How to Join
the Fashion Spot / the Sidewalk Café / the Entertainment Spot
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

14-09-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Emma may have been a bit fashionably late to the party, but she definitely stole the show when she arrived at Homecoming! She not only deserved the crown, but also received our vote for the best-dressed girl of the evening. She was picture perfect in her asymmetrical, one-shoulder, little black dress and chic up-do! One-shoulder dresses have been a red carpet favorite for many celebrities and we can assure you that this trend is not going anywhere for a while!

Long or short, one-shoulder dresses provide a unique shape that looks amazing on every body type. Jazz up the go-to typical one-shoulder dress by looking for interesting cuts similar to Emma’s, or unique details on the shoulder that add a dash of drama! Dressing young and hip doesn’t mean you have to wearing something short, tight, and flashy. Erase that definition from your minds and take a lesson from Emma in her classy and fashionable homecoming dress. The details on her dress add the right pop of sparkle that keeps the dress looking fresh and vibrant! We absolutely adore the entire look from head to toe!

We love a great pair of earrings paired with a one-shoulder dress. Let your personality shine and either opt for large studs or a mesmerizing pair of long earrings that will draw more attention to your neckline. One thing to steer away from in the accessories department is pairing a necklace with a one-shoulder dress. That is a serious violation and you will be ticketed, so please don’t make that fashion felony! Take a peek at our tips below on where you can find a fabulous dress similar to Emma’s!!

One-Shoulder Dress
Steal: BCBG
Splurge: Lela Rose
ABC Family

05-10-2011
V.I.P.

Bad Boys Break Hearts

Quote:
Emma's Sequin Dress
We are secretly really starting to like Emma and Ethan together. So when they had their real first date, we were anxious to see what Emma would wear. And she did not disappoint! Who says sequins needs to be saved for cocktail attire? Sequins have made their way into our every day life and we couldn’t be happier about it. When you want to add a few sequin pieces to your closet, look for cuts that are classic. A shift dress, a blazer and tank tops are a few great ways to wear sequins without the look coming off too dressy.

Quote:
A Casual Look for Mads
Jeans and tank tops are a look that most of us wear…a lot. We all have tank tops in a hundred different colors and a pair of jeans in every fit and shade right? We have all of these options in the hope that we will be able to create the perfect combination. Our favorite fashionista, Mads, shows us how to pull this look off in an effortless way. The fit of the top and the jeans is the key. If you have a super skinny tight jean, then opt for something a little looser on top. If you have a boyfriend jean, then choose a fitted tank. Balancing the proportions is the key for any look but can make your casual outfits look polished and timeless.

Quote:
Char's Little Black Dress
Black dresses can be a dime a dozen. They can all end up looking the same and before you know it you’ve got a closet full of black dresses and still nothing to wear. Char really knows how to avoid this fashion pitfall. She always has the WOW factor in all of her outfits and this black dress is no exception. When you are searching for your perfect black dress, look for options that really stand out. Some great details, something architecturally interesting or an unexpected cutout are great ways to let your black dress stand out in a crowd.

Quote:
Laurel's Animal Print Dress
Animal prints are so huge right now and Laurel is looking picture-perfect in her version. We love a good animal printed anything, but the tricky thing with this trend is that it can be overwhelming and tacky -- or subtle and chic. The key is to find the right version. That might me a leopard print ballet flat or a purse or it could be a dress like Laurel’s that is covered in the print but somehow doesn’t feel like too much. It can be an interesting trend to navigate so use your gut instinct and work a few pieces into your closet that suit your style.

Quote:
Mads' Peach Dress
There is no getting around the beauty that is Mads. Every time she comes on the screen we have to really take a minute to process what we are seeing. Her skin, her hair, her clothing…this girl has it all! And not to mention, she can wear anything. She looks stunning in workout gear and elegant and pristine in dresses. Her fashion range is expansive so we wanted to start this week with her fabulous peach dress. It is such a delicate look. The fabric is so light and the design of the dress is so unique. This dress screams “Wear me for something special and make sure to take a ton of photos!”
abcfamily

05-10-2011
V.I.P.

Escape from Sutton Island

Quote:
Laurel's Black Floral Dress
Laurel is such a pretty, feminine fashionista, always wearing pink, flowers and dresses. If she wears black, it is certainly in a pretty way, which is exactly why we love this dress on her! It’s lightweight, romantic and even though it is black, it totally fits in with Laurel’s vibe. Having a specific type in fashion isn’t necessarily a bad thing. If you know what works on your body and makes you feel your best, sticking to your type is a very good thing.

Quote:
Emma's Amazing Earrings
Accessories can make an outfit shine and Emma looks fantastic in these Native-American inspired earrings. This is a HUGE trend going into fall, and we are going to see this look everywhere. Lots of jewelry, bags, shoes and clothing options will be infused with great Native-American details. Strong prints, bold colors and intricate beading are all part of this wearable trend, and Emma shows us a great way to wear this look right.

Quote:
Char's Swimsuit
A girl can never have too many great swimsuit options, and Char certainly has a lot. Every week we see her in something new, and all of her suits have been different and fabulous in their own way. The thing about swimwear is you really can have a suit for years, so these can be investment pieces. And at this time of year, swimsuits are all on sale, so stock up now for next season! Come next summer you will be glad you did.

Quote:
Laurel's Pink Top
Pretty in pink is not just a saying for Laurel. She literally is always pretty in pink! Most of us have a color we look best in, and black does not count. Even if you are not a “color” person, there are great ways to add a few bright pieces to your wardrobe and use them in great ways. A coat, a great scarf or a ballet flat are all great ways to use your favorite color in your wardrobe in multiple ways.

Quote:
Emma's Multiple Prints
Mixing prints can be a tricky concept if you are prone to being a matchy-matchy dresser. We love this trend, and Emma shines in this perfectly mixed print combination. The key to making this work for you is to keep your prints in the same color family. That way the prints and colors complement each other. So let yourself get creative with your prints and put together some unexpected combinations. We guarantee you will like the results.
abcfamily

05-10-2011
V.I.P.

Never Have I Ever

Quote:
Laurel's Perfect Jewelry
Laurel certainly knows how to put the finishing touches on an outfit. She always chooses the right jewelry, shoes and bags and this week is no different. We love the blue colored stones in her necklace. They are the perfect compliment to the blue dress. Matching your accessories is not always easy nor is it always necessary but when you have the right pieces in the right hues it works.

Quote:
Emma's Blue Dress with Orange Shoes
We are all guilty of wearing a black shoe with everything in our closet, right? The idea of mixing colors, textures and patterns is a little scary sometimes, but Emma shows us a great way to make this work. This fall let your shoes and accessories be the star and look for unexpected ways to pair them with things you wouldn’t normally consider.

Quote:
Inspiring Fashions for School
Getting ready for school can sometimes seem like a chore. If you didn’t sleep well, you’re having a bad hair day, or even if you are just running behind, the last thing you want to deal with is putting on a great dress. This week Emma and Laurel are giving us such inspiration for our morning routines. They always seem to put on their best pieces no matter what else is going on in their lives. If this is something you would love to work on, try planning out your outfits the night before to save yourself the extra minutes in the morning. Maybe if you can find an extra five minutes, you can start wearing your best dresses even on a Monday morning.

Quote:
Mads' Striped Dress with Cutout Sleeves
Cutouts are a great trend that can be tricky to wear. Obviously Mads looks amazing in everything, but why we love this dress so much is that it’s a great way for the rest of us to try cutouts if we are self conscious in the least. Having the cutouts on the arms is a great way to wear this trend in a more conservative way. Being a little creative with this look can be a great way to make it work for you and your body type.

Quote:
Emma's Trend Alert
This fall there are a lot of great trends sweeping the country but one that we hope hangs around for many seasons to come is the return to lady-like fashion. Pieces are pretty, feminine and look great on everyone. The neck tie detailing, like Emma is wearing, can be a great staple in your wardrobe. Use it for layering under a great jacket or pair it with a fab high-waisted pant for maximum fashion impact.
abcfamily

05-10-2011
V.I.P.

Kimchi Blue Lace Tee

coolspotters

07-10-2011
scenester

the fashion is totally amazing in this show!!! on my blog i do posts inspired by the fashion! check it out!

http://shopstyleconquer.blogspot.com...ying%20fridays

09-06-2012
backstage pass

how do you like the story so far?

09-01-2013
windowshopping

bumping this for return of the show tonight!! can anyone help me with ids? I loved sutton's green earrings throughout and the highlighter-y yellow dress at the end with the sheer white slip thing underneath? ahh so excited the show is back!

11-01-2013
windowshopping

I spent the last week watching the entire first season and am so addicted now. Having this and PLL on the same day is the best, lol. I love all of Sutton's jewelry!

15-01-2013
V.I.P.

^ Me too. I spent all last week stocking up on earrings- all thanks to Sutton

So glad this thread was created.

15-01-2013
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaciousCohen View Post

Omg, same here, except with chunky statement necklaces! Lol. :p Can't wait for a new episode tonight.

24-02-2013
scenester

Quote:
Originally Posted by VivaciousCohen View Post

omg yes her jewellery!

x

http://www.shopstyleconquer.blogspot.com

http://www.facebook.com/ShopStyleConquer

http://instagram.com/shopstyleconquer

http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/277...-style-conquer

01-03-2013
V.I.P.

Thanks, will definitely check those out!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopgirlalana View Post
Omg, same here, except with chunky statement necklaces! Lol. :p Can't wait for a new episode tonight.

I just picked up 2 from Zara

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
fashion, game, lying