killer Joe: guess I have to see it now!

12-06-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Plain Jane View Post
Bug - what a freakishly surreal film. Superb acting by Michael Shannon and Ashley Judd, and the set/art design is pretty amazing too. But it is definitely bizarre and not for everyone. I found it very, um, affecting...
I saw Bug when it came out - I was only 12 at the time - and yea..... it's definitely affecting. I never want to see it again, haha.

Muriel's Wedding. You're terrible, Muriel! :p

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#8, movie