Last Movie You Saw #9 - Page 28 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
10-04-2014
fashion elite

Nymophomaniac vol 1 and vol 2 awsome movie !

12-04-2014
V.I.P.

Seduced and abandoned, soooooo good. Castanha, pretty boring. And The Sacrament, interesting.

12-04-2014
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Godzilla

13-04-2014
V.I.P.

I’ve Loved You So Long

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

14-04-2014
windowshopping

still haven't seen Nymphomaniac. i'm missing out on the thread's trending point of commonality.

The Grand Budapest Hotel

the story picks a duo to travel with, but gives quick tastes of all kinds of fantastic along the way. "i need to see it again" is what i think after most movies of any intrigue. it is particularly applicable to this film. glimpses are given of this world as the two characters flee through. i was in the theater and really missed the rewind button. wes anderson pokes fun at story telling -- the series of events through an oral story through a book through a film. and actually the series of events are (on the surface) a character sketch told by the sidekick. i wasn't paying enough attention at the beginning and i'm not sure how much i'm just not supposed to know about that grave and the book -- which i assume is written by the guest, wait, ****, now i remember some guy telling us about story telling. yeah, i need to see it again.

agatha is the most frustrating withheld. after googling the actress, it is confirmed it is the character who's captivating. nothing against saoirse ronan, who makes the wonderful character possible. agatha reminds me of inez. with Bottle Rocket, i am attracted to the characters' attraction to one another. in The Grand Budapest Hotel, i am attracted to both the characters' mutual attraction and definitely agatha herself.

i was really surprised to see léa in the credits. 4:3 made the picture so small, didn't even notice.

Kamikaze Girls

shame i waited so long to see this movie because of an off-putting title. godard (themes explored), argento (visuals), araki (plot & dialogue) must have worked together on this one under the pen name tetsuya nakashima. it is targeted at a younger audience, as the punk rock title suggests. long as that's not too embarrassing, this movie is pretty and fun.

and her outfits are so ****ing cute. the clothing trend lolita's first strike with me is the name itself. i think it is an allusion to the novel, and i don't think it's commentary reflecting the narration's contrasting reality and presentation. second, it has the connotation of being nerdy and in result lacks the models to catch my attention. third and worst strike, it looks bad. cheap, costume-y, classless. not at all the case with momoko's wardrobe. ornate yet precise. it's doll. a little bit of googling reveals that's because baby, the stars shine bright is a real boutique and the author, who was surely involved with the film, is a fashion designer. whose line is no longer sold at baby, the stars shine bright because of a marijuana controversy. according to wikipedia. getting off topic. really cute outfits. more. beautiful clothes.

should i go through with this divorce? isolate myself from you?

humans are cowards in the face of happiness. you need courage to hold on to happiness. how old are you?

thirty-three.

it’s your last chance. to grasp happiness. don’t miss it.

momoko!

take his love and make yourself beautiful. get breast implants and beauty treatments, and enter beauty contests.

why?

it’s fun.

on godard, bluntly stating humans think and die alone. then showing a slight will to delve deeper and explain, "what about friends or lovers? wouldn't you miss your parents or kids?" "meaningless words, just like 'janitor' or 'president.'" later, joking about everyone sharing the thought, "it has to be you."

i cannot find it now, but there is a line about either the main character or the clothing line being like a tiny piece of cake. i can't quite remember it and can't come up with any version that delivers. i already sealed the netflix envelope, so hopefully it's in the novel and the translation is similar.

Last edited by refractedlight; 14-04-2014 at 09:33 PM.

14-04-2014
V.I.P.

Downloaded, a documentary about Napster, very good. Shivers, by David Cronenberg, not the great Cronenberg but he was just beginning. Streets of fire, I movie that I loved, and I had the opportunity to watch on big screen.

15-04-2014
V.I.P.

rewatched The Words

17-04-2014
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Identity
Event Horizon

18-04-2014
V.I.P.

Grand Budapest hotel

19-04-2014
V.I.P.

Saw both volumes of Nymphomaniac and they weren't that great. The first is the better of the two, partly because it laughs at itself a little more. But even then, it's a lot of nothing. The second one is even worse. So much talk. A lot of daring and dark sexual endeavours. A very lame ending. Meh, overall. Von Trier has done so much better! This was an anti-climax. ha!

Fashion: Don’t you recognize me? Death: You should know that I don’t see very well and I can’t wear glasses. Fashion: I’m Fashion, your sister. Death: My sister? Fashion: Yes. You and I together keep undoing and changing things down here on earth although you go about it in one way and I another. Giacomo Leopardi, “Dialogue Between Fashion and Death.”abridged

20-04-2014
fashion insider

Just watched "The Sessions"

Loved this movie, it was zoo lighthearted and whimsical.

20-04-2014
V.I.P.

Just watched both Anchormans back-to-back. Ha! Cute and "sha la la la my lady!"

20-04-2014
V.I.P.

9 and 1/2 weeks - somehow I remembered it differently, the movie seems a bit silly and too focused on external things like lighing, make-up, etc.

The wedding date - just what I needed at the moment of watching, light romantic film with a happy ending

20-04-2014
V.I.P.

I've seen 9 and 1/2 weeks just recently, for the first time and I thought it was fantastic, I was absolutely amazed, such movies are rarity these days. Loved everything about it!

Endless Love - pretty cute but nothing more than that.

20-04-2014
V.I.P.

I rewatched 9 1/2 Weeks late last year and found it kind of silly too; however, I loved Kim Basinger's wardrobe!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#8, #9, movie